Lendlease bails on constructing new football stadium

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How can this not be a political discussion?
Because it always turns into ..

"Liberals waste money ... typical breaking promises"
"Well ALP aren't much better either"
*and thread then ends up way off topic*

This threads about the stadium looking for a new builder after Lendlease got greedy, asked for more money than was allocated, and have been told to go.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because it always turns into ..

"Liberals waste money ... typical breaking promises"
"Well ALP aren't much better either"
*and thread then ends up way off topic*

This threads about the stadium looking for a new builder after Lendlease got greedy, asked for more money than was allocated, and have been told to go.
I don't take sides politically. They're all fucked. I was just having a whinge about how annoying it is to live in Sydney and how they've made things way worse, not better.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't take sides politically. They're all fucked. I was just having a whinge about how annoying it is to live in Sydney and how they've made things way worse, not better.
That said I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Some absolutely cracking hidden gems in Sydney.

Banned
Reaction score
Just hope they don't hand it over to a Chinese developer or some shit like that.
Reports post to MrI for breaching the request for this thread to remain non political! ;)
There's a reason it's oft called Shitney.
Resident satisfaction rating must be at a bloody low level.
As for governance, both are as useless as each other.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixating on building something this big for a certain dollar figure is destined to end up with something slapped together by Bodgy Bobs concreting, corners cut everywhere.

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe if the government didn't privatise everything, they could actually manage things like civil works and build something themselves!
Useless short sighted pricks.

Banned
Reaction score
Typical Lebo's thinking everything is ALL about them :P

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope this stadium does not get rebuilt. I could care less what they do with the land, but going to that location for footy games is a massive PITA.

I mean sure, if it does get built I am sure it will be an insanely great stadium. But I would much rather that insanely great stadium be somewhere more accessible.. like Olympic Park.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They shouldn't worry about building a new stadium.
The roosters only get 8000 at a game and thats there supporters from out west.

The east roosters supporters are too busy being weirdo queer!
You mean they are just gender fluid??
:grinning:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know there is a lot to say about getting older and becoming visually impaired..... when I first glanced at the title thread I read Lendlease bails as Lebanese balls :grinning: LOL I guess it's time for a new set of specs.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Fixating on building something this big for a certain dollar figure is destined to end up with something slapped together by Bodgy Bobs concreting, corners cut everywhere.
You've just described every building development in Sydney for the last ten years. Commercial and Residential. :-)

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Not really. Tenders are publically open and whoever puts forth the best tender wins.

There was a tender for the knockdown and (maybe) clearup, and one for the rebuild.

Lendlease put in for both tenders, but wanted more money for the rebuild than the government wants to allocate for the project.

Gladys Berejiklian’s government is on the back foot after a firm that knocked down Sydney’s Allianz stadium refused to rebuild the venue for the amount of money on offer from the government.
The
New South Wales government is searching for another company to rebuild the stadium after Lendlease rejected its offer. The total budget for knocking down and rebuilding Allianz stadium at Moore Park is $729m.
The NSW sports minister, John Sidoti, on Friday said Lendlease’s stage two offer “did not meet the government’s expectations so we are looking for another builder in a competitive market”.
It is understood Lendlease did bid for the construction phase but the government wanted the company to do the work for less money.

On Saturday, amid criticism from the opposition and the Greens, Sidoti tried to ease concerns by saying the stadium would still be completed by early 2022.
“The NSW government always delivers on its promises and we will deliver the Sydney Football stadium on time and on budget,” he said. “In a competitive market, we will find the best deal for the people of NSW and work is under way to find a builder.
“The project has always been split into two stages of demolition and construction.”
Word from some consultant mates is the demo docs were finalized in the initial tender, but the design docs weren’t...and when the Govt did finalize them lendlease basically said fuck off that’s way more than we tendered on...

Massive clusterfuck for a project that didn’t need to happen lol

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
That had to get it in before the election...

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess what ANZ stadium is the same situation booked partial demo after the SOO but there no contract for the refrebishment.