Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Andrew Hill met the Queen to discuss why the bulldogs are behaving soft like her corgies, then his trip to the UK was another recruitment failure.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s what I think will happen. “Family club” remember...as in keep it in the family when it comes to the Moore’s/Anderson’s .
It may have worked for us 30 years ago with Chris Anderson and Folksey but the game has evolved since then .
Dark days ahead for our club. I hope I’m wrong.
If this is true and eventuates... then I hope everyone likes the sound of Perth Bulldogs or West Coast Bulldogs as it will be a real possibility

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m saying your deflecting about the fact there is 0 that you have provided as to why we should trust pay with 8mil.

Why he deserves it with what he has shown and provided. Not a single thing has been listed as to why.

That’s why I said deflecting as all you have done is blamed our cap.

I’m not questioning our cap. Nor its issues previously.

Though the coach and what he has done. He lost the best prop in the game (not all his fault obviously issues prior to his arrival) though he chose to sign Napa, terrible move and waste of $.

You list Meaney as should be 1 or 6 though he isn’t either. Coaching selection issue? Poor recruitment?

Not disputed him playing pets and not developing or improving anyone. Nor the fact we have 0 game plan and haven’t adjusted/improved in anyway shape or form.

Your entitled to your opinion and views. Though your not providing anything other than the cap was bad so he deserves a chance.

So we give him a chance to recruit more Napa’s, Crichton’s, meaneys, coggers?

Recruit chn to drop him every second week? Who despite any issues is light years ahead of Elliott who has been given so many minutes and week in week out despite continual trash performances.

No thank you.
We'll have to agree to disagree otherwise we'll be here all night.

Nothing wrong with difference of opinion, and I respect the way you've debated and approached mine.

This has really just spiralled out of control on here in a self inflicted manner. I maintained for weeks now that it was a beat up and even offered an agreement with another member that I would accept a ban if Holbrook signed with us.

It's official now, and it's time to accept it and move on.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
very tough for the board to sack pay when they came out and crucified the previous board for doing the same with des. They have said from the beginning that we were in a bad position and it would take years to rebuild so i dont see why so many expect our team to be able to compete for a top 8 spot with the roster we have. To be honest we have probably exceeded what i thought we would be able to do, we have been flogged a few times but have also been in many games right until the final hooter against the top sides. I respect them in allowing dean to see out his contract but i do agree it was a rush of blood in resigning him this year. On the other hand shouldnt he be able to be judged when he is able to recruit quality players and build a team without having the absurd salary cap restrictions he has now? DWZ and CHN are good pickups and i think stimson will be too. Yes i wouldve loved to have holbrook on board but either way the board is going to look bad. Its tough for all of us to watch the club as we arent used to being on the bottom for long periods of time but if you take the emotion out of it and look at the facts even holbrook would struggle to get anything out of our roster. If you put 1-2 matchwinners in your side like a munster, smith, cronk, tedesco ect then we could be a whole different side. Shame we have to wait until 2021 for that to happen but that was said from the beginning
A lot of people myself included felt Holbrook could also bring some top talent across with him from England. We have doubts about Pays ability to attract high quality signings, seemingly this has been true so far since the best signings DWZ and CHN were some what fortuitous. I guess time will tell now and Pay will have some serious dollars to spend soon. Also a lot of people are questioning some of Pays coaching decisions and tactics where as Holbrook seems to have innovative ideas and proven ability albeit in reserve grade and England, Pay doesn’t have as much behind him... If we start winning more then we lose no one will be complaining whoever the coach is but atm it’s not happening sadly.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree otherwise we'll be here all night.

Nothing wrong with difference of opinion, and I respect the way you've debated and approached mine.

This has really just spiralled out of control on here in a self inflicted manner. I maintained for weeks now that it was a beat up and even offered an agreement with another member that I would accept a ban if Holbrook signed with us.

It's official now, and it's time to accept it and move on.
I can understand your comment. Though just to be clear, you haven’t disputed or provided one single thing to be “pro pay” so I wouldn’t be popping a bottle of champagne unless you wish to celebrate the fact we are 2nd last.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have any actual proof that the Andersons fucked this up?
I'm not sure what's worse:
a) them potentially fucking this deal up.
b) not even attempting to talk to another coach in the first place.

If we never spoke to the bloke.. gees... hello vote of no confidence my old friend.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people myself included felt Holbrook could also bring some top talent across with him from England. We have doubts about Pays ability to attract high quality signings, seemingly this has been true so far since the best signings DWZ and CHN were some what fortuitous. I guess time will tell now and Pay will have some serious dollars to spend soon. Also a lot of people are questioning some of Pays coaching decisions and tactics where as Holbrook seems to have innovative ideas and proven ability albeit in reserve grade and England, Pay doesn’t have as much behind him... If we start winning more then we lose no one will be complaining whoever the coach is but atm it’s not happening sadly.
im the same, wouldve been nice to snare holbrook and possibly thompson but i can still understand why nothing was done. I suppose we will have to wait and see if we spend our money wisely when we have it spare. In my opinion DWZ and CHN are both good signings considering our cap but napa has been shithouse so far. If we waste our chances with the war chest we're going to have then ill be livid

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never underestimate people power, if we don’t turn up, and don’t buy what there selling, MAJOR changes will be made I can guarantee it 100%
power of the people is stronger than people in power always remember this, I love my club and I will do what’s necessary to get to where we should be

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson sang " I never promised you a rose garden".....oh the irony
My question here. someone said she was at the titans previously. Ironic she goes and titans are now pulling their shit together and saying shape up or fuck off for the new time ahead while we are accepting garbage!?