Holbrook cannot come soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even Bellamy couldn’t do a lot with this roster. We have about 5 guys that played today that could make the 17 for all other teams including the Titans. Too many players that are not FG standard. And do the the Dogs have anyone in the centres other than Holland?

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Bellamy couldn’t do a lot with this roster. We have about 5 guys that played today that could make the 17 for all other teams including the Titans. Too many players that are not FG standard. And do the the Dogs have anyone in the centres other than Holland?
Disagree, our attacking structure/strategy is non existing. These players are professional and a decent coach CAN get the best out of them and get them performing better than this garbage.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys

First time poster, long time reader. I actually joined the Kennel the day before Des was fired (good luck charm) but I’m too much of a lazy prick to post anything. I almost did with the Latrell rumor (which I’m a huge fan of) but this Pay thing is forcing me into action so hopefully you guys don’t mind me ranting like a fucking lunatic for a bit – as a long suffering Bulldogs fan, I think I’m entitled to

I was having a very good day yesterday and then in the space of 12 hours, Ferrari fucks up in qualifying and now this ridiculous rumour of Holbrook signing with the Titans has ruined my day.

I’m still hopeful that it’s BS and that he has indeed signed with us

When you think about it, why the hell would he sign with the Titans? If you do a comparison between our clubs, we have them beat on every single factor:

· We have a 12-month turnaround compared to their 3-year turnaround

· We WILL be here in 10 years’ time – they MAY not be

· We can afford to pay him the highest salary if he’s successful – they can’t match us

· He’s from Sydney, and presumably his wife is too and he has 4 kids – so moving to Sydney would allow him and his wife to be closer to their families – Gold Coast is a 1-hour flight from Sydney

Last but not least, he’s a fuckign Bulldogs fan. When we were chasing Teddy, one of the reasons he chose the Roosters over us was because he grew up as a Rooster’s fan – that emotional attachment he had to the Roosters is what got him over the line with them. Finally, we have that powerful advantage working in our favour so how about we fuckign use it.

The ONLY advantage GC has over us is the lifestyle factor but being a family man, I can’t see that being a big factor

Staying in St Helens doesn't make much sense either since he only went over there to gain experience and build up his resume. Now that he’s been noticed by every NRL club, there is no point in staying over there as the best he can do is maintain his record

Based on all that, I was VERY confident Holbrook would sign with us….especially based on Assassin and Teddybear both posting last week that their sources had said it was a done deal at the Dogs for 3 years starting from 2020.

Personally, I trust their sources more than this someone posting he had signed with GC but who the fuck knows. Assassin mentioned his source was an ex-board member who had a 90% success rate so I don’t see why we he would make shit up. Also, SweetFA, who started the Holbrook rumour did mentioned that Hill was in the UK to speak to Holbrook which would at least suggest an offer has at least been made on our end

Not to mention there was a rumour last week that a Bulldogs official or powerbroker was bragging to all and sundry that it was a done deal at the Dogs so again I’m hoping that is the case.

This fucking roller-coaster of emotions is driving me nuts…just get it over with it already

Also, a couple of days ago somebody mentioned that Pay was going to be sacked before the Sharks game, during the Bye week, but then the fucking Sharks came out and played like shit (us) and we won. That stupid win probably fucked everything up as you can’t sack a coach after a great win.

Since then what has changed, we beat the Knights, due to Gavet getting binned and then we lost to the Broncos. If the rumour was true, then what has changed the boards mind to convince them to stick with Pay …nothing. Having 2 wins, when the opposition played shit, doesn’t change anything – Pay is still a shit coach.

My issue with Pay is very simple – yes we have a shit roster, but that’s no excuse for having no attacking structures. Why the fuck are our forwards still hogging the ball inside the opposition 20? Because Lichaa keeps giving them the ball. When you have the greatest halfbacks in the game – Johns, Thurston, Alexander, Kimmorely all stating that they can’t see our attacking structure, there's a reason for that…because it doesn’t exist. THAT IS 1000000% PAYS’ FAULT…NOT THE PLAYERS

Not to mention Pay’s obsession with fucking Elliot? I think Mr I was right, maybe he feels guilty for the Mad Monday incident so he keeps picking him to make it up to him

Don’t forget the fact (and it’s a fact because it comes from the players families) that he doesn't talk to certain players. But don’t worry folks, Kerrod Holland can use his power of telepathy to read pay’s mind to know how what he has to improve as a player and get back into the NRL side

To win a premiership, you need good players and a good coach. Yes, you can probably fluke a premiership with an average coach, but to have long term consistent, sustained success, you need both

Look at F1, Bottas and Raikkonen have the same cars as their teammates, but are no match for Vettel and Hamilton. Why, because Raikkonen and Bottas are AVERAGE drivers in good cars. Vettel and Hamilton are world champions because they are great divers in great cars.

Fuck me it’s amateur hour with Pay….and with the Anderson’s refusal to sack him because they lack the balls to do so. Can you imagine Bullfrog or Nick Politis tolerating that shit?

Maybe after today’s loss, he’ll get the boot and Holbrook will be announced – either way, we’ll know this week…FINALLY.

Like a few people have mentioned, this is a very critical decision for me. I used to watch every single game, watch every NRL show, listen to every radio show, etc. My engagement in league was at 100% when we were successful. But since 2017, I seriously couldn’t give a fuck about the NRL anymore. I watch the Dogs game and that’s it. And even so, the emotion I have after a loss is almost non-existent. I get pissed for 5 minutes and that’s it. It used to take me days sometimes to get over a loss. Hell, I used to get so nervous, I couldn’t even watch games live

If we sign Holbrook, I can see the light. I can see us being a top 4 side in 2021 and challenging for the comp every year for the next 10 years. The next few years will be awesome.

If Holbrook signs with GC, I can’t see the light so I’ll be done with the NRL. As someone mentioned in a different post, they were looking for any reason to justify to themselves to abandon the NRL – I am in the same boat. This will be the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. Of course, one day we will get back on top, but I’m not going to wait around for that – I may be a fuckign idiot but I'm not a masochist – I don’t have the patience to tolerate another 4-5 years of mediocrity. Life is too short, and too stressful, to continue supporting a team that is deliberately punishing itself. Some people will criticize me, and probably rightly so, for not being a real fan and they are absolutely right – but at the end of the day I just can’t do it. I am doing it protect myself; not as a way to punish the game or the club. I love the club, and I always will, but it’s just too painful and stressful to watch them go through this.

I always laugh at these idiots who spend every 5 minutes on their phone checking their social media (I don’t because I don’t have social media) yet I find myself doing the same thing. I’m on the fucking forum every 5 minutes, or on the league news sites looking for anything positive about the club that I can look forward to because I don’t get any enjoyment form the game anymore.

Missing out on Hollbrook would be a bigger kick in the balls than missing out on Tedesco, Jerome Hughes, Reece Robson and Sam Walker COMBINED (plus letting Cook go). I’ll probably hang around the forum for a couple of weeks to find out why but then I’m done. I’ll probably come back in 5 years but this disgusting nightmare is over

Fuck me, I just realized how long this post is...sorry about that guys. Just couldn't help myself

One final thing I’m curious about…. the silence is deafening from all the posters on here who usually have the inside gossip. All those guys who knew about the Latrell Mitchell deal before the regular members did are eerily quiet…either because they don’t know anything because there is nothing to know (FUCK I HOPE NOT) or they do know what's going on but they’ve been burned following the Latrell deal and have opted to keep quiet so as not to betray their sources or alert the media (FINGERS CROSSED)

If you do know something…good or bad…please let us know.

Cheers
The sacking of a contracted coach and announcing his replacement has to be timed, and during the playing season is never a good time. If Holbrook was signed recently, I do not believe that it would have been good for all the parties concerned ie (Holbrook St Helens our club and even Pay) if the news had already become public. It might frustrate us fans but I don't think it would hurt our club if Holbrook was announced at the end of our season,and I'm confident that he will be.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree, our attacking structure/strategy is non existing. These players are professional and a decent coach CAN get the best out of them and get them performing better than this garbage.
IMHO we have a roster that’s capable of being around the cusp of the 8. This roster is better than a 15th place side. The coaching is atrocious. You can see there’s no strategy and executions are poor. Looks like sloppy footy. Even with a win. It’s yuck. There’s nothing crisp about it.

sberry

New Pup
Reaction score
I hear ya brother and I tend to agree with you, at least the rational/logical part of my brain does. The other whiny bitchy emotional part of my brain is worried about all these rumours about the Andersons being not willing to sack Pay being true. Even so, surely if you're Holbrook you'd be willing to suck it up and sign with us as an assistant to Pay for 12 months as long as you're guaranteed the top job for 2021, especially after the way we played today compared to the Titans. For me, it's all about the missus - if she wants to move back to Sydney, then we've got him. Hopefully Hll was smart enough to sit down with his Justin and his wife when he was in England as that's what I would be doing - she's the boss (fuck Tony Danza)
Either way, we'll know this week - the St Helens deadline is coming up and the Titans are apparently naming their coach.
The other thing that gives me confidence is the fact that we're after Thompson. Surely the board knows the only way he would come to our club is if Holbrook is going to be the coach - he won't be coming to play under Pay and who can blame him. It'll either be us with Holbrook or Souths

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hey Guys

First time poster, long time reader. I actually joined the Kennel the day before Des was fired (good luck charm) but I’m too much of a lazy prick to post anything. I almost did with the Latrell rumor (which I’m a huge fan of) but this Pay thing is forcing me into action so hopefully you guys don’t mind me ranting like a fucking lunatic for a bit – as a long suffering Bulldogs fan, I think I’m entitled to

I was having a very good day yesterday and then in the space of 12 hours, Ferrari fucks up in qualifying and now this ridiculous rumour of Holbrook signing with the Titans has ruined my day.

I’m still hopeful that it’s BS and that he has indeed signed with us

When you think about it, why the hell would he sign with the Titans? If you do a comparison between our clubs, we have them beat on every single factor:

· We have a 12-month turnaround compared to their 3-year turnaround

· We WILL be here in 10 years’ time – they MAY not be

· We can afford to pay him the highest salary if he’s successful – they can’t match us

· He’s from Sydney, and presumably his wife is too and he has 4 kids – so moving to Sydney would allow him and his wife to be closer to their families – Gold Coast is a 1-hour flight from Sydney

Last but not least, he’s a fuckign Bulldogs fan. When we were chasing Teddy, one of the reasons he chose the Roosters over us was because he grew up as a Rooster’s fan – that emotional attachment he had to the Roosters is what got him over the line with them. Finally, we have that powerful advantage working in our favour so how about we fuckign use it.

The ONLY advantage GC has over us is the lifestyle factor but being a family man, I can’t see that being a big factor

Staying in St Helens doesn't make much sense either since he only went over there to gain experience and build up his resume. Now that he’s been noticed by every NRL club, there is no point in staying over there as the best he can do is maintain his record

Based on all that, I was VERY confident Holbrook would sign with us….especially based on Assassin and Teddybear both posting last week that their sources had said it was a done deal at the Dogs for 3 years starting from 2020.

Personally, I trust their sources more than this someone posting he had signed with GC but who the fuck knows. Assassin mentioned his source was an ex-board member who had a 90% success rate so I don’t see why we he would make shit up. Also, SweetFA, who started the Holbrook rumour did mentioned that Hill was in the UK to speak to Holbrook which would at least suggest an offer has at least been made on our end

Not to mention there was a rumour last week that a Bulldogs official or powerbroker was bragging to all and sundry that it was a done deal at the Dogs so again I’m hoping that is the case.

This fucking roller-coaster of emotions is driving me nuts…just get it over with it already

Also, a couple of days ago somebody mentioned that Pay was going to be sacked before the Sharks game, during the Bye week, but then the fucking Sharks came out and played like shit (us) and we won. That stupid win probably fucked everything up as you can’t sack a coach after a great win.

Since then what has changed, we beat the Knights, due to Gavet getting binned and then we lost to the Broncos. If the rumour was true, then what has changed the boards mind to convince them to stick with Pay …nothing. Having 2 wins, when the opposition played shit, doesn’t change anything – Pay is still a shit coach.

My issue with Pay is very simple – yes we have a shit roster, but that’s no excuse for having no attacking structures. Why the fuck are our forwards still hogging the ball inside the opposition 20? Because Lichaa keeps giving them the ball. When you have the greatest halfbacks in the game – Johns, Thurston, Alexander, Kimmorely all stating that they can’t see our attacking structure, there's a reason for that…because it doesn’t exist. THAT IS 1000000% PAYS’ FAULT…NOT THE PLAYERS

Not to mention Pay’s obsession with fucking Elliot? I think Mr I was right, maybe he feels guilty for the Mad Monday incident so he keeps picking him to make it up to him

Don’t forget the fact (and it’s a fact because it comes from the players families) that he doesn't talk to certain players. But don’t worry folks, Kerrod Holland can use his power of telepathy to read pay’s mind to know how what he has to improve as a player and get back into the NRL side

To win a premiership, you need good players and a good coach. Yes, you can probably fluke a premiership with an average coach, but to have long term consistent, sustained success, you need both

Look at F1, Bottas and Raikkonen have the same cars as their teammates, but are no match for Vettel and Hamilton. Why, because Raikkonen and Bottas are AVERAGE drivers in good cars. Vettel and Hamilton are world champions because they are great divers in great cars.

Fuck me it’s amateur hour with Pay….and with the Anderson’s refusal to sack him because they lack the balls to do so. Can you imagine Bullfrog or Nick Politis tolerating that shit?

Maybe after today’s loss, he’ll get the boot and Holbrook will be announced – either way, we’ll know this week…FINALLY.

Like a few people have mentioned, this is a very critical decision for me. I used to watch every single game, watch every NRL show, listen to every radio show, etc. My engagement in league was at 100% when we were successful. But since 2017, I seriously couldn’t give a fuck about the NRL anymore. I watch the Dogs game and that’s it. And even so, the emotion I have after a loss is almost non-existent. I get pissed for 5 minutes and that’s it. It used to take me days sometimes to get over a loss. Hell, I used to get so nervous, I couldn’t even watch games live

If we sign Holbrook, I can see the light. I can see us being a top 4 side in 2021 and challenging for the comp every year for the next 10 years. The next few years will be awesome.

If Holbrook signs with GC, I can’t see the light so I’ll be done with the NRL. As someone mentioned in a different post, they were looking for any reason to justify to themselves to abandon the NRL – I am in the same boat. This will be the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. Of course, one day we will get back on top, but I’m not going to wait around for that – I may be a fuckign idiot but I'm not a masochist – I don’t have the patience to tolerate another 4-5 years of mediocrity. Life is too short, and too stressful, to continue supporting a team that is deliberately punishing itself. Some people will criticize me, and probably rightly so, for not being a real fan and they are absolutely right – but at the end of the day I just can’t do it. I am doing it protect myself; not as a way to punish the game or the club. I love the club, and I always will, but it’s just too painful and stressful to watch them go through this.

I always laugh at these idiots who spend every 5 minutes on their phone checking their social media (I don’t because I don’t have social media) yet I find myself doing the same thing. I’m on the fucking forum every 5 minutes, or on the league news sites looking for anything positive about the club that I can look forward to because I don’t get any enjoyment form the game anymore.

Missing out on Hollbrook would be a bigger kick in the balls than missing out on Tedesco, Jerome Hughes, Reece Robson and Sam Walker COMBINED (plus letting Cook go). I’ll probably hang around the forum for a couple of weeks to find out why but then I’m done. I’ll probably come back in 5 years but this disgusting nightmare is over

Fuck me, I just realized how long this post is...sorry about that guys. Just couldn't help myself

One final thing I’m curious about…. the silence is deafening from all the posters on here who usually have the inside gossip. All those guys who knew about the Latrell Mitchell deal before the regular members did are eerily quiet…either because they don’t know anything because there is nothing to know (FUCK I HOPE NOT) or they do know what's going on but they’ve been burned following the Latrell deal and have opted to keep quiet so as not to betray their sources or alert the media (FINGERS CROSSED)

If you do know something…good or bad…please let us know.

Cheers
Hey mate, yeah that was in my rant about "looking for a reason to justify walking away" and it's true. I can honestly say that if they go into 2020 and just continue as normal with no changes...or worse changes (Them getting mates and family in) then I'm just not watching or supporting. Lyne can keep claiming "Bullfrog" but she's nothing like him, he wouldn't be happy with how they are running the place. He would have signed Hollbrook the other day in the UK. I didn't bother with today's game and it's scary how much it didn't matter. I ended up taking the kids to see the Lion King instead and I had the better time. The thought of missing a dogs games like 10 years ago, forget about it. I use to be pissed for days too after a loss, now I turn the TV off before the finish and just walk away. Unless Hollbrook is signed I'm doing a gap year next year and they can get fuked!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Board won't sack Pay for one reason: It makes them look like hypocrites, and with a board election Feb 2020, they can't afford to have that on their backs, given they made such a song and dance about the previous board sacking Hasler.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Board won't sack Pay for one reason: It makes them look like hypocrites, and with a board election Feb 2020, they can't afford to have that on their backs, given they made such a song and dance about the previous board sacking Hasler.
To get re-elected they will either need

1. The announcement of a new head coach

2. The announcment of a couple of big signings

Without one of those their days are numbered

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To get re-elected they will either need

1. The announcement of a new head coach

2. The announcment of a couple of big signings

Without one of those their days are numbered
You'd think #2 wouldn't happen if #1 doesn't...

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome good ranting & raving. You’re entitled during these dark days, cheaper than therapy as has been said before. Don’t disagree with anything said except no idea or interest in F1. An avatar of a lunatic (not Pay or Board member) would be funny.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get pumped by Roosters and again before the end of the year by a team, and we do not have a coach announced by end of season, I wouldn't like to be the board heading into the Feb election.
At the moment they are unopposed,unless there's some late mail,which is what I'm hoping.

sberry

New Pup
Reaction score
Welcome good ranting & raving. You’re entitled during these dark days, cheaper than therapy as has been said before. Don’t disagree with anything said except no idea or interest in F1. An avatar of a lunatic (not Pay or Board member) would be funny.
Done

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned with our roster it doesn't matter who is our coach we are pushing shit up hill . we have to look how we got ourselves in this mess & don't do it again

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook will be coaching Titans from 2020 according to NRL.COM

We are that fucked as a club right now we'd struggle to attract a hooker on Mad Monday

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well just signed with the titans who’s next we can hope for

Status
Not open for further replies.