8.5 million to spend,

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can only cut players other teams want. That’s how it works.
Imagine if we announced tolman, Holland and montoya were free to look elsewhere ?
Crickets anyone ?
Exactly, you’re arguing against yourself.
I make 2 clear points.
1. You can’t assemble a quality ‘new’ team just because you have 8.5m to spend, the players simply aren’t there.
2. We should not have cut who we did, in the first months the board was in. I’d rather gone over the cap and worked with the NRL on ‘fixing’ the issue or taking my punishment. Instead we gave any player with ‘talent’ away to first bidder. Board were / are extremely naive.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll be pissed if we buy any backrowers with Stimson, CHN, and Jacko we are well covered. Our most promising juniors are mostly second rowers too.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ll be pissed if we buy any backrowers with Stimson, CHN, and Jacko we are well covered. Our most promising juniors are mostly second rowers too.
Jacko has been a favorite of mine for many years and I want him looked after but:
1. He’s well past his best
2. We can’t have him taking a big chunk of salary cap, that’s why when in this mess.
We need more forwards big time, our pack are pussies

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I make 2 clear points.
1. You can’t assemble a quality ‘new’ team just because you have 8.5m to spend, the players simply aren’t there.
2. We should not have cut who we did, in the first months the board was in. I’d rather gone over the cap and worked with the NRL on ‘fixing’ the issue or taking my punishment. Instead we gave any player with ‘talent’ away to first bidder. Board were / are extremely naive.
Plenty of players available for 2021 but you're right we will end up paying overs if we chase a bunch at the same time.

On the flip side, if we can attract three spine players that want to play or keep playing together, they could come at a discount.

Think:

Trbojevic brothers

Keary Latrell Tedesco

Gagai Murray Reynolds

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jacko has been a favorite of mine for many years and I want him looked after but:
1. He’s well past his best
2. We can’t have him taking a big chunk of salary cap, that’s why when in this mess.
We need more forwards big time, our pack are pussies
When Jacko re-signed in 2016 he was a rusted on Origin player and now he would be lucky to rate a mention. A lot has changed since then. It will all depend on what money he wants. Pay spending this money is a major concern for me I can see him splashing big money on Tolman, Jacko and Elliott because they are “senior players”

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plenty of players available for 2021 but you're right we will end up paying overs if we chase a bunch at the same time.

On the flip side, if we can attract three spine players that want to play or keep playing together, they could come at a discount.

Think:

Trbojevic brothers

Keary Latrell Tedesco

Gagai Murray Reynolds
They would be good, but they will never come to the Dogs; and if they did, they would have their good qualities coached out of them.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
And some tall, fast wingers to direct kicks toward.
I’m happy with smith in the backline and dwz.

3 more needed if same quality with at least 1 out and out superstar.

Need a gun half. A gun hooker.

2 gun props.

Chn Stimson Jackson are sufficient in the bsckrow.

Ogden and maybe to’maga can add to the bench.

If we could I’d go for Thompson from england, welsh maybe or some big mongrel prop like Nelson for storm, aiden fonau Blake for manly etc.

Any 3 quality backs with 1 out and out star. Tedesco, Tommy t, Ponga, latrell maybe Holmes if he wants to come
Back?

someone like that for 1 and then 2 players who are very good and somewhat underrated like staggs, Nofoaluma, feldt, rapana, Oates, addocar. I’d personally go extremely hard for Joseph manu up with the top list.

A quality half is hard to pick. There really is only a few. We should of gone for Flanagan hard. There really is nothing I can see that is any chance. Don’t know what they do there.

I’d go hard for faniu at hooker though more likely korisau is a chance and he would be a huge upgrade even if he’s not exactly elite he could do his job for sure.

Though realistically we will upgrade Elliott and tolman and maybe Meaney and cogger

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since when did we have Props?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a well balanced team... don't put all eggs into one basket. I would prefer if we didn't give 1 million to any player. Build a modestly good squad, with a couple of good players in certain spots and with a good coach. Certain players that fit into what I'm trying to describe include Joe Stimson, DWZ, Jackson, CHN etc... we don't have enough money for Jai Arrow, so we settle for Josh Jackson and I say that is fine. Remember that we have quite a couple of good players coming up
1. DWZ (good player, not too expensive)
2. Jayden Okunbor (no doubt)
3. Buy someone (when should Morgan Harper be ready?)
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith (no doubt)
6 + 7. Lewis/Wakeham/Cogger (there are three young players here, keep all of them. surely at least one of them will turn out to be a decent player, if not good; get them a halves partner that is experienced - can afford to spend 800k here)
8. Aiden Tolman (cheap, does all the hard work, please don't bash him he doesn't deserve it)
9. Buy someone
10. Buy someone
11. Joe Stimson
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Josh Jackson
14. Kayne Kalache
15. Dylan Napa (when contract finished get rid of him)
16. Ogden/To'omanga
17. This spot is for one of the young halves

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think we need a full back, wingers, centres, locks, second rowers, props and good bench players then we will be competitive

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's our hit list?

Do we have to sign a marquee player

Do we have break players contract to get who we want.

The last team to have a open chequebook was South's when they re entered the comp after Super League
Dont worry about the players.

Best person to sign in the game is bellamy.

Id throw $2 mil a season to bellamy, then the players will come.
Watch the talent come for unders instead of overs.

Best business descion the club can make in the next 10 years, fuck holbrook go all in for bellamy!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I make 2 clear points.
I’ve never argued that we should try and sign players who are contracted to other clubs.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay will have a field day with that dosh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.