Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Shit, didn't hear that

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet again there is not a single thing that he has accomplished in why we should have faith or why we should trust him with 8+ mil!?

I understand the cap was farked.

This inexperienced nonsense is just that.

There is plenty of experience Dwz, hoppa, Foran, tolman; Napa, lichaa, Jackson, Chn.

There are plenty of kids that came through other clubs and have improved and developing.

His recruitment has been below average and as mentioned the players he’s recruited are either dropped (Crichton) in and out of squad being dropped (chn) out of position (Meaney) or proving to be crap or average at best (Napa, cogger, priest)

He has played pets as we have said and that’s not disputed either. I’m literally being real with you here. The only comment you have had as a “pro” is he deserves a chance. Yet we haven’t seen a reply as to why.

More deflections onto the previous board, while no positives listed for the coach or our new board.
Mate all I'm stating is the reality as I see and understand it.

Re: recruitment - with very little resources currently available, I'd say he's done alright. DWZ and CHN are great snags albeit in somewhat opportunistic circumstances. The rest were reserve graders/fringe first graders from other clubs. Cogger I believe will develop into a high quality first grade half for us. Meaney's future is at #1 or #6, yet I'm content with him on the wing over Okunbor.

What you refer to as a 'deflection' is in fact a reality acknowledged by literally everyone involved in the game. Administrators, media, you name it. They all acknowledge the extent of the mess that previous mob left the club in. It's a reality, and we will recover from it in due season.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is fucked. The only positive point is that Holbrook will be a free agent in a few years when another GC coach bites the dust but not sure I’ll be around to witness the diabolical years of Pay at the helm in between. FMD what a joke we still have this clown in charge

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm not going to get into a personal battle. Our squad is bad but part of that is because of some of the signings Pay and the Andersons have made.. Anyway, we all want the club to do well. I think Holbrook is more proven than a rookie. Hopefully Flanagan is somehow signed for next year (despite my dislike for him) because if Pay remains we'll be stuck near the bottom of the table.

I'm not going to attack you or anyone else for thinking otherwise. Just understand that people are venting because they love the club and there's more uncertainty now than ever as to how and when we'll be successful again.
I understand your frustrations.

What pisses me off and makes me salty is players we lost and players we rejected

Finucane
Cook
Rona
Tapau
Graham
Latrell Mitchell

2012 & 2014 we made it to the GF and have pretty much lost all of our good players.

When you look at teams since 2012 - Storm, Roosters and Souths, they have always been in the "mix" and they have kept most of their good players and if they lost players they either recruited well and/or promoted well.

Look at the players which have filtered through since 2012 up till now at the Storm, Roosters & Rabbits and than look at our squads.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mate all I'm stating is the reality as I see and understand it.

Re: recruitment - with very little resources currently available, I'd say he's done alright. DWZ and CHN are great snags albeit in somewhat opportunistic circumstances. The rest were reserve graders/fringe first graders from other clubs. Cogger I believe will develop into a high quality first grade half for us. Meaney's future is at #1 or #6, yet I'm content with him on the wing over Okunbor.

What you refer to as a 'deflection' is in fact a reality acknowledged by literally everyone involved in the game. Administrators, media, you name it. They all acknowledge the extent of the mess that previous mob left the club in. It's a reality, and we will recover from it in due season.
I’m saying your deflecting about the fact there is 0 that you have provided as to why we should trust pay with 8mil.

Why he deserves it with what he has shown and provided. Not a single thing has been listed as to why.

That’s why I said deflecting as all you have done is blamed our cap.

I’m not questioning our cap. Nor its issues previously.

Though the coach and what he has done. He lost the best prop in the game (not all his fault obviously issues prior to his arrival) though he chose to sign Napa, terrible move and waste of $.

You list Meaney as should be 1 or 6 though he isn’t either. Coaching selection issue? Poor recruitment?

Not disputed him playing pets and not developing or improving anyone. Nor the fact we have 0 game plan and haven’t adjusted/improved in anyway shape or form.

Your entitled to your opinion and views. Though your not providing anything other than the cap was bad so he deserves a chance.

So we give him a chance to recruit more Napa’s, Crichton’s, meaneys, coggers?

Recruit chn to drop him every second week? Who despite any issues is light years ahead of Elliott who has been given so many minutes and week in week out despite continual trash performances.

No thank you.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very tough for the board to sack pay when they came out and crucified the previous board for doing the same with des. They have said from the beginning that we were in a bad position and it would take years to rebuild so i dont see why so many expect our team to be able to compete for a top 8 spot with the roster we have. To be honest we have probably exceeded what i thought we would be able to do, we have been flogged a few times but have also been in many games right until the final hooter against the top sides. I respect them in allowing dean to see out his contract but i do agree it was a rush of blood in resigning him this year. On the other hand shouldnt he be able to be judged when he is able to recruit quality players and build a team without having the absurd salary cap restrictions he has now? DWZ and CHN are good pickups and i think stimson will be too. Yes i wouldve loved to have holbrook on board but either way the board is going to look bad. Its tough for all of us to watch the club as we arent used to being on the bottom for long periods of time but if you take the emotion out of it and look at the facts even holbrook would struggle to get anything out of our roster. If you put 1-2 matchwinners in your side like a munster, smith, cronk, tedesco ect then we could be a whole different side. Shame we have to wait until 2021 for that to happen but that was said from the beginning

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well there goes our only chance of dodging the spoon next year

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
very tough for the board to sack pay when they came out and crucified the previous board for doing the same with des. They have said from the beginning that we were in a bad position and it would take years to rebuild so i dont see why so many expect our team to be able to compete for a top 8 spot with the roster we have. To be honest we have probably exceeded what i thought we would be able to do, we have been flogged a few times but have also been in many games right until the final hooter against the top sides. I respect them in allowing dean to see out his contract but i do agree it was a rush of blood in resigning him this year. On the other hand shouldnt he be able to be judged when he is able to recruit quality players and build a team without having the absurd salary cap restrictions he has now? DWZ and CHN are good pickups and i think stimson will be too. Yes i wouldve loved to have holbrook on board but either way the board is going to look bad. Its tough for all of us to watch the club as we arent used to being on the bottom for long periods of time but if you take the emotion out of it and look at the facts even holbrook would struggle to get anything out of our roster. If you put 1-2 matchwinners in your side like a munster, smith, cronk, tedesco ect then we could be a whole different side. Shame we have to wait until 2021 for that to happen but that was said from the beginning
Well the board should look bad trying to fix things instead of sitting on there hands.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To make matters worse St. Helens fans seem to think that luke Thompson will follow him
Fuck Andersons

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I doubt we even sounded him out. The board is happy with Pay, so I guess we just need to put up with it for another year.