Opinion Who do you want to be Coach for Bulldogs FG in 2020?

Coach you would like for 2020

• Total voters

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bring in Flanno... he's a ruthless cant....

He has a win at all cost mentality
I would have preferred less baggage with Holbrook and don't like Flanagan at all but at this point he's the only available coach you'd have faith in.

Still, I don't want to endure one more painful season of a Pay coached and recruited team bottom 4 team. If Flanagan is their target then we can't wait til then. Show some balls for once and pressure the NRL to make it happen now...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have preferred less baggage with Holbrook and don't like Flanagan at all but at this point he's the only available coach you'd have faith in.

Still, I don't want to endure one more painful season of a Pay coached and recruited team bottom 4 team. If Flanagan is their target then we can't wait til then. Show some balls for once and pressure the NRL to make it happen now...
Bloody oath. Can’t wait .. we don’t deserve another year of this utter crap and mediocre shit !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

If Flanagan takes over our squad as is with pretty much no changes for next season, there is a very good chance we're still bottom 4. He'll do better then what Pay can do tho just based on past coaching experience, reputation and ability. I don't see us getting a top coach until 2021 tho.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing funny about it. The biggest dud decision to sack des
OMG were you living under a rock for Haslers last 2 years with us? So all the commentators criticism of how awful we played at that time, all the references to us playing Des ball which entailed endless hitup after endless hit up and endlessly dying with the ball on the 5th tackle without troubling the defence. As a fan that attends most games we ply in Sydney id much rather watch the current side than endless reruns of Desball.We might run last this year but id still prefer we run last and have a go as we are doing than play Desball.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If this Board couldn't seize the moment and go after Holbrook cos they are too desperate to preserve their reputations of not sacking a coach and too nice and pc to shake up our current status quo, then I seriously doubt they would even remotely consider Flanaghan to lead the team.

In 10 years when Deano good ol boy decides to retire, then we'll get another mediocre wannabe nice guy who wants to have a go at coaching in fg that is not too challenging to the Boards decisions of steady as she goes. Life's good when you don't rock the boat.

We are coasters now.

There's no cutting edge. No thinking big or bold vision at this Club anymore.

All in the past.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This threat is now redundant as Dean Pay will be the club’s head coach in 2020.

Also, he will continue to select Meaney and Cogger in 1st grade and Jackson will never be selected at lock.

Banned
Reaction score
At this point, give Gus a go for a year or two, FFS!
Urgh, feel dirty even suggesting him, yet what other option beyond Flanno is there that might, just might afford the club a fighting chance in the future?
A league know it all like @Horse perhaps?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan’s the man trust me
Mr Peptides. No dont think so. Was great to see the joy on Pays face after our gritty performance to down Panthers. Dean been under a bit of pressure lately but the squad responded brilliantly to Pays masterful game plan especially in defence. The Panthers didnt make many breaks all game. We held a good line in D...we watched Maloneys runners closely , nobody sprinted up out of the line to collect nobody, and the goal line D desperation made all Bulldog supporters proud.
Coach Pays game plan needs to be commended. He will do me for Coach in 2020.