Is it our forward pack ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes.
Our pack, halves, interchange and backs.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst pack in the league coached by the worst coach in the league

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t get a roll on. Dummy half service is slow
Forwards get easily turned on their backs and there is no ‘urgency’ for quick play the balls.
No offloads
No ball play in ruck
Fullback doesn’t sniff around the ruck
Edge lines are straight at defenders
We are easily read by opposition
Some of our pack are spot defenders (opposition players run at them as they know they will land on their fronts and get a quick play the ball)
I could go on and on

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
An aggressive forward pack has always been our cornerstone and it always should be. We don't have that production line of big juniors coming through like we used to.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
We don’t tire out the opposition. Klemmer never offloaded and had a slow as shit play the ball...but it took three blokes to bring him down and buggered the opposition at least. Now, we get dominated so easily it’s a fucking training run for opposition forwards vs our current crop of crap

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I don't think we have the speed or footwork to threaten with the ball. Our wrestle had to be the worst in the nrl. We get dominated,opposition find their front easy . The balance of the team is wrong. Has been for years. To many of the same. CHN is the only different player who has footwork, that includes the backs

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have the speed or footwork to threaten with the ball. Our wrestle had to be the worst in the nrl. We get dominated,opposition find their front easy . The balance of the team is wrong. Has been for years. To many of the same. CHN is the only different player qhonhas footwork, that includes the backs
Jackson, Tolman, Elliott and C Smith essential off the exact same thing when you really only need one player like that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm split... When we had the best forward pack in the NRL we still struggled to make points but we were in the game

Now our backs and halves are supposedly upgraded and our forward pack downgraded but we are worse than ever..

Should we go back to investing in forwards again

I'm just so lost on what is wrong with our team
What's the common denominator? We still have a shit dummy half!
I think poor coaching and a complete lack of set plays is killing our team. Our forwards look big average because they constantly receive the ball flat footed and at the wrong time. At the same time our edges are getting the ball when we haven't been able to dominate the middle. We are just not creating any chances. The only time we ever look a chance is when Foran is leading the team around.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our forwards are poorly conditioned and many are really not that well suited to the modern game. I said it about Tolman a while back, the game is changing and he will be left behind. Yh his effort is fantastic and he can read the game well while in defence, but who the fuck cares when he gets dominated with every run and has no offload, footwork, ball playing ability or pace. Club should've worked on making has game more explosive or adding an extra dimension to it, him playing big minutes at the exact same snail place is useless.
Big rangy, fast forwards are the modern front rowers. We need speed - speed brings strength. Hit a defender at speed and you win the battle 90% of the time. Close to the line and it's try time.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bellamy was either going to make or break Kas and that is the type of mindset we're lacking at the club and why I have been against Pay from day 1. Players like To'omaga and Ogden fit the modern game with their leg drive and ability to break tackles and challenge the defence, yet the club simply didn't get them up to scratch and just let hem rot in reserves with the occasional call up. Bellamy would've smashed these blokes because he knows if he gets them up to scratch he's saving the club some coin and getting huge value out of them and potentially elevating them to a bigger role if a starter leaves for a big money offer. Fuck look at someone like Brandon Smith, bloke is a hooker but Bellamy has him performing better as a forward than our forwards lol.

People will keeping pulling excuse after excuse out of their dick holes to try and justify why Pay has failed, but the reality is that there are things that should've been happening from day one yet simply didn't. Working on our fitness, defensive systems, attacking systems... A lot of this is not reliant on individual talent and more to do with working hard and effectively as a unit off the back of good preparation.
Yeah well said and very true. But some individual talent would of got us over the line in a few games though.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm split... When we had the best forward pack in the NRL we still struggled to make points but we were in the game

Now our backs and halves are supposedly upgraded and our forward pack downgraded but we are worse than ever..

Should we go back to investing in forwards again

I'm just so lost on what is wrong with our team
Our backs and halves are worse then they have been for some time. Barba Rona Morris’s Perrett Lafai.
Hodkinson and Reynolds form got them to origin.
All of the above have played for their country or Origin whether it be in Union or league.

DWZ Smith and Hoppa are the only 3 that can compare to any of the above.

Understand Hodkinson and Reynolds’s careers are over now but still at the time we’re playing well.

Our forwards are sad these days when you include what we had on the bench 3-4 years ago. Does should have brought us a premiership with what he had.