If Titans sign Holbrook I blame Dogs board for effing it up

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did Hill fly to England for then?
I dunno, I’m not Hill.
Holiday? Recruitment? Fact finding?
He went to coffs Harbor too, so is he recruiting the coffs comets head coach?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dunno, I’m not Hill.
Holiday? Recruitment? Fact finding?
He went to coffs Harbor too, so is he recruiting the coffs comets head coach?
Recruitment of who? Fact finding of what? That Pay will be coach til 2036? It was to talk to Holbrook but it fell through because the Andersons are sticking by Pay because we won two scrappy games in a row and now they're even more convinced that he's the next Bellamy.

I wish Hill was scouting the Comets head coach. Whoever it is would be a marked improvement on Pay.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To check out that English front rower I thought.
I'm sure it was a mixture of scouting players and talking to Holbrook. Now that Holbrook is at the Titans, watch for Thompson and other English players to potentially sign with them. Or Bennett or the Raiders will keep signing the Englishmen. Who will leave the ESL to sign to play under Dean Pay?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Recruitment of who? Fact finding of what? That Pay will be coach til 2036? It was to talk to Holbrook but it fell through because the Andersons are sticking by Pay because we won two scrappy games in a row and now they're even more convinced that he's the next Bellamy.

I wish Hill was scouting the Comets head coach. Whoever it is would be a marked improvement on Pay.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have the board come out and said they were looking for another coach? As far as I can tell they are still backing Pay. Everything else is just rumors on what fans want.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its ok to say Fuck in 2019 because the world is so fucked up and its in every bodies vocabulary anyway.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if Holbrook hasnt actually accepted the Titans deal and maybe waiting for a counter-offer from the Dogs.
Titans probably trying to twist his arm by leaking to media its a done deal to force him over hence why most contracts now days have a clause if the deal leaks then its off the table which probably hasnt been added.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we need to accept the reality that Dean Pay will be our coach for the rest of the year, and for 2020.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What did Hill fly to England for then?
To make sure Rhyse Martin was settling in to his new club and environment and to make sure he wasn't feeling home sick :grinning: It's all these personal touches that makes us The family club :tongueclosed:

Malla

Reaction score
Holbrook would have been a waste lol our coach is shit atm but is definitely not the issue, our issue is our playing roster.

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
I believe Holbrook delayed his decision on taking the Titans job even when under pressure from his UK club (who gave him a deadline) because he was hoping on a genuine offer from the Dogs as head coach. He's worked at the Dogs before so surely his preference would be to return to somewhere familiar in a role where he will be able to pick the roster very soon with bucket loads of cash to spend. If the Dogs board stuffed this up because they feel they owe Pay something or (even worse) if because they believe it will make them look stupid paying out Pay after they extended him earlier this year then they should hang their heads in shame. If they would rather f..k us than look silly they should all get the f..k out of the club.
Yes I feel sorry for Pay but he's been given plenty of opportunity to show what he's got and unfortunately he's got nothing. In the first game against Melbourne this year first half we attacked the correct side of the field and showed a weakness in the Storm defence scoring 2 tries and I started thinking gee Pay might be smart after all but then in the second half we attacked the other side of the field. If something is working why would you stop using it ? Second game against the Storm, Cogger kicks down the throat of Josh Addo Carr all f..king day. What a brilliant game plan / coach NOT.
Does Pay come across to you as being intelligent in any press conference he's ever held ?. No !. I very much doubt he would be capable of any master game plan. Happy to keep him as assistant coach. He sure isn't gonna get any head coach offers anywhere else in Australia anyway. If he wants to try the UK he's welcome.
I've only ever seen Cogger do one kick - bomb to RHS corner. Lethargic chase usually follows.