Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still reckon the stage is set for Kevin Moore and Ben Anderson to return.

Nothing at the club appears to be being done without anything but self interest at the moment.
Unfortunately that’s what I think will happen. “Family club” remember...as in keep it in the family when it comes to the Moore’s/Anderson’s .
It may have worked for us 30 years ago with Chris Anderson and Folksey but the game has evolved since then .
Dark days ahead for our club. I hope I’m wrong.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And as always - I will give you an adult response in return.

You know my position on things, and I fear I'm repeating myself - but I'll succinctly repeat my prior comments. And the following elements are my reasons (and this Board's reasoning) for why Dean deserves more time;

- He has inherited a grossly mismanaged cap/squad.
- The writing was on the walls, and the message was spread loud and clear from the Board last year - that the state of the roster (which impacts results) would be worse this year, than what it was last year. We knew this year was going to be an immense struggle. Every expert knew it. We're currently sitting higher than where everyone expected us to be. Not that it's a huge achievement. But it's worth noting.
- I have no issue with bench rotations. The chopping and changing I can deal with whilst players are putting in ordinary performances which they are. We've got a group with a short window to determine who is good enough to be on our books beyond 2020, and which positions they are best suited to. With minimal expectancy regarding results - why not look at finding the best combinations with a view to the future.
- No one from our fringe crop has come into the First Grade team and put in performances worthy of persisting with.
- Mass changes are coming, money to be splashed on players who can make a difference is coming. IMO Pay deserves the opportunity to show what he can do with a proper roster.
- Stability is what this club needs. Chopping and changing coach and board any further will not fix our current issues.
- Overall - I'm realistic about the current situation our club is in since the end of 2017. And that guides my beliefs and backings.
Wow break out the champagne

Derp Pay
Go Flogs

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to stop signing front rowers and get some backline players for next year to make a fair attempt at it

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We can now officially close this enthralling chapter in Kennel history.

Big thanks to the Rambling Ring Leader - @AlzzBulldog, and his fallen soldiers - @Scoooby @Nabsolutely Fabulous @ASSASSIN @KiwiDog7 @Kaz @Mr Invisible @086 @maroondog72 @The_Chimpster @Moey and co. Apologies to the many I've missed. Your baseless angry rants and misinformations regarding an unproven NRL coach who was never even approached by the club. It has all been incredibly entertaining.

Good luck with the change.org petitions, GoFundMe's and membership cancellations (for those who actually have one).

Kind Regards,

Horse & the Pay Stable.

#PayIN
#LongLiveTheAndersons

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
And as always - I will give you an adult response in return.

You know my position on things, and I fear I'm repeating myself - but I'll succinctly repeat my prior comments. And the following elements are my reasons (and this Board's reasoning) for why Dean deserves more time;

- He has inherited a grossly mismanaged cap/squad.
- The writing was on the walls, and the message was spread loud and clear from the Board last year - that the state of the roster (which impacts results) would be worse this year, than what it was last year. We knew this year was going to be an immense struggle. Every expert knew it. We're currently sitting higher than where everyone expected us to be. Not that it's a huge achievement. But it's worth noting.
- I have no issue with bench rotations. The chopping and changing I can deal with whilst players are putting in ordinary performances which they are. We've got a group with a short window to determine who is good enough to be on our books beyond 2020, and which positions they are best suited to. With minimal expectancy regarding results - why not look at finding the best combinations with a view to the future.
- No one from our fringe crop has come into the First Grade team and put in performances worthy of persisting with.
- Mass changes are coming, money to be splashed on players who can make a difference is coming. IMO Pay deserves the opportunity to show what he can do with a proper roster.
- Stability is what this club needs. Chopping and changing coach and board any further will not fix our current issues.
- Overall - I'm realistic about the current situation our club is in since the end of 2017. And that guides my beliefs and backings.
Now you have said that some things have been neglected or brushed over.

Pay playing favourites with blokes that deserve to be dropped or at least a lot less minutes?

The fact no one has developed.

No game plan and no improvement in anything or anyone in anyway shape or form.

Stability isn’t continually losing and further more if you where continually losing why haven’t you changed anything at all to show at least your attempting to alter this.

Pay with mass money has the potential to set us back for another decade. So far his recruitment has been diabolical. Not a single recruit has been worthy or delivered.

Napa is locked up on good money and is a flop. The panthers winger Crichton can’t even get a run. Meaney has regressed. Cogger is average at best. Word is he is after LEvi the closest rival to lichaa as worst hooker in the comp.

What’s next tolman and Elliott extended on million dollar deals?

You might not have an issue with the bench rotation though many many many fans haven raised this.

There is some seriously flawed logic too. We could say we will be last (not compete) for the next few years. When we sit second last it’s a positive? In what world?

It’s a contact sport. I’ve boxed for years and am not going to go into my personal life though you don’t go into a contact sport with the mind frame of you can’t win. You don’t have your corner telling you this. This is the most pathetic thing I’ve seen come up that we won’t be competitive for a couple seasons. The boys are paid to put their body on the line and bust their ass. Some aren’t the same calibre. Though to give this rubbish excuse not only should disgust fans but would completely destroy the players morale if any what so ever. They sure as shit won’t play for their coach.

The list goes on though essentially your only comment that has anything is pay deserves a chance with his own roster. Well i can’t say he does. He hasn’t shown anything at all to say he belongs in first grade as a coach. Name one single thing that says he has done to deserve that? Why should we put faith in him with our future and 8+ mil that could ruin us for another 3+ years? I can’t think of a single thing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I actually can't believe there are some idiots celebrating like something good has happened. Goodluck with that!
That’s what I’m confused about? Is it a beneficial interest somewhere for them as there is nothing to celebrate here?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m honestly not at all surprised, I think the chance to sack Pay was a few weeks ago then we won those 2 games and the club got cold feet sacking him. Then with Pay coming out saying hey I just need a few more DWZ players in different positions it felt like a weird thing to say almost begging the fans for patience.. I hope some new players do make all the difference...:.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was never in favour of Pay taking over from Hasler.

Giving a rookie coach a below average squad is very dangerous and more often than not does not pay off.

Holbrook is another untested rookie for the NRL. I do not care what his % strike rate is in the ESL.

You cannot compare the NRL to the ESL.

Trent Robinson was provided with a cracker squad and every year the squad gets better and better.

Paul Green was gifted a cracker squad and since JT retired the Cowboys have been below average.

We need an experienced hard head as coach and for me thats a Flanagan, Griffin or Toovey - no rookies
Could be wrong but i think apart from bennett no coach after 2005 has ever won a premiership after coaching another nrl club. The stats favour coaches with their 1st club.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing is, with Pay at the helm, we're not rebuilding, we're getting worse! 12th last year and 15th this year. How are we going to recruit top like talent with the $8 million for 2021 with Dean Pay as coach? Do you honestly have faith that will happen? That Origin players will love our horrible style of play, tactics, selections and rumours of him alienating the playing group and sign up in droves?

Do you think sponsors will be lining up when the on field performances are so bad and we have more of the same lined up for next season?
We lost both Morris brothers and Klemmer

What were you expecting results wise? Only experienced left was Hoppa, Tolman & Jackson.

You expected us to be better this year over last year after losing the Morris bros and Klemmer? Come on, be realistic

Parra recruited Ferguson and that one player has got them into the 8 after a few years of bottom dwelling. Last time they made the semis they had radradra.

Almost every teams roster has improved from last year except ours.

Spin it anyway you want, our squad is the worst squad in the NRL, by a country mile.

Almost every team in the comp has atleast one game breaker, and who is our game breaker?

Blokes carrying on like we lost out on a Bellamy or Bennett.

Holbrook was pure speculation on the kennel only

I'm not a fan of Pay, and im not a fan of replacing Pay with another rookie.

Pay should of never been the Hasler replacement.

This board re-signed Pay for 1 year only, and what viable options were available? Toovey? Griffin? Henry? Flanagan is banned.

And once again, kennel speculation with some toddlers throwing a temper tantrum and making shit up that Pay is this and that.

Club has come out and said they are after a Ponga/T.Turbo/L.Mitchell style of players. They have thrown it out there and let the games begin come Nov 1.

They have made it clear that they will not be beaten on price and we will see in November this year.

People have questioned, would Bellamy and Bennett do more with this squad than Pay? Would they? Fucken oath they would, they have how many years experience? How many comps have they won? As they say, tried and tested. They are best of the best

If we lost out on a top calibre coach like Bennett or Bellamy i would be salty like you blokes.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Big thanks to the Rambling Ring Leader - @AlzzBulldog, and his fallen soldiers - @Scoooby @Nabsolutely Fabulous @ASSASSIN @KiwiDog7 @Kaz @Mr Invisible @086 @maroondog72 @The_Chimpster @Moey and co. Apologies to the many I've missed. Your baseless angry rants and misinformations regarding an unproven NRL coach who was never even approached by the club. It has all been incredibly entertaining.

Good luck with the change.org petitions, GoFundMe's and membership cancellations (for those who actually have one).

Kind Regards,

Horse & the Pay Stable.

#PayIN
#LongLiveTheAndersons
Thanks Dean.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now you have said that some things have been neglected or brushed over.

Pay playing favourites with blokes that deserve to be dropped or at least a lot less minutes?

The fact no one has developed.

No game plan and no improvement in anything or anyone in anyway shape or form.

Stability isn’t continually losing and further more if you where continually losing why haven’t you changed anything at all to show at least your attempting to alter this.

Pay with mass money has the potential to set us back for another decade. So far his recruitment has been diabolical. Not a single recruit has been worthy or delivered.

Napa is locked up on good money and is a flop. The panthers winger Crichton can’t even get a run. Meaney has regressed. Cogger is average at best. Word is he is after LEvi the closest rival to lichaa as worst hooker in the comp.

What’s next tolman and Elliott extended on million dollar deals?

You might not have an issue with the bench rotation though many many many fans haven raised this.

There is some seriously flawed logic too. We could say we will be last (not compete) for the next few years. When we sit second last it’s a positive? In what world?

It’s a contact sport. I’ve boxed for years and am not going to go into my personal life though you don’t go into a contact sport with the mind frame of you can’t win. You don’t have your corner telling you this. This is the most pathetic thing I’ve seen come up that we won’t be competitive for a couple seasons. The boys are paid to put their body on the line and bust their ass. Some aren’t the same calibre. Though to give this rubbish excuse not only should disgust fans but would completely destroy the players morale if any what so ever. They sure as shit won’t play for their coach.

The list goes on though essentially your only comment that has anything is pay deserves a chance with his own roster. Well i can’t say he does. He hasn’t shown anything at all to say he belongs in first grade as a coach. Name one single thing that says he has done to deserve that? Why should we put faith in him with our future and 8+ mil that could ruin us for another 3+ years? I can’t think of a single thing.
In short - I'd compare our current situation to a mini version of the sort of lull that AFL clubs often go through after a 'Premiership window' period. It shouldn't happen with an NRL club. But it did due to the way the Hasler/Dib/Castle regime approached their reign. They grossly mismanaged our Cap in order to create a 'Premiership window' type situation between 2012-2015. It backfired spectacularly.

And now like an AFL Club after a Premiership window period, having had no high draft picks for years - we have a situation of having a roster with a few ageing players passed their prime, and a bunch of young, inexperienced players with plenty to learn, and difficulty in finding their way due to the lack of quality players around them and lack of experience amongst the group. It takes time. And time has ultimately been granted to Pay. Some AFL clubs have gone in excess of a decade without playing finals footy, or remotely challenging for a title. Imagine that. What we have is a mini version of this scenario.

Rest assured there is a plan in place. Tough calls were made in shedding some quality and experience last year, but it was the right call as they weren't worth the dollars on their contracts, not even close,

We will see the fruits of this plan in 2021. Stay patient.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Kind Regards,

Horse & the Pay Stable.

#PayIN
#LongLiveTheAndersons
Fuk I hope your missus swallows.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lost Klemmer but durp pay signed Napa on most of his $! Good work
That's a fair criticism that I'd agree with. But don't underestimate the power and level of input of Recruitment Managers.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never in doubt.

You morons did this to yourselves by pedalling this Holbrook to the Dogs nonsense when there was never any credible evidence to say that we even made an enquiry.

#PayIn

Crack open the champagne gentlemen.
Crack the champagne, free tickets, free piss and free chinese meals all year round.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Kind Regards,

Horse & the Pay Stable.

#PayIN
#LongLiveTheAndersons
on a serious note... are you just giving it back or do you seriously rate Pay as a good coach and person to lead us going forward?[/QUOTE]

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In short - I'd compare our current situation to a mini version of the sort of lull that AFL clubs often go through after a 'Premiership window' period. It shouldn't happen with an NRL club. But it did due to the way the Hasler/Dib/Castle regime approached their reign. They grossly mismanaged our Cap in order to create a 'Premiership window' type situation between 2012-2015. It backfired spectacularly.

And now like an AFL Club after a Premiership window period, with no high draft picks for years - we have a situation of having a roster with a few ageing players passed their prime, and a bunch of young, inexperienced players with plenty to learn, and difficulty in finding their way due to the lack of quality players around them and lack of experience amongst the group. It takes time. And time has ultimately been granted to Pay. Some AFL clubs have gone in excess of a decade without playing finals footy, or remotely challenging for a title. Imagine that. What we have is a mini version of this scenario.

Rest assured there is a plan in place. Tough calls were made in shedding some quality and experience last year, but it was the right call as they weren't worth the dollars on their contracts, not even close,

We will see the fruits of this plan in 2021. Stay patient.
Yet again there is not a single thing that he has accomplished in why we should have faith or why we should trust him with 8+ mil!?

I understand the cap was farked.

This inexperienced nonsense is just that.

There is plenty of experience Dwz, hoppa, Foran, tolman; Napa, lichaa, Jackson, Chn.

There are plenty of kids that came through other clubs and have improved and developing.

His recruitment has been below average and as mentioned the players he’s recruited are either dropped (Crichton) in and out of squad being dropped (chn) out of position (Meaney) or proving to be crap or average at best (Napa, cogger, priest)

He has played pets as we have said and that’s not disputed either. I’m literally being real with you here. The only comment you have had as a “pro” is he deserves a chance. Yet we haven’t seen a reply as to why.

More deflections onto the previous board, while no positives listed for the coach or our new board.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maninga was just quoted : "the players are on notice that a new era is coming. They can either lift to meet the standard required., or make way for someone that will "

Now that's a strong sign of leadership and commitment of change...

All we get from our board are excuses for underperforming and finger pointing at their predecessors...

We're fucked.