News Bulldogs cop another Foran blow

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he can't be medically retired which would have to be near impossible, the best option for him and the club would be to offer him and extended coaching contract which would insure he is not out of pocket, (I know that the club has been throwing around a lot of money recently and I'm sick of it).
If Foran has any sense and decency he should realize that our club has been very good to him, and agree to such a deal. he should know that their is no club who would sign him post 2020 season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he can't be medically retired which would have to be near impossible, the best option for him and the club would be to offer him and extended coaching contract which would insure he is not out of pocket, (I know that the club has been throwing around a lot of money recently and I'm sick of it).
If Foran has any sense and decency he should realize that our club has been very good to him, and agree to such a deal. he should know that their is no club who would sign him post 2020 season.
This is how I feel too. Give him
A 4 year half coaching contract ffs. Set him up for life after football. as you said he knows he won’t get another one. If the $ makes sense I’m sure he would entertain it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, offer the guy a payout. Come to some agreement and he won't have to put his body through more hell. Offer him $500k to sit at home and do nothing (we'll save $500k-$700k). I mean there have been players like Tim Grant from Panthers who unselfishly retired mid this year with a year to run on his contract because his body was shot. Foran needs to do the same because while he is on the Dogs books, he is stopping us from moving forward. The dogs did him a favour in signing him, he should return the favour and retire.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Seriously, offer the guy a payout. Come to some agreement and he won't have to put his body through more hell. Offer him $500k to sit at home and do nothing (we'll save $500k-$700k). I mean there have been players like Tim Grant from Panthers who unselfishly retired mid this year with a year to run on his contract because his body was shot. Foran needs to do the same because while he is on the Dogs books, he is stopping us from moving forward. The dogs did him a favour in signing him, he should return the favour and retire.
Hard to argue

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he would be after one more contract after this one. That is why he wont retire.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor bloke, but also very selfish of him knowing the clubs position and not conceding his time has reached its expiry date and the club/his friends would benefit immensely from him retiring. How does every other club manage to retire their duds?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This is becoming a bad joke. Who the fuck signed him , especially on a mil.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS - put the poor bloke out of his misery, euthanise him!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran is only 29 and he is stubborn fucker. Good luck getting him to retire early.

Banned
Reaction score
It's in his interest to do so.
What chance does he think he has of employment with the club post contract, if he doesn't show he's a team player?
Who will hire someone who acts only with their interests in mind?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute joke. Retire. Did the club even do a medical before they blew a million off the cap?
Highly unlikely, that would have thwarted Haslers hatched plan to pay his buddy massive overs to help him out of his debts and get a kickback for himself... well played gents.