8.5 million to spend,

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Form a fkn super team with a handful of superstars like the NBA
The great thing about nrl is, you know which positions you need stars in.

The nba is a bit more random, you can have an average pg (raptors) but a sick forward like Leonard.

In a way nrl is easier in that sense.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
they can pay off my mortgage then buy all the duds in the world for all i care

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We need to look at a team like the Storm. They have always had a great spine and built around that. We need to do the same.

At least one marquee half who can control a game, a dynamic hooker and a fullback who can make an impact. The problem will be finding these players who are mostly all locked up where they are.
Firstly, this is for 2021. Now we NEED to sign at least 1 marquee player for around a million. Tommy Turbo will be someone we should look at and play him at fullback.

Then, we need to look at 2 players at around $700,000-$800,000 - like Jake T and perhaps Martin Taupau.

With that money spent, around $2,500,000, we'll need to spend the next $6,000,000 on retaining players in our team who are actually decent, such s Josh Jackson, Reimis Smith, Dallin W-Z etc...

Final step... other decent players at other clubs coming off contract *hopefully* will be attracted to the way our club is looking and be willing to negotiate.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It honestly doesnt matter how much we spend, its how we spend it.

I want to buy players that will come to our club and buy into the system. Not just any superstar who comes for the sake of $$$$ only.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
they can pay off my mortgage then buy all the duds in the world for all i care
Gonna happen no matter what except for your mortgage.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be great if we could get a forward in the ilk of Ben Kennedy or Kevin Campion. Look at what those two did when they went to Manly and the Warriors.

We badly need a hard ass forward leader who is winner. Now its easier said then done because no one really stands out.

Maybe someone like JWH for a couple of years when hes off contract at the end of 2020.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players we should target in 2020.

Brisbane Broncos: David Fifita & Katoni Staggs

Canberra Raider: Nick Cotric & Jack Wighton

Cronulla Sharks: Sione Katoa

Gold Coast Titans: Jai Arrow

Manly Sea Eagles: Tom Trbojevic & Jake Trbojevic & Martin Tapau

Melbourne Storm: Brody Croft & Ryan Papayhuyzen & Suliasi Vunivalu

New Zealand Warriors: Chanel Haris-Tavita

Newcastle Knights: Connor Watson & Herman Ese'se

North Qld Cowboys: Jake Clifford

Parramatta Eels: No one

Penrith Panthers: Tyrell Fuimaono

South Sydney Rabbitohs: No one

St George Dragons: Zac Lomax

Sydney Roosters: Latrell Mitchell & Joseph Manu & Siosiua Taukeiaho & Lachlan Lam

West Tigers: No one

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If reports of us chasing Levi are true.. we will be blowing our cap space on duds..

I dont see how he is any improvement on what we have ..

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Sydney Roosters: Latrell Mitchell & Joseph Manu & Siosiua Taukeiaho & Lachlan Lam

Don't shoot me but....

Parra: Tagairangi? (1 year with 1 CO)

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully it's managed very well and Anderson and Pay have others looking over their shoulder.
Exactly. We need a new coach first, someone who, with a good team, is capable of winning the Competition. We can’t let a learner drive drive the bus. Starting our new wave of recruiting with the current coach and administration will be the worst thing we can do.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jake Trjobevic as the marquee signing. With Tom being offered more I'd throw in a big multi year offer for Jake and make him captain. He'd drive team culture and standards.
I'd be going after Papenhauzen, Grant and Welch from the Storm as a priority. Pap and Grant will be stuck behind Hughes and Smith so may be tempted by opportunity.
An experienced half like Green or Townsend to steer the team around and support a young spine, presuming Foran is not re-signed and Wakeham develops.
Definately need at least 1 quality centre - Marsters, Ramien, Lomax come to mind. DWZ, Hopoate and R Smith would round out the backline.
We're stocked for backrowers so that's retention not recruitment.
That's 6 new faces who would be a walk up start. You'd need some young up and comers who want a first grade opportunity, Tristan Sailor, Sam Verrils, Billy Walters, Jack Murchie, Lachlan Lam etc mixed with some depth signings and retention in other positions to round out the squad.

And a decent coach.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ramien is on the outer at the Knights too.

Like most I reckon we need a 9, an organising half and a 1 as priorities (in that order). I also reckon we need a dominant forward to lead the pack. Fonua-Blake would be good, Jake Turbo would be sensational. Another centre (maybe Ramien) would also be great.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah ok, enough with your shit talk! Roosters, Sharks, Storm have shit junior development and have still been successful.
Laughable comment.

Others have already mentioned plenty of names from each club but I’ll draw your attention to the Storm in particular who you claim have shit junior development, which I might add is one of the most moronic comments in this forums history.

The Storm have quite literally built a dynasty of success upon their junior development systems and talent networks.

For starters the big 4 - Cronk, Slater, Smith, Inglis all came through their feeder network with Brisbane North’s Devils and developed as Juniors in the overall Storm environment. Will Chambers a similar route.

Since then they’ve continued to identify, produce and develop talent who’ve then worked their way through Under 20s football into the NRL. Munster, Vunivalu, Bromwich brothers, Brandon Smith, Papenhuyzen, Welch, Asofa Solomona, Curtis Scott, Croft the list goes on and on.

The Storm very rarely have to look outside their own training paddock when it comes to NRL recruitment. And that’s thanks to the importance they place on talent identification - and developing their talent within their junior pathway systems.

Now tell me again all about how the Storm and co have shit junior development.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jake Trjobevic as the marquee signing. With Tom being offered more I'd throw in a big multi year offer for Jake and make him captain. He'd drive team culture and standards.
I'd be going after Papenhauzen, Grant and Welch from the Storm as a priority. Pap and Grant will be stuck behind Hughes and Smith so may be tempted by opportunity.
An experienced half like Green or Townsend to steer the team around and support a young spine, presuming Foran is not re-signed and Wakeham develops.
Definately need at least 1 quality centre - Marsters, Ramien, Lomax come to mind. DWZ, Hopoate and R Smith would round out the backline.
We're stocked for backrowers so that's retention not recruitment.
That's 6 new faces who would be a walk up start. You'd need some young up and comers who want a first grade opportunity, Tristan Sailor, Sam Verrils, Billy Walters, Jack Murchie, Lachlan Lam etc mixed with some depth signings and retention in other positions to round out the squad.

And a decent coach.
Well it looks like Ramien might be available immediately.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best time to grab Ramien salary wise would be now. Get him while he is feeling vunerable.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy Klemmer back, see if he's sick of the shit yet.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
The great thing about nrl is, you know which positions you need stars in.

The nba is a bit more random, you can have an average pg (raptors) but a sick forward like Leonard.

In a way nrl is easier in that sense.
In today's nba positions are basically a non factor as most forwards csn play in any position and guards are interchangeable.

Plus you have five players on a court as opposed to 13 on the field, so one star player goes a long way. Whereas one star player on a 13 person team doesn't have the same affect

Status
Not open for further replies.