Not acceptable!

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How the hell can we accept this mediocrity of how far our club has fallen. Now Pay comes out and basically says to write off next year....really? This gives the players, the fans and everyone associated with the club the message that it's ok to lose...it's ok to just "compete".....it's ok to come last. Well it's not!! This way of thinking and acceptance is giving the the players and fans the mindset that it's ok to lose....it's ok as long as we compete...it's ok that our young players need time.....excuses excuses, all I am hearing is fricken excuses.

NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! We are the Bulldogs and we have been off the pace for years now and we are going backwards as a club. Once a powerhouse, now a laughing stock. Not acceptable!! I feel the board has failed us, the coach has failed us and the players have failed us but everybody is happy to accept that we are just mediocre. We need a coaching staff cleanout. What they are doing isn't getting results. We need a coach with a winning mentality who isn't going to accept that "close enough is good enough". We need a coach that isn't going to put up with players putting in crap performances. I don't care what players we have got. All these guys are getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, they are "professionals" so they can fricken turn up on match day and fricken bleed for the jersey. Our coach has failed us by not instilling that in the players.

Agreed we don't have as good a roster than alot of teams but I'm sick of using that as an excuse. I don't expect to be pushing for the top 8 this year but I don't expect to be coming 2nd last either. We should be building our team on grit, attitude, desire ....even if we don't have the talent at the moment. Build on those foundations and bring the talent in over the next couple of years to be contenders again. A winning mentality is needed and our present coach doesn't have that. We need a coach that does if things are to turn around. We we are now is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So, I'm guessing it's not acceptable?

Seriously though, I agree with pretty much everything you posted but these threads have been done to death

Reactions: DT

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, there was a time where we didn't try and play the salary cap and by play I mean go over 3m+. You'll be fine after 2021 buddy TRUST me. Just curious, which teams do you think have a worse roster then us? You did say you didn't expect us to come 2nd last.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pay needs to do the noble thing, fall on his sword and resign tomorrow.

Every week he stays on he kills us a bit more.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay needs to do the noble thing, fall on his sword and resign tomorrow.

Every week he stays on he kills us a bit more.
His attitude is killing us ALL. He's not a first grade coach he's an under 6's coach where "improvement" is the target.

He's killing the players, the club and the fans.. to the point of no return... I never thought I'd say this but he's worse than Hasler

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His attitude is killing us ALL. He's not a first grade coach he's an under 6's coach where "improvement" is the target.

He's killing the players, the club and the fans.. to the point of no return... I never thought I'd say this but he's worse than Hasler
He sounds like Ricky did when he was coaching the Eels and NSW, considering he was under Stuart its not surprising.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He sounds like Ricky did when he was coaching the Eels and NSW, considering he was under Stuart its not surprising.
Ricky Stuart was and still is all smoke n mirrors .. He's very lucky to have Ennis coaching the team while he takes the credit

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

If “improvement” was his goal for the season it could be time for a review lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How the hell can we accept this mediocrity of how far our club has fallen. Now Pay comes out and basically says to write off next year....really? This gives the players, the fans and everyone associated with the club the message that it's ok to lose...it's ok to just "compete".....it's ok to come last. Well it's not!! This way of thinking and acceptance is giving the the players and fans the mindset that it's ok to lose....it's ok as long as we compete...it's ok that our young players need time.....excuses excuses, all I am hearing is fricken excuses.

NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! We are the Bulldogs and we have been off the pace for years now and we are going backwards as a club. Once a powerhouse, now a laughing stock. Not acceptable!! I feel the board has failed us, the coach has failed us and the players have failed us but everybody is happy to accept that we are just mediocre. We need a coaching staff cleanout. What they are doing isn't getting results. We need a coach with a winning mentality who isn't going to accept that "close enough is good enough". We need a coach that isn't going to put up with players putting in crap performances. I don't care what players we have got. All these guys are getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, they are "professionals" so they can fricken turn up on match day and fricken bleed for the jersey. Our coach has failed us by not instilling that in the players.

Agreed we don't have as good a roster than alot of teams but I'm sick of using that as an excuse. I don't expect to be pushing for the top 8 this year but I don't expect to be coming 2nd last either. We should be building our team on grit, attitude, desire ....even if we don't have the talent at the moment. Build on those foundations and bring the talent in over the next couple of years to be contenders again. A winning mentality is needed and our present coach doesn't have that. We need a coach that does if things are to turn around. We we are now is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!
And cue Mr Ed

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're not going to get a lot of people disagreeing with you,but the only way to do this is by communicating,with our board through our CEO,and if the answers aren't forthcoming,hand your season tickets in,and telling them that u are no longer interested in signing up again,until such time our club takes notice of its members.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If pay has any bulldogs pride and enjoyed being apart of this club when it was great.. he needs to do the right thing by the club. and leave with some dignity and walk out the door himself..!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

The game is very different from when I was a lad. Back then, players had jobs, and the game was something they did on the weekends, and got paid if they were good enough to make first grade. There was a winning bonus as well. That was an incentive to bleed for the club, and earn a bit more money for the family, or save for the future.

Now, they get top dollar whether they play or not; and get to laze around all day when they're not at training. A professional team would make sure the young players had things to do off field that determined selection for grade - things like promotion and helping at local charities - attaining certain study levels, or any manner of disciplinary actions that get the mind set - hard work equals success.