If Titans sign Holbrook I blame Dogs board for effing it up

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it was a mixture of scouting players and talking to Holbrook. Now that Holbrook is at the Titans, watch for Thompson and other English players to potentially sign with them. Or Bennett or the Raiders will keep signing the Englishmen. Who will leave the ESL to sign to play under Dean Pay?
Yeah that’s the $64 question. Can he convince quality players to sign without paying overs?

I think we’re stuck with him until the end of next year at least.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I agree. The board needs time to get this all sorted out. Jumping the gun will just put us further back, and sacking the board for a different one in February will push is way way back.
I'm sure the board has a goal and a plan moving forward, and just because we dont understand it, it doesnt mean they dont.
I'm disappointed Holbrook will coach the tits next year, and yes we have missed out on a few players of late, but we need to own the mess we are in, and it's obvious that we are not a desirable place for players or coaches to want to come. However, I'm sure this will change, and unfortunately, as supporters we need to just ride this one out and be patient.
The one thing I can see the board genuinely fixing is our junior development and pathways programs. This is vitally important to a successful club, it is its foundation. We need to get this right and then build on it. Success will come, just not as quickly as we all want.
Agree on the board staying to repair the mess, but if they don't get the right structure in place in the next 6months they will screw the 2021 season up . Coach , CEO and player signings have to be the right moves or 2021 will be the same old. We lack leadership , we need a CEO and a couple of veterans . The day we lost Ennis and Prichard before that , than Graham. These type of guys have to remain to build a club. Rant over. Ps I'm for sbw to have a stint for 2 yrs here , hate the bloke but he brings professionalism and winning mentality. Worth every cent to help fix us. Rant over

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. The board needs time to get this all sorted out. Jumping the gun will just put us further back, and sacking the board for a different one in February will push is way way back.
I'm sure the board has a goal and a plan moving forward, and just because we dont understand it, it doesnt mean they dont.
I'm disappointed Holbrook will coach the tits next year, and yes we have missed out on a few players of late, but we need to own the mess we are in, and it's obvious that we are not a desirable place for players or coaches to want to come. However, I'm sure this will change, and unfortunately, as supporters we need to just ride this one out and be patient.
The one thing I can see the board genuinely fixing is our junior development and pathways programs. This is vitally important to a successful club, it is its foundation. We need to get this right and then build on it. Success will come, just not as quickly as we all want.
You think the Roosters and Storm have great junior set ups? I don’t disagree that’s great to have a talent pool but our best will be cherry picked for elsewhere before they see first grade I’m afraid
The ‘plan’ that keeps being referred to us flawed.
NRL is not a nursery, club should be developing in the big end of town and thinking ‘big’ the juniors and country leagues we seem fixated on are definitely not the way to make us great again

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need an affiliation with a Qld Intrust Cup team and their junior and feeder clubs.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
why is holbrook so good? an 80% win rate in the UK... surely cant just be his coaching can it?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree on the board staying to repair the mess, but if they don't get the right structure in place in the next 6months they will screw the 2021 season up . Coach , CEO and player signings have to be the right moves or 2021 will be the same old. We lack leadership , we need a CEO and a couple of veterans . The day we lost Ennis and Prichard before that , than Graham. These type of guys have to remain to build a club. Rant over. Ps I'm for sbw to have a stint for 2 yrs here , hate the bloke but he brings professionalism and winning mentality. Worth every cent to help fix us. Rant over
Yeah I agree. Even in the SBW bit. Lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've thought for a while it would be good for SBW to end his career right where it started. While it doesn't make amends for what he did when he was younger it would help (maybe he can play for free :o) He would bring confidence and be a good role model these days for the younger players with his professionalism to traininganf playing. It helped the Roosters to a GF win.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've thought for a while it would be good for SBW to end his career right where it started. While it doesn't make amends for what he did when he was younger it would help (maybe he can play for free :o) He would bring confidence and be a good role model these days for the younger players with his professionalism to traininganf playing. It helped the Roosters to a GF win.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would give our club, us fans and himself a proper ending (closure) to the whole saga, it would also send a good message to the RL public about our club and would help attract players.
He is younger than a few of the current NRL stars, and I think that he would still be very competitive on the field for another few years,and I would be all for it.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if hill was over in uk and got the ball rolling someone up the chain has gone no not happening the titans got in there got him it’s a fuck up on our board proves how incompetent they are and how the fuck we gonna land big signings if they can’t run the front office if I was a player in my prime I wouldn’t come near this club as it stands we gonna lose our major sponsor cause they can’t deal with our office

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if hill was over in uk and got the ball rolling someone up the chain has gone no not happening the titans got in there got him it’s a fuck up on our board proves how incompetent they are and how the fuck we gonna land big signings if they can’t run the front office if I was a player in my prime I wouldn’t come near this club as it stands we gonna lose our major sponsor cause they can’t deal with our office
That was hard to read i ran out of breath!

Malla

Reaction score
I've only ever seen Cogger do one kick - bomb to RHS corner. Lethargic chase usually follows.
Cogger is dead set a waste of space. The wraps he gets sometimes is unbelievable. Literally couldnt run a bath let alone a footy side

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why does the OP think that Holbrook is some kind of saviour? He is untested at NRL level. If the board signed him and he failed to make the team work, no doubt everyone would be calling the board incompetent for signing an experienced NRL coach instead.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly who will want to play under pay, or Kevin Moore or Ben Anderson? I will tell you who..Nobody!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly who will want to play under pay, or Kevin Moore or Ben Anderson? I will tell you who..Nobody!
Yeh just like nobody wanted to go play for Brown at knights after he got back to back spoons for them in his first 2 years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeh just like nobody wanted to go play for Brown at knights after he got back to back spoons for them in his first 2 years.
I'm afraid that proves the point.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But Nathan Brown is a well known coach who has experience. Pay doesn't and clearly shows how he has no clue in terms of selections and tactics every week.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
But Nathan Brown is a well known coach who has experience. Pay doesn't and clearly shows how he has no clue in terms of selections and tactics every week.
Yeh Brown playing Ponga, one of the top fullbacks in the game, in the halves for the first part of the season was genius.