Opinion 'The Board' Consolidated Thread

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep ... vote for a failed businessman ... real smart!

What have the Andersons done well enough to deserve re-election?
You tell me what they have done wrong, and I'll educate you on what they have done well.

Our previous board was full of "savvy and successful businessmen", yet somehow they managed to put us $3m above the cap, along with re-signing a coach on $1m + a year for a further 2 years, than giving him the ass 6 months later before the new contract started, which cost the club $2m + along with astronomical legal fees. Thats exactly what you call smart and successful businessmen. Bravo

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Nov 1 to Jan 31 will be an interesting period, no doubt the Andersons have already lined up some signings moving forward and if you read between the lines not everyone is happy about them, but realistically the success of these signings won't really be known until after the elections.

The board as is won't remain (can't see the likes of Pricey being able to substantiate his contribution thus far) but the Andersons running the show will continue

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nov 1 to Jan 31 will be an interesting period, no doubt the Andersons have already lined up some signings moving forward and if you read between the lines not everyone is happy about them, but realistically the success of these signings won't really be known until after the elections.

The board as is won't remain (can't see the likes of Pricey being able to substantiate his contribution thus far) but the Andersons running the show will continue
What do you mean about signings?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well Mr pony, your dead wrong !
I bloody hope #horse head is wrong teddy ..!! The last person we want being correct about ANYTHING.. especially where #PAYOUT is involved , unless it’s sacked :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You tell me what they have done wrong, and I'll educate you on what they have done well.

Our previous board was full of "savvy and successful businessmen", yet somehow they managed to put us $3m above the cap, along with re-signing a coach on $1m + a year for a further 2 years, than giving him the ass 6 months later before the new contract started, which cost the club $2m + along with astronomical legal fees. Thats exactly what you call smart and successful businessmen. Bravo
Memberships are way down.
Crowds way down.
Club headed for 4th worst season in history.
No major sponsor for next season (KIA not renewing).
Renewed a clueless coach despite losing games.
One director business in liquidation.

If we end the season with no changes to the above, the members will hold the board fully accountable. Just like the last election.

Besides, if Anderson ends up bankrupt, he won't be a fit and proper person to sit on the board, so will not be allowed to run. Will be the same situation James Marroun faced.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Memberships are way down.
Crowds way down.
Club headed for 4th worst season in history.
No major sponsor for next season (KIA not renewing).
Renewed a clueless coach despite losing games.
One director business in liquidation.

If we end the season with no changes to the above, the members will hold the board fully accountable. Just like the last election.

Besides, if Anderson ends up bankrupt, he won't be a fit and proper person to sit on the board, so will not be allowed to run. Will be the same situation James Marroun faced.
Amazes me how some on here are ignoring the facts that you just stated
Acting like the Anderson’s are the saviours when in reality as it stands have given us nothing

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rival ticket or not, i will be voting the Andersons once again.

Truth be told, the Anderson ticket will win comprehensivley once again.

The only people who oppose of the Andersons are a few habibs on the kennel, who think running a club is like Championship Manager, along with a handful of moderators who have never been members or attend games, though are holier-than-thou because of their personal status feeling of moral superiority in their demented heads
Mate more than 75% of members and fans have had enough of the Andersons. In regards to the habibs go back to watching fat pizza lol.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple if the andersons business goes into liquidation, which means they don't know how to run a business, if they don't know how to run a business what makes people think they will know how to run this CLUB!!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Simple if the andersons business goes into liquidation, which means they don't know how to run a business, if they don't know how to run a business what makes people think they will know how to run this CLUB!!!!!
Not to mention how can you make key decisions as directors when you or your husband's business has just gone under.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The only people who oppose of the Andersons are a few habibs on the kennel, who think running a club is like Championship Manager, along with a handful of moderators who have never been members or attend games, though are holier-than-thou because of their personal status feeling of moral superiority in their demented heads
Well said.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not to mention how can you make key decisions as directors when you or your husband's business has just gone under.
The only reason they won the ticket cause dib and co royally fucked everything and the fans were baying for blood

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think this board deserves long enough to hopefully set things right. While they can't use the salary cap excuse forever, I am of the opinion that they walked into a complete mess and no short term solutions were available. Given that
1) even mediocre talent that was fit for the NRL was signed when they came to power. Any real talent acquisition had to be on a budget and released by other clubs.
2) They've implemented changes to our junior development process which should be a huge positive long term.

While I have been accused of being a Pay fan, I'm not really. I suspect that the board have a timeline in place to bring in a potentially better coach. But the reality is that they may not be wanting to announce it if it's Holbrook because he doesn't want to demoralise his current players ahead of the finals. And player signings is always an area that is slow to progress.

I have no inside sources, so I am like the 99% of fans who will have to wait and see what eventuates.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

running the club is a lot like football manager actually because they designed the game to make it simulate as close as possible the experience of running a club

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw of course the current board is going to remain, people don't chop and change, they chop and wait to see if they need to change

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Turvey ive been told wont stand next year. I suspect there will be a few independents standing but the core of this board will remain. Also its not known what this board has been doing and what is in the pipeline as what we hear is usually rumours from the press. My only issue at the moment for voting for this board again is what they have planned for pay as i want a coach who selects the best players available

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some things..

1) the previous board will not form the exact same ticket ever again in future.. some have just moved on..

2) there are several people (including some past board members (& 3 wealthy & successful Bulldogs businessmen) that will meet the week following next to discuss the situation at the club & the best possible action to take if any.. nothing has been decided yet.

3) the 3 businessmen that will be present at this meeting are all very wealthy & completely unrelated to each other & in different industries.. they are all worth 100m-1billion (not that this means anything just saying).. However these 3 have had no involvement in our football club ever before.. They dont want to waste their time on a ticket or at an election if there is no chance of change.. they will guage this from the meeting and in the coming month..

4) the chat until now is that the current board will milk the salary cap situation and ask for re-election on the basis of the salary cap they inherited..
I voted for the current board, however at that time I felt that the ticket was a little to ex player heavy, that view of mine has only been re-enforced in recent times.
It would be nice if those 3 wealthy business men are as staunch supporters of our club as some of us are, and one was at least half as clever as Nick Politis.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

We all know you dislike for the new board. You were against them day 1. Now let's look at what you expected from them .
They started their control with a team who everyone said is not going to win us a gf. They added the worst signing in the history of league, a cripple on $1million a year . Signed a prop for 800k to a team that already was over the cap. They sacked their coach after signing him to a rich extension . Than this board chaired by a smart businessman gets the punt.
New board come in and get rid of 2 bad contracts . Both players on 800k. Extend the coach as blowing up a roster and having reserves standard players isn't attractive to another coach. The cap is still a mess, with players on stupid amounts from previous board .
The coach has no elite talent, no juniors because previous board neglected the roots of league. Tell me apart from Napa as a bad signing, we signed CHN who is our best forward and a bunch of kids with potential looking for a chance. There is plenty of dead wood here. One thing is to blow up a roster and give young juniors a go but we don't have any. The Anderson's know that, they put their jobs on the line to do knowing they can get the punt. But we needed this. Mbye woods foran could have been almost 2.85million in 3 average players. I honestly don't care who runs the joint, but i can't see what everyone expected with no cap , no players, no juniors . Add a bad coach and bad coaches we are doomed. Bullfrog style won't work in this day, coaches want more control and to get the best the Anderson's will have to get with the times. Don't start me with hill either, our club is rich to poach the best. Time to act like a rich prick and buy our way to some elite people.

Reactions: GDR

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

A voluntary liquidation isn’t a failed business, in their situation it was probably a tax effective way to cease trading because their priorities are now the football club.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I understand there are times to be patient and consolidate but also believe their are times when you have to pull the trigger. Hollbrook may be unproven at NRL FG BUT this bloke is a dogs man, a fan, previous coach and has unbelievable record in the UK. This guy could be the next biggest thing in Coaches. I see no better candidate for the job and ticks all the boxes.
I think a Sheens n Holbrook combo . We need teacher style coach for a transition period but Holbrook will be the main guy going forward . Take a punt on Holbrook long term and Sheens works our "academy".