Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a shame we have to put up with this idiot board for another term. There is literally no one opposing them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just a fortnight ago week this was reported "intrigue continues to surround Holbrook. It’s understood his preference would be to coach at Canterbury, given the Gold Coast is fast gaining a reputation for ending first-grade coaching careers."

Let's be honest, it's a 50/50 guess with these journos. If they get it right they gloat, if they get it wrong everyone soon forgets as they start reporting some other bullshit.

Given the head start we had on securing a coach, if it does result in Holbrook to Titans, and Dogs missing out, then the board should stand down immediately for not operating in the best interests of the club and its members.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno these journos are throwing darts they had Walters signed on Friday. Just have to wait and see.
Depressing to think we have Pay for another year should the Titans get Holbrook.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine another year under this dud of a coach, faaaaaarkkkk this **** this board are full of imposters.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what the Anderson's are doing they're trying to give Dean a chance to build a team giving him an opportunity to recruit some players and prove he can coach. But to me and 90% of the bulldogs fans have seen what a coach he is, he's made many poor decisions and has not given the correct guidance to the playing squad. He doesn't have the tools to be a first grade coach. The team selection he's made are shocking.. We're happy to make him an assistant coach if dogs bring Holbrook as head coach or whoever that's better than what we have atm.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we miss Holbrook and Pay still coaches next year I think I will be taking a sabbatical

Yesterday I missed the game (most of it) as I was moving house

When I did quickly check I saw Teddy try then later B Moz try

Fk we have the worst board , coach and trainers since forever

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know what the Anderson's are doing they're trying to give Dean a chance to build a team giving him an opportunity to recruit some players and prove he can coach. But to me and 90% of the bulldogs fans have seen what a coach he is, he's made many poor decisions and has not given the correct guidance to the playing squad. He doesn't have the tools to be a first grade coach. The team selection he's made are shocking.. We're happy to make him an assistant coach if dogs bring Holbrook as head coach or whoever that's better than what we have atm.
If pay stays there will be no members signing up it will be a disaster surely they see this under no circumstances can pay be allowed to build his own team

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we miss Holbrook and Pay still coaches next year I think I will be taking a sabbatical

Yesterday I missed the game (most of it) as I was moving house

When I did quickly check I saw Teddy try then later B Moz try

Fk we have the worst board , coach and trainers since forever
I won’t watch next year if he stays Aswell and I imagine majority of the supporters think the same way

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If pay stays there will be no members signing up it will be a disaster surely they see this under no circumstances can pay be allowed to build his own team
Mate I agree I hope this board doesn't do the same mistake like former board did

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook has won the race for the Gold Coast coaching job, with David Furner and Tony Iro set to be his assistants.
An announcement is expected by the Titans tomorrow.
Holbrook has edged out Queensland State of Origin coach Kevin Walters for that position.
The former Knights, Panthers and Roosters playmaker has done a superb job with St Helens, steering them 10 points clear of the field this season.

Holbrook was a lower grade coach with several NRL clubs before getting his breakthrough at Saints in 2017.
He has gradually built the club into a powerhouse in Super League and they are unbackable favourites to take out the premiership in England.
Furner was sacked by English club Leeds after just 14 games this year but is an experienced coach who was head coach with Canberra for several seasons.
Iro has been with the Warriors for several seasons in a variety of roles including recruitment and as an assistant coach.Walters will now stay on in the Maroons job.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook has won the race for the Gold Coast coaching job, with David Furner and Tony Iro set to be his assistants.
Holbrook has edged out Queensland State of Origin coach Kevin Walters for that position.
The former Knights, Panthers and Roosters playmaker has done a superb job with St Helens, steering them 10 points clear of the field this season.

Holbrook was a lower grade coach with several NRL clubs before getting his breakthrough at Saints in 2017.
He has gradually built the club into a powerhouse in Super League and they are unbackable favourites to take out the premiership in England.
Furner was sacked by English club Leeds after just 14 games this year but is an experienced coach who was head coach with Canberra for several seasons.
Iro has been with the Warriors for several seasons in a variety of roles including recruitment and as an assistant coach.Walters will now stay on in the Maroons job.
Fuck the andersons fuck the board fuck pay fuck the whole club

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Holbrook has edged out Queensland State of Origin coach Kevin Walters for the position.

Absolute fucking bullshit....