• Lewis

• Cogger

• Wakeham

• My left nut

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Happy Monday you poor b*stards. Thought i'd focus in on what I believe could develop into one of our strength positions over the next 2 years.

See below list of the pros and cons of each of our half options to create a bit of an arguement as to why I believe Lewis at 7 and Wakeham at 6 are our best options moving forward into 2020 -2022

Foran
Pros
Current most creative half in attack
Experienced
Strong short kicking game
Decent game manager

Cons
Injury prone
Ageing
Heart is with Manly
Has reached his ceiling
Poor long kicking game
Overpaid

Lewis
Pros
Good short and long kicking game
Calm under pressure
Good defender
Has room for improvement
Reliable (know what you will get game in and out)
Durable
Low asking price

Cons
Running game nil to non-existent
Lacks speed and footwork off the mark
Requires a dynamic ball running halves partner

Cogger
Pros
Strong running game and speed off the mark
Good footwork
Has room for improvement
Low asking price

Cons
Long and short kicking game is poor
Liability in defence
Hasn't shown to be a good support player
Requires a halves partner that will manage the kicking duties for him

Wakeham (smallest sample size)
Pros
Good footwork and change of direction
Best eyes up decision maker outside of Foran
Long kicking game strong
Short kicking game passable
Has room for improvement, highest ceiling
Low asking price
Can goal kick

Cons
Liability in defence, diminutive and lacks size
Requires a composed half next to him to allow him to focus on creating in attack
Inexperienced

I don't believe its worthwhile analysing anyone outside of these 4. And not taking into account any potential signings for 2021 these are our best options moving forward.

The way I see it, you keep Foran out for the rest of the season and experiment with the other three. I'm not ruling out Cogger, but his kicking game (particularly long) is well below average for a half. Despite Lewis having quite an average first game back, I still see him as our best longterm 7 option. But it is Wakeham that excites me the most for 2020 and beyond.

On a final note please make mention of potential replacement halves you'd like to see join us in 2021 to compliment any of the above 4.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham looks like he could be the best half we've had in a long time.

Reactions: DT

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd play Foran and Lewis currently. I wouldn't resign Foran after 2020 for obvious reasons (I'm starting to think I still wouldn't for even 500k/year). Lewis is just the other half I'd gamble on. I think he has the higher potential, but it's very possible we just need a complete new half pairing altogether (retaining none of them, unless for depth). Regarding the poll I voted for Lewis.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran - depends on next season.
Lewis - not a half and it's becoming clearer with each game.
Cogger - continues to get better.
Wakeham - developing nicely.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe lewis is worth trying at centre as holland cant defend and lewis is a very good defender

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy Monday you poor b*stards. Thought i'd focus in on what I believe could develop into one of our strength positions over the next 2 years.

See below list of the pros and cons of each of our half options to create a bit of an arguement as to why I believe Lewis at 7 and Wakeham at 6 are our best options moving forward into 2020 -2022

Foran
Pros
Experienced
Decent game manager

Cons
Injury prone
Ageing
Heart is with Manly
Has reached his ceiling
Poor long kicking game
Overpaid

Lewis
Pros
Calm under pressure
Good defender
Has room for improvement
Durable
Low asking price

Cons

Cogger
Pros
Good footwork
Has room for improvement
Low asking price

Cons
Liability in defence

Pros
Long kicking game strong
Low asking price
Can goal kick

Cons
Requires a composed half next to him to allow him to focus on creating in attack
Inexperienced

I don't believe its worthwhile analysing anyone outside of these 4. And not taking into account any potential signings for 2021 these are our best options moving forward.

The way I see it, you keep Foran out for the rest of the season and experiment with the other three. I'm not ruling out Cogger, but his kicking game (particularly long) is well below average for a half. Despite Lewis having quite an average first game back, I still see him as our best longterm 7 option. But it is Wakeham that excites me the most for 2020 and beyond.

On a final note please make mention of potential replacement halves you'd like to see join us in 2021 to compliment any of the above 4.
I know I will cop a lot of flack for this as most of you here don't seem to be to fond of him but I would bring back Reynolds on a one year deal and see how he goes with one of the other halves that have been mentioned in this post, maybe he can inspire our team, I mean really what do we have to lose, we 've already been told that we will not be competitive till 2021 and even Steve Mortimer thought a good Idea to bring him back, Just my opinion of course.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran - depends on next season.
Lewis - not a half and it's becoming clearer with each game.
Cogger - continues to get better.
Wakeham - developing nicely.
Lewis could be the Mitch Aubusson of our team, would suit a utility role off the bench in centre or lock or halves I really don’t want to lose him

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know who i would chose, all I know is Lewis is TERRIBLE. I nearly fell off t he couch when he threw an inside ball to TOLMAN like he was Billy Slater LOL. Then he goes and does it two more times in the game lol.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Cogger but really haven't seen anything from him at this early stage...I still say Lewis is a 5/8 if anything...
I would have Lewis 6 and Wakeham 7

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would make a play for Sezer. Apparently off to England but shouldn’t be on too much $$. Been playing well with Canberra lately.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would make a play for Sezer. Apparently off to England but shouldn’t be on too much $$. Been playing well with Canberra lately.
Me too. Sezar has a great kicking game, is a goal kicker and is at that age where he is coming in to his best years as a halfback

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Out of what we have Wakeham and Lewis. Not really fair comparing these blokes evenly against eachother when some are favourites and never get dropped and others don't get the chance to really work on mentioned deficiencies in FG.

Plus you should be able to vote for 2 half's.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That was a pretty good assessment. Since Lewis, Cogger, Wakeham are all on cheap money, I think the club should really take their time and assess who will be our future halves. All three have their upsides.

In regards to yesterday's match I thought Lewis and Cogger played well. Lewis had a strong long kicking game and showed us he had a short kicking game by getting a couple of drop outs. Cogger set up a linebreak with his running game and had some good kicks as well. Just remember that the Roosters are one of the best defensive teams in the comp and in the second half we really gave them a go, and we got quite a few repeat sets which allowed us to build pressure. If it were a lesser team, we may have even scored a couple more tries in the second half.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Foran
Pros
Experienced
Decent game manager

Cons
Injury prone
Ageing
Heart is with Manly
Has reached his ceiling
Poor long kicking game
Overpaid

Lewis
Pros
Calm under pressure
Good defender
Has room for improvement
Durable
Low asking price

Cons

Cogger
Pros
Good footwork
Has room for improvement
Low asking price

Cons
Liability in defence

Pros
Long kicking game strong
Low asking price
Can goal kick

Cons
Inexperienced

I think your assessment of a few things is rather skewed.. for instance the long kicking .. cogger finds open space more than anyone else out our club .. every other part of kicking is just garbage including Cogger and Lewis' attacking kicks

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plenty of cons missing for Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham looks the goods, and I have to say he may just be the answer long term. Could build Around him nicely ...!!

Mind you. Wakeham and prince may be a good combo together Also, could be very dangerous an well balanced. Who knows.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if youve analized this correctley.

Cogger and Wakeham are the future.

Cogger is getting better every game, taking the line on and has a short and long kicking game.

Wakeham was thrown in the deepend and came out swimming the backstroke

Foran
Pros
Experienced
Decent game manager

Cons
Injury prone
Ageing
Heart is with Manly
Has reached his ceiling
Poor long kicking game
Overpaid

Lewis
Pros
Calm under pressure
Good defender
Has room for improvement
Durable
Low asking price

Cons

Cogger
Pros
Good footwork
Has room for improvement
Low asking price

Cons
Liability in defence

Pros
Long kicking game strong
Low asking price
Can goal kick

Cons
Inexperienced