The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are all in the wars, frequently struck down with depression fighting mishandled Government fiasco.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im feeling crap brothers. Last year i had 7 surgeries on my eyes to try and save my vision. Laser, lens replacement , laser..fn laser procedure. Not i have been told i have a tumor on back of eye. Im shattered. Feel fn like packing it all in. I have 3 choices. Surgery where they remove the eye while still connected via optic nerve and try and remove the tumor.Which i said no way. 2nd is chemo. 3rd is do nothing. I have decided on option 3 at moment cause im scared shitless. You all here are fn awesome so thanks for just listening.
Fuck bro, I just seen your post now.

I know it's easier said than done but don't give up my bro. Fight the good fight. We are here for you whenever you need us.

PS any updates since the post?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck dude that's hardcore ,fair enough to be scared don't know what to say but vent away brother
Thanks mate, first reaction is to punch a hole in the wall or kick the table over. Once you get over this shock you just need to fight on.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What health insurance cover do you have?
Look into cutting edge options.
Yet seriously, do something, rather than nothing, hoping it will go away, as you full well know it will not!
I do to an extent understand, 3x surgeries as an infant to save my sight and laser surgery to repair a tear in my dominant eye a few years ago.
No health insurance, yeah after time to think about I am going to go on medication next week. As you said when it comes to the eyes it really does scare the crap out of you as you know that they cant replace them.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gees mate, that's a shit hand indeed to get. Life can be a cruel mistress at times.

Chemo is a ****. Grandfather had it when he was still alive and it belts you around. I know there are different types, but they all do the same thing...kill cells.

Have they even confirmed it's malignant, not benign? Have they ruled out radiology?

I do know of someone that had a brain tumor sitting right behind his eye. Dr Teo operated and got it all.

Don't "do nothing", as if it pushes on the optic nerve because it grows, to will lose your sight.

As harsh as it sounds, the operation sounds like the best option.

Whatever the choice I wish you the best of outcomes.

Thanks Mr I, yeah im over the pissed off stage and will seek some second opinions on best options moving forward. Thanks for your words mate.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck bro, I just seen your post now.

I know it's easier said than done but don't give up my bro. Fight the good fight. We are here for you whenever you need us.

PS any updates since the post?
thanks bro , I was really fucked up and pissed off with the news. Kind of calmed down a bit now but it does mess up your mind up and hard to stay focused.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks bro , I was really fucked up and pissed off with the news. Kind of calmed down a bit now but it does mess up your mind up and hard to stay focused.
Fucking oath it would be brother unfortunately life deals some fucked up cruel shit that's not fucking fair at all .
I donts want to overstep no line brother but do you gots a go fund me page or is it something we could organize on through the help of the kennel and try to help out some how some way ?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking oath it would be brother unfortunately life deals some fucked up cruel shit that's not fucking fair at all .
I donts want to overstep no line brother but do you gots a go fund me page or is it something we could organize on through the help of the kennel and try to help out some how some way ?
Thats a huge thing, but you know mate just having some good people on here who care is more important to me. I m gonna get through this and will be around laughing and smiling at the end.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats a huge thing, but you know mate just having some good people on here who care is more important to me. I m gonna get through this and will be around laughing and smiling at the end.
Fucking oath you will brother, but you got a lot on your plate if we can rally the troops and do something raise something to help take some pressure off .you say the fucking word bro, it's no charity it's the kennel family trying to help even if it's a little bit.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Dogsville how you travelling my bro?
Im doing ok bro....im starting on some chemo medication. Feel a bit ill. You ok bro??
Actually only positive is u dont feel interested in watching any Dogs games Thanks Assassin for asking, means a lot mate

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im doing ok bro....im starting on some chemo medication. Feel a bit ill. You ok bro??
Actually only positive is u dont feel interested in watching any Dogs games Thanks Assassin for asking, means a lot mate
It's the least I can do brother. This joint has been helping me since 2012 when I got sick.

I came to this site for the Dogs but I stay for the good folk on here.

Good luck with chemo bro, I had a session to help with my rejection (More of a let's try and see what happens) it's done the job so far.

You and your family have been and will be in my prayers.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stay strong mate. We are all thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Much love!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s positive mate, hopefully the chemo does the trick and shrinks the tumour enough to make sure the surgery is a safer option.

Hopefully the side effects also settle down soon and make life a bit more bearable also...

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s positive mate, hopefully the chemo does the trick and shrinks the tumour enough to make sure the surgery is a safer option.

Hopefully the side effects also settle down soon and make life a bit more bearable also...
Thanks mate. Yes the side effects are crap but have to push through.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

Good luck and I hope you can remain positive throughout the process.

If your anything like your avatar picture you will tough it out and beat this.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
R U OK... or more correctly.... AM I OK.....I'd have to say .... I'm not really sure.

It's never nice to feel bullied in life... in particular in areas and from people you never expect it from.

Like, you dedicate so much of your time and effort into things, and you get kicked to the kerb in regards to it, without even a thanks.