Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely digging the new Alterbridge track ... best played stupidly loud on a good system.

Love the tempo changes and the riffs.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Devildriver are touring here in August with All That Remains. Shame as i would have gone but i've really gone off both bands. Liked both bands earlier stuff but both bands later albums have been pretty sub par at best.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Devildriver are touring here in August with All That Remains. Shame as i would have gone but i've really gone off both bands. Liked both bands earlier stuff but both bands later albums have been pretty sub par at best.
Latest ATR record isn't that bad tbh. Sucker for some DD. Clouds Over California is still huge.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latest ATR record isn't that bad tbh. Sucker for some DD. Clouds Over California is still huge.
I haven't heard ATR newest album yet but was told they have kind of gone back to their metalcore roots. Old Devildriver, as you mentioned Clouds over California, Swinging The Dead, End Of The Line, Hold Back The Day that's the stuff I liked.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like Lacuna Coil have taken a heavier approach with some Prog mixed in

And new Agonist sounds exactly like the Agonist

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably not everyones thing but sharing anyway. Lets see if I can find something for everyone in this drop.

I think I might be able to cater for Mitch Connor 's prog/hardcore tastes, and @Ted Nü-Djent 's tastes with War of Ages, the deathcore track, or Demon Hunter.

Pretty sure I'll have covered something for everyone else.

Found all these by firing up Youtube, clicking a few tracks, and then refreshing the main page for recommended.

Of Mice and Men

Not really metal, but I'm digging the new Volbeat track.

If you are longing for some heavy as fuck deathcore.... Shadow of Intent.

@Ted Nü-Djent I think you *might* like this one.... if nothing above.. although the cleans have me worried.

War of Ages - love the solo.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Something abit different..

Any of the guitar guys here have any gear they are interested in selling? Pedals and shit?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone do Spotify on here - I’m that fucking outraged by the “new” update!!!

I’m looking into Tidal and Apple Music - anyone have any thoughts? I know Tidal have the FLAC option but at $20/month it’s too steep.

The new UI on Spotify sucks balls, thinking about doing the Apple 3 month free trial but I’ve got so much content on Spotify, the thought of re-creating that freaks me the fuck out...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something abit different..

Any of the guitar guys here have any gear they are interested in selling? Pedals and shit?
Probs not what you’re looking for but I’ve got a vox ac10 for sale, and a line 6 pod hd500x floorboard

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m looking into Tidal and Apple Music - anyone have any thoughts? I know Tidal have the FLAC option but at $20/month it’s too steep.

The new UI on Spotify sucks balls, thinking about doing the Apple 3 month free trial but I’ve got so much content on Spotify, the thought of re-creating that freaks me the fuck out...
I have google play music. I tried out Spotify and Apple music but just couldn't get used to them after using GPM for so long.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Mine hasn't changed yet. Are you ios or android?

Ps. I'm excited as fk that Tool is finally going to be on streaming services

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine hasn't changed yet. Are you ios or android?

Ps. I'm excited as fk that Tool is finally going to be on streaming services
I’m guessing Tool won’t become available until tomorrow in Australia. I keep checking but nothing yet. I’m so fucking keen for the new album. It sure as fuck has some hype to live up to though lol

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gonna be a top year for music. I am super psyched for Tool, Opeth and Slipknot.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Opiate down, into Undertow now on SPOTIFY :hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking finally all up on Apple Music. So good! Hopefully they’ll drop a new single soon