Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How f#@king dumb do we look right now, getting ride of Hasler for Pay.
Hasler misses the finals once in his whole career and we sack him for a rookie coach, knowing the challenges ahead!

Political posturing and infighting at a board level has always been the thing that has stopped us from being the true power house we should be.
This is the biggest shit show in the history of our club.

We need a clean out and rebuild of Board, CEO and Coach.
And no one from the old board are welcome.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

James Hooper says Kevin Walters is firming for vacant Titans coaching post
Mark St John, FOX SPORTS
July 25, 2019 12:04pm

James Hooper believes key Titans powerbrokers have identified Queensland mentor Kevin Walters as their preferred next Titans coach.

The Gold Coast are currently undergoing an interview process, but Hooper has backed Walters to be the coach as early as the end of this week.

“I know that Kevvie has said publicly that he doesn’t want to tip his hat and be part of an audition process and he doesn’t want to be interviewed for the position.

“But I get the feeling powerbrokers at the Titans behind the scenes have identified Kevvie as their key target and I think they want to make it happen.

“I think it might come to fruition by the end of this week or early next week.”

If Walters is appointed it would put an end to the much publicised interview process, which has thrown up names including Walters, Justin Holbrook and the Walker brothers.

However Hooper believes Walters is in the box seat despite public denials of interest.

“They have formed the committee of Mal Meninga, Darryl Kelly and Dennis Watt and behind the scenes they have obviously been hitting the phones,” Hooper said.

“They have been canvassing candidates and speaking to some of the key people involved.

“I think it is down to Kevin Walters and Justin Holbrook and I think Kevvie is the preferred option.”

Veteran journalist Paul Kent believes Walters’ public denials were a smokescreen to remove himself from the public auditions for the role.

Walters has previously missed out on the Broncos role, after extensive and public interview processes.

“Kevvie has played it perfectly. He didn’t want to become part of an auction,” Kent said.

“He just said if you want me come and get me, but I’m not going to go through all the hoops you need to find a coach.

“They did it last time and it spat out Garth Brennan even though he wasn’t part of the interview process.

“If they think Kevin is the best guy then give him the job.”

“I still get the feeling that Kevin Walters is firming by the day as the man most likely to take over and lead the Titans into a new era,” Hooper told NRL 360.
Sounds like Hooper is doing alot of thinking and not alot of knowing!
These Journos are just guessing they dont know sh#t!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Challenge cup is on with St. Helens On 502 right now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lachlan Coote has declared he’s the best coach he’s ever had. Wait for Elliott to say same for Dud makenus Pay

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How f#@king dumb do we look right now, getting ride of Hasler for Pay.
Hasler misses the finals once in his whole career and we sack him for a rookie coach, knowing the challenges ahead!

Political posturing and infighting at a board level has always been the thing that has stopped us from being the true power house we should be.
This is the biggest shit show in the history of our club.

We need a clean out and rebuild of Board, CEO and Coach.
And no one from the old board are welcome.
When you say no one from the old board are welcomed do you mean the current board or the previous one which gave Hasler the power he wanted so that he could back end contracts in order to make the top and get his bonuses, which has now left us in a salary cap mess.
About a clean out of players you obviously haven't realized just how hard it has been to recruit players, because of our poor showing, perhaps our coach, but also all the outside forces which are against our club.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he choses us over the titans, it's not going to do his career any good going there as opposed to us where he can build a team of his choice more or less.
Biggest problem is that the Titans job is the only NRL head coaching gig currently available.

Officially that is...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When did gc say they were announcing there new coach ??
Next Week some time.

What evidence do you have for this ? Or is this just another made up theory of yours.
Kevin Moore - Ex Bulldogs coach. Made way for Hasler from memory.
Ben Anderson - Got shafted by our club after a shit attempt to coach juniors.

Both then went on to work for (the now liquidated) Anderson Recruitment owned by Chris Anderson. Kevin Moore was also a director in that business. Ben was Recruitment Manager.

Both now unemployed as of mid June along with Chris Anderson.

You'd have to be naive if you DIDN'T think both have been considered for the Pay coaching job..... the question is if the Andersons could get away with it undetected.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Both then went on to work for (the now liquidated) Anderson Recruitment owned by Chris Anderson. Kevin Moore was also a director in that business. Ben was Recruitment Manager.

You'd have to be naive if you DIDN'T think both have been considered for the Pay coaching job..... the question is if the Andersons could get away with it undetected.
Please! The naive one is you believing whispers from a certain former board member.

There is no way Kevin Moore will ever coach the Bulldogs NRL side again or Ben Anderson will ever coach the Bulldogs NRL side.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Next Week some time.

I bumped into a journo last night who told me that they are trying to bring Ben Anderson in as an assistant coach to help Pay which might happen any time now.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bumped into a journo last night who told me that they are trying to bring Ben Anderson in as an assistant coach to help Pay which might happen any time now.
Was that jurno wedelier

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard the same thing as well from a journo and i wont name names but if this is the case the andersons are kidding and have only themselves interests at heart

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If it’s true then the board needs the bullet asap

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly think we’ve missed out on hoolbrook. Apparently kevis in talks of extending with Queensland ?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was that jurno wedelier
Hahaha nah mate... somebody a bit more respectable who appears regularly on Fox. I think the rumour is true but surely they wake up to themselves cause that’s not going to help.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard the same thing as well from a journo and i wont name names but if this is the case the andersons are kidding and have only themselves interests at heart
Yeah I agree I don’t see how that’s going to help at all.

Banned
Reaction score
Can't help but ponder the legality of a boards rulings, if a member is probably illegible to be sitting upon it/acting out of a vested personal interest contrary to the company they're supposed to be acting for.