Opinion 'The Board' Consolidated Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We all know you dislike for the new board. You were against them day 1. Now let's look at what you expected from them .
They started their control with a team who everyone said is not going to win us a gf. They added the worst signing in the history of league, a cripple on $1million a year . Signed a prop for 800k to a team that already was over the cap. They sacked their coach after signing him to a rich extension . Than this board chaired by a smart businessman gets the punt.
New board come in and get rid of 2 bad contracts . Both players on 800k. Extend the coach as blowing up a roster and having reserves standard players isn't attractive to another coach. The cap is still a mess, with players on stupid amounts from previous board .
The coach has no elite talent, no juniors because previous board neglected the roots of league. Tell me apart from Napa as a bad signing, we signed CHN who is our best forward and a bunch of kids with potential looking for a chance. There is plenty of dead wood here. One thing is to blow up a roster and give young juniors a go but we don't have any. The Anderson's know that, they put their jobs on the line to do knowing they can get the punt. But we needed this. Mbye woods foran could have been almost 2.85million in 3 average players. I honestly don't care who runs the joint, but i can't see what everyone expected with no cap , no players, no juniors . Add a bad coach and bad coaches we are doomed. Bullfrog style won't work in this day, coaches want more control and to get the best the Anderson's will have to get with the times. Don't start me with hill either, our club is rich to poach the best. Time to act like a rich prick and buy our way to some elite people.
Give us some names.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate more than 75% of members and fans have had enough of the Andersons. In regards to the habibs go back to watching fat pizza lol.
75% of Dibs cuzzins who make up a very small number of members overall, but are very vocal. That 75% number you have pulled out of your garlic paste gluteus maximus

Not into watching Maltese blokes acting as uneducated habibs, not my cup of tea when it comes to comedy. Only going back, is deporting them back to neverland.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Give us some names.
The club's who do recruiting and development the best. The storm , the sharks, the roosters have been the best recently . The sharks are primed for a raid on there development coaches, the best CEO is racing nsw guy . The club lacks leaders on and off the field.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm completely sick of the political nature of the club these days. The Andersons can't use Dib and Castle as an excuse anymore.

They've done a decent job of cleaning up the mess they inherited, but in signing Napa and re-signing Pay while not firing him yet or securing a replacement, then they still haven't proven that they are the ones to get us back to being a powerhouse. Now the pressure is firmly on them.

If they sign Holbrook and spend the cap space well, everyone will get behind them. If they keep Pay and waste the money on hacks like Napa, then we'll be in the same mess Dib, Hasler and Castle put us in and the Andersons will eventually suffer the same fate they did.

They have a great opportunity to prove that they are the right people to lead the club. For the sake of avoiding more turmoil and upheaval, hopefully they do that.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the board keeps Pay they should be gone no ifs not buts. It is as simple as that.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
75% of Dibs cuzzins who make up a very small number of members overall, but are very vocal. That 75% number you have pulled out of your garlic paste gluteus maximus

Not into watching Maltese blokes acting as uneducated habibs, not my cup of tea when it comes to comedy. Only going back, is deporting them back to neverland.
Na mate was one of the very first to support the andersons, and second of all you hypocrite you keep using the term habib, when you have the biggest habib on your avatar lmao.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a Sheens n Holbrook combo . We need teacher style coach for a transition period but Holbrook will be the main guy going forward . Take a punt on Holbrook long term and Sheens works our "academy".
There is a salary cap on the entire football department now. You simply can't afford to be paying two coaches.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a salary cap on the entire football department now. You simply can't afford to be paying two coaches.
Its not really a salary cap it's more of a tax in that they tax you 37% of the amount you go over. So if you really want to get rid of a coach you can.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A voluntary liquidation isn’t a failed business, in their situation it was probably a tax effective way to cease trading because their priorities are now the football club.
Board positions are not paid positions. The business was trading one day, and gone the next.

Whatever happened was VERY sudden, not a planned rundown/redundancy of staff, etc.
Vote 1 □ Anderson
What's the deal with your duplicate accounts? How friggin many do you have?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Board positions are not paid positions. The business was trading one day, and gone the next.

Whatever happened was VERY sudden, not a planned rundown/redundancy of staff, etc.
All money owing was paid in full though so unless you know the ins and outs of what happened it’s all speculation.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
All money owing was paid in full though so unless you know the ins and outs of what happened it’s all speculation.
According to Danny Wiedler. When it's worded like Danny did, it suggests employees. But they had a lot of subcontractors on the books, and reviews seem to suggest slow/lacking payments was a regular thing.

They also subbed out labour hire to another nose "close to the board".

There are creditor reports, and generally liquidators don't get involved unless creditors are owed money.

I could get the reports from ASIC for $17 - $35 each if I really wanted to.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a shame there are no vacant jobs in the football department.....oh wait a minute.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a shame there are no vacant jobs in the football department.....oh wait a minute.
It will be one or the other you can’t be employed by the club and sit on the board at the same time.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So there is going to be a review of the football department operations once a new General Manager of Football operations is appointed right?
And Dean Pay, Chris Anderson & Andrew Hill constitute the selection panel for the new General Manager of Football operations.

And then what the new GM recommends to the board that Dean Pay is sacked?
Does anyone else feel there a delaying tactic at play?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be one or the other you can’t be employed by the club and sit on the board at the same time.
yes I know that....but there is a brother and son hanging around looking for a job however and an existing board member who has put his hand up for the GM role.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

What's the deal with your duplicate accounts? How friggin many do you have?
You’re using Danny Weidler as a source which gives your version of events zero credibility, stick to the facts and if you don’t know them it’s nothing more than speculative opinion. I think both Lynne & Chris Anderson are honorable and successful people with a long list of substantial achievements, do I agree with all their decisions, no, but I wouldn’t make judgement on their ability to run a football club based on their involvement with an unrelated business which is in liquidation.