News Justin Holbrook set be be announced as gold Coast titans coach

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that much of a surprise as the Titans don't have a coach we do.

Pay isn't acting or talking like he's been told he won't be at the club in 2020.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that much of a surprise as the Titans don't have a coach we do.

Pay isn't acting or talking like he's been told he won't be at the club in 2020.
He'll be here mate, rest assured.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you know he’s a decent coach when he hasn’t coached at nrl level before
His record speaks for itself in lower grades and in the super league.

Just because he hasn't coached in the NRL doesn't mean a thing, he still has plenty of coaching experience

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never rated him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another let down. More disappointment and more #payout..!!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brennan was ultimately let down by his Penrith bias. None of the guys he brought over with him lived up to their pay cheque. If Holbrook can’t get the best out of Ash Taylor he won’t fare much better.
Luckily for us the Titans wouldn’t have room for Luke Thompson so I hope we are at least still trying to bring him over.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm not concerned because he hasn't coached at NRL level. I'm concerned that this guy is going to coach the team coming last, in a city that has never been an NRL power house and likely never will be. They've had teams in the NBL and A-League that have flopped, and teams coming last in BOTH AFL and NRL. The Gold Coast is NOT a sports city... it's a tourist strip.

That
is my concern for Hollbrook.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not concerned because he hasn't coached at NRL level. I'm concerned that this guy is going to coach the team coming last, in a city that has never been an NRL power house and likely never will be. They've had teams in the NBL and A-League that have flopped, and teams coming last in BOTH AFL and NRL. The Gold Coast is NOT a sports city... it's a tourist strip.

That
is my concern for Hollbrook.
It'll be interesting to see how he goes and whether he has a fresh approach and coaching ideas.

If so, another set back, and. what if, if only, for us Dogs fans :/

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how he goes and whether he has a fresh approach and coaching ideas.

If so, another set back, and. what if, if only, for us Dogs fans :/
Hollbrook may very well be a good coach but he's going to need to be on top of his game if he's to turn the cellar-dwellers of this competition into a power house. They, like us, just seem completely disinterested. The only difference is that Bulldogs fans are simply more passionate, and we're a club with a proud, rich history.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His record speaks for itself in lower grades and in the super league.

Just because he hasn't coached in the NRL doesn't mean a thing, he still has plenty of coaching experience
So did dean pay and look how that’s turned out Coaching nrl standard is the best there is in rugby league.

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/gold-c...il-gould/5cb68ebc-ea6c-4ca3-9ff4-190bb0c4f407
Phil Gould's warning over Walters, Holbrook after Titans coaching decision
By Tim Elbra
3 hours ago
Titans call bad news for Walters: Gus
Kevin Walters will struggle to ever get an NRL coaching job after missing out on the Gold Coast Titans role, legendary coach Phil Gould says.

Gould also branded the appointment of Justin Holbrook a "huge, huge gamble", given that the current Super League mentor has never been an NRL head coach and the Titans are fighting for survival.

"Big ask for Holbrook. I knew Justin Holbrook back in the day: he had his last year playing for the Roosters, when I was the coaching director there. Lovely kid," Gould said on 100% Footy.

"He's had good success in the lower grade football, coaching at various clubs. He's gone across to St Helens, he's got a good winning percentage; he hasn't won any premierships or competitions yet. He's very highly regarded over there.

"But this is a massive ask. For a rookie coach who's never coached in the NRL, to go to the Gold Coast, where nothing works, and sell the game to sponsors, to corporates, to people, to fans.

"At least Kevvie's a Queenslander, and he's got that drawing power."

Queensland coach Kevin Walters. (AAP)
Walters repeatedly distanced himself from the Titans job, insisting that he would remain Queensland State of Origin coach and a Fox Sports commentator.

However, it's been reported that he wanted to be approached outright to become Gold Coast coach, rather than going through an interview process; having been burned by such a process at Brisbane last year when he lost out Anthony Seibold. His strong relationship with Mal Meninga, the Titans' head of performance and culture, was touted as another reason that Walters may get the Gold Coast job.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
#YAWN..!!!!

As much as I respect gus and his opinions, the only thing I want to hear about coaches on here is the news that we have a new one !!