Opinion 'The Board' Consolidated Thread

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So do any of you guys who are closer to the club know if there is any group (rival ticket) that are planning to run against this current Board or are they safe atleast for this next Election. Just wondering what sort of pressure these guys might be on to perform in this period leading to early next year. Cheers.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s a few rumours but nothing concrete. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a rival ticket to run it can be individuals as well. The Andersons will retain control but I think there will be one or two changes to the current board.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Paul Dunn rallied the rest of the directors and run opposed to Andersons, they'll be gone.

I'd expect shortly before the elections if there are other challengers, more information or specifics about the failed business will come up, making it hard for voting members to vote for the Andersons.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Paul Dunn rallied the rest of the directors and run opposed to Andersons, they'll be gone.

I'd expect shortly before the elections if there are other challengers, more information or specifics about the failed business will come up, making it hard for voting members to vote for the Andersons.
Dunn doesn’t have enough sway to pull something like that off. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s voted off next year.

Reactions: DT

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know some things..

1) the previous board will not form the exact same ticket ever again in future.. some have just moved on..

2) there are several people (including some past board members (& 3 wealthy & successful Bulldogs businessmen) that will meet the week following next to discuss the situation at the club & the best possible action to take if any.. nothing has been decided yet.

3) the 3 businessmen that will be present at this meeting are all very wealthy & completely unrelated to each other & in different industries.. they are all worth 100m-1billion (not that this means anything just saying).. However these 3 have had no involvement in our football club ever before.. They dont want to waste their time on a ticket or at an election if there is no chance of change.. they will guage this from the meeting and in the coming month..

4) the chat until now is that the current board will milk the salary cap situation and ask for re-election on the basis of the salary cap they inherited..

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Interesting. Think I read ages ago with history that Dunn had ran and failed once before? Is Dunn ok or another self absorbed power hungry idiot? Think the days of Clubmen etc being involved is too dangerous, they always seem to be the one's who destroy clubs. We need professionals.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I know some things..

1) the previous board will not form the exact same ticket ever again in future..

2) there are several people (including some past board members (& 3 wealthy & successful Bulldogs businessmen) that will meet the week following next to discuss the situation at the club & the best possible action to take if any.. nothing has been decided yet.

3) the 3 businessmen that will be present at this meeting are all very wealthy & completely unrelated to each other & in different industries.. they are all worth 100m-1billion (not that this means anything just saying).. However these 3 have had no involvement in our football club ever before.. They dont want to waste their time on a ticket or at an election if there is no chance of change.. they will guage this from the meeting and in the coming month..

4) the chat until now is that the current board will milk the salary cap situation and ask for re-election on the basis of the salary cap they inherited..
So these wealthy businessmen are Dogs fans and that's their angle? As in wanting to save our arses?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if Corey Payne is thinking of sitting?

Dunn doesn’t have enough sway to pull something like that off. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s voted off next year.
How I see it:
Lynne Anderson - On shaky ground, but may be retained. Depends if she gets caught up in the business collapse.
Chris Anderson - Rumoured to be overly controlling and pissing people off. Might be a case of being too involved and putting others offside.
John Ballesty - Not sure he's done much at all, or has much input.
Steve Price - Needs to have a louder voice, but given his past business ventures, I don't think he has the nouse to really sit on the board.
Paul Dunn - Needs to speak up and get more involved.
Steve Mortimer - I wouldn't be suprised he if doesn't stand again. Like many of us I'd be suprised if he's not sick of the bullshit.
John Khoury - Absolutely must retain John. Smart operator and decent businessman.

Interesting. Think I read ages ago with history that Dunn had ran and failed once before? Is Dunn ok or another self absorbed power hungry idiot? Think the days of Clubmen etc being involved is too dangerous, they always seem to be the one's who destroy clubs. We need professionals.
Yeah he did, and got outed as a result. I think he's changed. Then again Chris Anderson vs Paul Dunn.. Not sure who I'd prefer, but Andersons collapsed business has me concerned he is not of the right business credentials to be anywhere near the board and making business decisions.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know some things..

1) the previous board will not form the exact same ticket ever again in future..

Hopefully they run although I think they will be up against it. The members are very conservative and throwing a board out like what happened with Dib is very rare. The Anderson board has bought themselves plenty of time with cap mess excuse.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully they run although I think they will be up against it. The members are very conservative and throwing a board out like what happened with Dib is very rare. The Anderson board has bought themselves plenty of time with cap mess excuse.
I guess it depends how the landscape looks with the coach situation too.

Dib and his mates had to go. Donald Duck and a cardboard cutout of Don Burke could have stood and outed them. The members wanted change and they were getting it however it was possible.

However they were outed because of:
a) Hasler sacking situation.
b) Mishandling of the cap.

The current board used A and B as an excuse for poor performances this year. However with money already being wasted in the cap on dud signings, and Dean Pay being a complete flop, the BIG question will be "Has the current board made the right changes, of simply replicated the same issues with different names".

I think Dean Pay could make or break the current board. If he's still coach and we haven't won another game by endof year, I'd say they are in deep shit come the elections.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How I see it:
Lynne Anderson - On shaky ground, but may be retained. Depends if she gets caught up in the business collapse.
Chris Anderson - Rumoured to be overly controlling and pissing people off. Might be a case of being too involved and putting others offside.
John Ballesty - Not sure he's done much at all, or has much input.
Steve Price - Needs to have a louder voice, but given his past business ventures, I don't think he has the nouse to really sit on the board.
Paul Dunn - Needs to speak up and get more involved.
Steve Mortimer - I wouldn't be suprised he if doesn't stand again. Like many of us I'd be suprised if he's not sick of the bullshit.
John Khoury - Absolutely must retain John. Smart operator and decent businessman.
That’s lots of rumour and hearsay in there. You have no idea what they are doing on board meetings or who is having big or no input. It will depend on what happens between now and Feb.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rival ticket or not, i will be voting the Andersons once again.

Truth be told, the Anderson ticket will win comprehensivley once again.

The only people who oppose of the Andersons are a few habibs on the kennel, who think running a club is like Championship Manager, along with a handful of moderators who have never been members or attend games, though are holier-than-thou because of their personal status feeling of moral superiority in their demented heads

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Dib and his mates had to go. Donald Duck and a cardboard cutout of Don Burke could have stood and outed them. The members wanted change and they were getting it however it was possible.

The current board used A and B as an excuse for poor performances this year. However with money already being wasted in the cap on dud signings, and Dean Pay being a complete flop, the BIG question will be "Has the current board made the right changes, of simply replicated the same issues with different names".

I think Dean Pay could make or break the current board. If he's still coach and we haven't won another game by endof year, I'd say they are in deep shit come the elections.
I think if Hollbrook is missed or not contemplated in order to keep Pay that would be seen as a very huge mistake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rival ticket or not, i will be voting the Andersons once again.

Truth be told, the Anderson ticket will win comprehensivley once again.

The only people who oppose of the Andersons are a few habibs on the kennel, who think running a club is like Championship Manager, along with a handful of moderators who have never been members or attend games, though are holier-than-thou because of their personal status feeling of moral superiority in their demented heads
Yep ... vote for a failed businessman ... real smart!

What have the Andersons done well enough to deserve re-election?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve heard they’ll be running unopposed.

This Board are very well respected, and have a clear vision with wheels in motion. Trust the process.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I really don’t think they will be in deep shit. The members are very different to posters on here and much more patient. It’s very dangerous to have 3 different boards in 3 elections and they will be very wary of changing the board again.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares anymore.
Move the bloody club to Perth/Central Coast already.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I still think Flano is the one they want..
I understand there are times to be patient and consolidate but also believe their are times when you have to pull the trigger. Hollbrook may be unproven at NRL FG BUT this bloke is a dogs man, a fan, previous coach and has unbelievable record in the UK. This guy could be the next biggest thing in Coaches. I see no better candidate for the job and ticks all the boxes.