What our forward pack should look like

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just need something lol. Don’t care what. As long as we get results and positive ones for a bloody change.

You lot can decide whom an where etc, I just want Xerri in the team I know that much.. oh an pay gone that’s my wish list for a start . Dreaming I know, but they are free!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Passing from dummy half is much harder then passing in general play and there’s times when Lewis struggles passing in general play. I think Lewis’s height would also go against him getting down low to pass from dummy half. There’s only one way to find out I guess.
Exactly.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think cogger could be transformed into a good hooker

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry guys should be More like this lol........
8 klemmer
9 cook
10 taupau
11 finucane
12 Jackson
13 ese'ese

Then pick a few for the bench from
Harawira-naera, tolman, gavet, lane, graham or Martin.....

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10) Tolman
9)
8)
11) Jackson
12) CHN
13)

14) Lewis
15) Ogden
16)
17)

Probably the best we could offer at the moment

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t call what we have a forward pack.ogden is the only one worth keeping and pay won’t give him consistent game time to develop.The first “forward” to go should be pay

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis is really tall... like 192cm ... big ask for a hooker at that size.

I'd go with.

1. DWZ
2. Smith
3. Lewis
4. Hoppa
5. Katoa/Okunbor (played shit in CC) / ??
6. Wakeham
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Cogger
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. To'omaga

14. Ogden
15. Smith
16. Kalache
17. Anyone but Elliott.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, this is just my opinion on how I think our pack should look. There are many if, buts and maybes, but the current model is not working and needs to be changed up.

8. Ogden
9. Lewis (something else needs to be tried)
10. Fualalo (he is a big body and bends the line)
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Tolman

14. To'omaga
15. Elliot
16. Napa
17. RFM

I would have Fualalo and Ogden play out the first 20-30 mins and then replace them with Napa and Elliot.
I would then give Jackson and Tolman spell after 30 and replace them with RFM and To'omaga. This way these two can have a 10 min spell before half time, then a rest, and a 10-15 in the second half before being replaced by Jackson and Tolma to see out the game.

A lot of people bag Elliot, but he brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm, and in my opinion is better utilized off the bench.

Napa, To'omaga and RFM can also add that impact off the bench that we need, and I'm sure RFM would add some impact playing in the front row rotation as well.

Lewis made some very basic mistakes today, but he is very tenacious in defence and I think his kicking and passing game could be a real bonus at dummy half.

No doubt there are some decisions many here wont agree with, but we have never seen this pack and bench run out before, so no one can actually say it will or wont work. What we can say though, is what we are currently doing is not working.

Thoughts?
Agree with Lewis then we can bring back Wakeham for rest of season as well as pissing off Lichaa & JMK forever.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, this is just my opinion on how I think our pack should look. There are many if, buts and maybes, but the current model is not working and needs to be changed up.

8. Ogden
9. Lewis (something else needs to be tried)
10. Fualalo (he is a big body and bends the line)
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Tolman

14. To'omaga
15. Elliot
16. Napa
17. RFM

I would have Fualalo and Ogden play out the first 20-30 mins and then replace them with Napa and Elliot.
I would then give Jackson and Tolman spell after 30 and replace them with RFM and To'omaga. This way these two can have a 10 min spell before half time, then a rest, and a 10-15 in the second half before being replaced by Jackson and Tolma to see out the game.

A lot of people bag Elliot, but he brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm, and in my opinion is better utilized off the bench.

Napa, To'omaga and RFM can also add that impact off the bench that we need, and I'm sure RFM would add some impact playing in the front row rotation as well.

Lewis made some very basic mistakes today, but he is very tenacious in defence and I think his kicking and passing game could be a real bonus at dummy half.

No doubt there are some decisions many here wont agree with, but we have never seen this pack and bench run out before, so no one can actually say it will or wont work. What we can say though, is what we are currently doing is not working.

Thoughts?
I'd go along with your forward pack, anyway worth a go, nothing ventured nothing gained, perhaps I may have a utility instead of Elliot in the team.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go along with your forward pack, anyway worth a go, nothing ventured nothing gained, perhaps I may have a utility instead of Elliot in the team.
I think lewis becomes the utility if need be.
But yeah, we really need to try something!!!