News Bulldogs cop another Foran blow

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't we love to use his $1.2m of cap space for 2020 for some decent players.

I would go $750k for top of the line hooker and $450k for a gun centre. We can only dream

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort Foran puts in when he does play. You can see he is trying hard and has good intentions. But we cannot afford to carry him in the cap for over a million next year, when hes likely to only play half the games. Forans mind is willing, but his body is saying "get fucked"

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How can Greg Inglis be medically retired but Foran cant
At worst Inglis still managed 18 games in his worst season at Souths, and had injury’s from his storm days
I might be wrong but I think Inglis just retired, not medically. Then a job was created for him in the coaching staff.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed he really is injured or the alternative of Pay freezing him out that some have suggested. Anyone seen an interview with him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes he's trying his very best, etc but he's letting his mates down by not being available and chewing up significant cap space. Should do the honorable thing and retire.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol yeah @ 1.2M this year and next year I appreciate that his effort is exactly equal to my effort as the cripple is never on the paddock. DCE, Munster, Turbo are all on less or same dough. The bloke won gold lotto the day dickhead Des signed him up and the clowns in charge ok'd it. Ever heard of due dilligence....even the press knew he was broken but we signed him up. Dogs are the joke of the league at the moment.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Bulldogs star Kieran Foran is set to miss at least another week after succumbing to a calf injury while recovering from a hamstring problem.

It’s a huge blow for the Bulldogs as their five-eighth has not played a game since Round 15 and a total of just 10 games for the club this year.

Captain Josh Jackson confirmed Foran had ‘tweaked’ his calf at training this week while attempting to return from a hamstring injury in time to play the Panthers this week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6bcfd205ed4c5ece9aa5177e563bc649
Hahaha wtf gets another injury whilst recovering from an injury

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guys copped more blows than napa. Coincidentally if forans new mrs copped more blows he'd have less mouths to feed in retirement

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Envision being paid 1 million dollars a year for tweaking your calf.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Foz retire now do the right thing by the club and be the halves coach and have a job in football
Bloody oath, if he has any respect for Pay, his team mates or this club he needs to announce his retirement for the end of this year

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Des just used us to set Foran up for life and the club let it happen these are some dark fucking days for this club

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club needs to do an investigation into the club itself, for Forans medical records and check ups before signing on with us.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think Inglis just retired, not medically. Then a job was created for him in the coaching staff.
Correct, it was very dodgy and I doubt our club would be treated as favorably as Souths and golden boy GI were, if we attempted to retire Foran before his contract expires

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The selfish **** needs to retire and give us some cap space. Useless POS. Go back to Manly.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Foran said enoughs enough and retired like Inglis did it would be fine.

The thing is his heart won’t quit and his brain says he can get on the field.

The issue is his body won’t let him
Stay on there.

As a person who also competes in sports I see complete respect in his mental strength and determination.

As a fan of the club and someone who was a huge Foran fan it’s time he steps away from the field as a player. He would make an outstanding assistant to the halves. He is as tough as nails and could read a game beautifully. Before his body became such a liability he was without a doubt top 3-4 half in the game in my Opinion.

He won’t get the chance again after this deal though so unless he really didn’t care about the $ he won’t. It’s hard to blame
Him either. Even if he is wealthy and his family.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's headed for 12 games again this year meaning he's games value is over 100g per match ... what a buy

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct, it was very dodgy and I doubt our club would be treated as favorably as Souths and golden boy GI were, if we attempted to retire Foran before his contract expires
100% agree mate, no way could we do something like that.