(Poll)Will you tune in next season if pay is coach?

Will you tune in next season, if pay is coach?

• Yes

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Hell no

Votes: 53 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And on Pay, there is no dislike whatsoever from me. That doesn’t mean I don’t want him gone, but it’s not his fault he was given an offer to coach. As a human, I actually feel for the bloke, he is so out of his depth it’s really sad to see. If you guys want to blame someone just blame the Andersons for extending his deal
He applied for the job, he knew the roster he was buying into, let alone the salary cap mess. He was aiming high and his star is now burning, if not dead. No, I don't hate him either and I, too, feel for him as a human. But I'm not sorry for him. Where does pity get you?? Fact is, he aimed too high. Pay clearly wasn't ready to coach an NRL side. And what's that say about management and poor acumen? Or was this just another case of jobs for mates? Regardless, anyone who takes on coaching at the highest level better have a back up plan when things turn to shit, but Pay has, time and again, proven he's not in the same league. Which makes his pre-season promises of a top-8 finish all the more galling.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He applied for the job, he knew the roster he was buying into, let alone the salary cap mess. He was aiming high and his star is now burning, if not dead. No, I don't hate him either and I, too, feel for him as a human. But I'm not sorry for him. Where does pity get you?? Fact is, he aimed too high. Pay clearly wasn't ready to coach an NRL side. And what's that say about management and poor acumen? Or was this just another case of jobs for mates? Regardless, anyone who takes on coaching at the highest level better have a back up plan when things turn to shit, but Pay has, time and again, proven he's not in the same league. Which makes his pre-season promises of a top-8 finish all the more galling.
When did Pay or anyone from the club "promise" a top 8 finish?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean Pay first press conference in September 2017 (that last line though hahaha)

"The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I'm looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud."

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the attendance at games shows you what the fans think of this team right now

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will say it again, if you want to blame someone then blame those who gave him a 1 year extension. Pay didn’t put a gun to their heads to make them give him an extension.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is that right? I can scroll up in this very thread just slightly and you can be seen savaging someone.

Keyboard warrior
Yeah, what's your point? The dickhead was putting down other supporters so I gave it him.

Need 2 tissues now?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I willl always support the team, but might do what I've done recently and wait until after the game, then deciding to watch the full replay or just suffer the highlights.
Replacing Pay won't be the solution without a roster that can prove itself on field - and that takes more than a coach. Tearing up contracts for non performance does wonders.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
guys ya gotta support your team in good and bad otherwise ya not a true supporter just a fair weather supporter, it looks bleak i know but guys we are the bulldogs fire up get behind the team, even if it is coached by someone you may or may not like, its what we have. Doggies 4eva go the dogs. and if u answered no to this poll fuck off we dont need fair weather or part time supporters.
Although I dont agree with long time fans cutting up their memberships and not watching games just over a coaches dumb decisions, I can understand why they would do it. So neither you or I have the right to judge other fans just because they have different views on how things should be done, just as they dont have the right.

So be it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Wild Turkey is thankfully starting to kick in...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing will change until pay is gone it is that simple, some of you can deny it all you want, but this is the cold hard truth and as long as he remains we will be wooden spooners, we will not improve and we will barely attract any good talent

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although I dont agree with long time fans cutting up their memberships and not watching games just over a coaches dumb decisions, I can understand why they would do it. So neither you or I have the right to judge other fans just because they have different views on how things should be done, just as they dont have the right.

So be it.
Sometimes it takes certain actions to force change, it doesn’t mean you don’t love the club
It just means your sick and tired of the bullshit because you care enough about the club
We haven’t only been shit for 1 year we’ve been shit for the past 6 years tbh

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes certain actions to force change, it doesn’t mean you don’t love the club
It just means your sick and tired of the bullshit because you care enough about the club
We haven’t only been shit for 1 year we’ve been shit for the past 6 years tbh
Agreed we're going backwards and Pay isn't the one to take us to a top 4 (nor the players for that matter) but harping on about it creating the same threads and posts all over the joint, is quite tiresome dude.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed we're going backwards and Pay isn't the one to take us to a top 4 (nor the players for that matter) but harping on about it creating the same threads and posts all over the joint, is quite tiresome dude.
Took the words straight out of my mouth.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree totally,always happy to ring us at the beginning of the year to take our money,but they won't listen to us when we have something to say,as a long time member,I have already let them know,through email of my position,&dissatisfaction with the current situation at our beloved club,.
Contact and details please.

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mr I has disappeared. Horse alluded to it in an earlier post.

I have been locked out of the Topic I created. I don't have permission to Reply.

Mods, anyone care to explain.
I just had a look at the kennels moderator list, and invisible is not on it.

Must be having a sook now along with the bloke who made this thread up.

I've been lurking for a while and invisible was constantly out of control and abused his moderator function button when agendas did not suit his narratives.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
People on here make it as if we’ve been shit for like 1 season only, we’ve been shit for like 6 years now
I see the mediocrity has sunk in
Exactly, it takes a toll. All we want is for us to be competitive again like we used to be many moons ago.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
guys ya gotta support your team in good and bad otherwise ya not a true supporter just a fair weather supporter, it looks bleak i know but guys we are the bulldogs fire up get behind the team, even if it is coached by someone you may or may not like, its what we have. Doggies 4eva go the dogs. and if u answered no to this poll fuck off we dont need fair weather or part time supporters.
Well put.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well it is a fuckn forum

Status
Not open for further replies.