AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck is this board acting like it’s so hard to sack him
Bloke is on like $2 fucking pay him out, we don’t owe him anything

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay seems pretty relaxed. In fact he has openly admitted the dogs can’t win their matches until the 2021 seasons n. The season when he is no less ne’er coach. So in his own opinion they won’t win whilst he is the coach.

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Source is hot and fiery.

The contract extension is based on performance clauses for this year. If the club decided to terminate Pay's contract at the end of this year in line with the performance clauses, the club would not have to pay him out (2020 salary)

They are chasing after a new coach. I do not know which coach though.

As i have been made aware of Pay's contract clause only last week, my theory is that the club is after a coach who needs permission to come back in. Now whether he is allowed back, and whether it is in 2020 or 2021, that will decide Pay's future.

Pay was re-signed for only 1 year to stop the vultures (media) from hammering the club after only a few weeks and derailing our season (not that the derailing mattered now). Though, as mentioned there are performance clauses and i think they will not be met.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1990 - Current list

Chris Anderson 1990 - 1997 winning percentage 61% Quit to coach Storm

Steve Folks 1998 - 2008 winning percentage 56.1% Sacked or contract not renewed.

Kevin Moore 2009 - 2011 winning Percentage 53% Sacked

Moore was sacked midway through the 2011 season after the club underachieved in the ensuing two years, failing to make the finals in either 2010 or 2011.

Jim Dymock 2011 winning Percentage 62.5%

Never given a real shot.

Des Hasler 2012 - 2017 winning percentage 56.8% Sacked

We all know why he was sacked

Dean Pay 2018 - current winning percentage 36.7%

Every coach appointed by the club since 1978 (Ted Glossop, Warren Ryan, Phil Gould, Chris Anderson and Folkes) has won a premiership.

Besides Haslers success, although at the expense of our salary cap we’ve done very little since Folkes. It’s time to find a new coach and bring back a winning culture.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m no fan of Pay but stacking him up against former premiership winning coaches is ridiculous considering the circumstances he has had. You just can’t click your fingers and get a winning culture.

The rest of this season will tell us a lot about Pay and under no circumstances should he be re-signed until the end of the year then reassess everything.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay should have been turfed out last year.
It doesnt really matter how much he has left , this season is written off in my opinion.
Of course the excuses will come thick and fast...... that he hasn’t got a decent roster etc etc blah blah .
How about all the coaches around the world in numerous codes who take not so flash rosters yet you see improvements in some players .
No player has improved under Pay in the time he has coached us, in fact players have regressed under him.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Until the end of 2021 unless he takes us into the finals (in 2021, he just needs to avoid the wooden spoon for 2020). If a top coach became available we should be ruthless and go for him (regardless if it's for next year or the year after). I'd take Flanagan for 2022.

Last edited:

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sack him, at least not whilst he has the support of the players, as it creates drama/instability which we don’t need, and there’s a lack of suitable replacements. However I’d tap him on the shoulder mid season and tell him he won’t be required for 2021 and it’s up to him if stays on or walks.
He’s clearly passionate about the club, he’s working hard and from all reports is an honorable man. However, the team hasn’t improved at all, and I doubt he has the tactical nouse to take us forward. Listening to him in press conferences and interviews doesn’t instill any confidence in me, and perhaps that’s also the case with the players.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sack him, at least not whilst he has the support of the players, as it creates drama/instability which we don’t need, and there’s a lack of suitable replacements. However I’d tap him on the shoulder mid season and tell him he won’t be required for 2021 and it’s up to him if stays on or walks.
He’s clearly passionate about the club, he’s working hard and from all reports is an honorable man. However, the team hasn’t improved at all, and I doubt he has the tactical nouse to take us forward. Listening to him in press conferences and interviews doesn’t instill any confidence in me, and perhaps that’s also the case with the players.
That's exactly what happen to Kevin Moore in 2011 - tap on the shoulder and he elected to walk immediately - hence Dymock for the balance of the season and to put some context into Dymock's 62.5% win rate - it was 8 games (5-3).

Status
Not open for further replies.