Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For a moment i thought tge title was Lebanese bails on the construction lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keep it knocked down. The 9 Roosters fans that go every week will get over it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol no shocks here.

New south fails slogan should be "neither enthusiastic or shocked"
In all seriousness, why don't they just build another stadium similar to Bankwest? That cost about 350m? Do they Waratahs, Sydney FC and Roosters even get crowds bigger than 30k?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In all seriousness, why don't they just build another stadium similar to Bankwest? That cost about 350m? Do they Waratahs, Sydney FC and Roosters even get crowds bigger than 30k?
They shouldn't worry about building a new stadium.
The roosters only get 8000 at a game and thats there supporters from out west.

The east roosters supporters are too busy being weirdo queer!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Trust at the SCG has flogs like Alan Jones who pressured the government to build a stadium in the east for the Wallabies with all the bells and whistles like under ground car parks and fancy corporate areas. Its double the price of Bankwest for only 20K more seats.

You're spot on the best option is a stadium like Bankwest at the SFS site and the knock down and rebuild ANZ.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put more money into the SFS now and nothing will happen to ANZ.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The Trust at the SCG has flogs like Alan Jones who pressured the government to build a stadium in the east for the Wallabies with all the bells and whistles like under ground car parks and fancy corporate areas. Its double the price of Bankwest for only 20K more seats.

You're spot on the best option is a stadium like Bankwest at the SFS site and the knock down and rebuild ANZ.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put more money into the SFS now and nothing will happen to ANZ.
Are you employed by the NSF government? If not you need to be hired a promoted immediately!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I reckon I could have done the destruction part of it and for only $40,000

after seeing 9/11, all you need to do is set it on fire and it will come down automatically

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh it's a joke really. ANZ is the one that needed to major rebuild considering how much more traffic it gets, easy as piss to get to also.

Bankwest looks awesome, just went by it before and will probably be going back for the game later with the free tickets I got from my barber. Does feel weird going to a Parra game despite not even going to a dogs game this year....but it's free and I want to see the stadium haha

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This story is not absolutely true. Lend Lease did not "bail" at all. They were punted by the Government as they couldnt comply
with what was required. Good story though.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Its amazing how the voice of one selfish android liberal, white washes the voice of many.

I posted this story in a group on facebook and one liberal got his nose out of joint.

Obviously the sellout unaustralian sack of shit is going to cash in off this scam!

Most Sydney residents are just awaiting to hear that they have plans to throw ugly apartment buildings in place of the old SFS.

I get the feeling a majority of people are going to call for a revolution but not realise they are 20 years too late.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can we keep the political comments out of this, or I'll just close the thread.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

This story is not absolutely true. Lend Lease did not "bail" at all. They were punted by the Government as they couldnt comply
with what was required. Good story though.
They were punted by the NSW government because they've been dragging the chain, and the costs were starting to blow out dramatically.... so contract was terminated.

I wonder who gets it now?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously theres someone who works for the government who is also on the board of directors at lendlease?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously theres someone who works for the government who is also on the board of directors at lendlease?
Not really. Tenders are publically open and whoever puts forth the best tender wins.

There was a tender for the knockdown and (maybe) clearup, and one for the rebuild.

Lendlease put in for both tenders, but wanted more money for the rebuild than the government wants to allocate for the project.

Gladys Berejiklian’s government is on the back foot after a firm that knocked down Sydney’s Allianz stadium refused to rebuild the venue for the amount of money on offer from the government.
The
New South Wales government is searching for another company to rebuild the stadium after Lendlease rejected its offer. The total budget for knocking down and rebuilding Allianz stadium at Moore Park is $729m.
The NSW sports minister, John Sidoti, on Friday said Lendlease’s stage two offer “did not meet the government’s expectations so we are looking for another builder in a competitive market”.
It is understood Lendlease did bid for the construction phase but the government wanted the company to do the work for less money.

On Saturday, amid criticism from the opposition and the Greens, Sidoti tried to ease concerns by saying the stadium would still be completed by early 2022.
“The NSW government always delivers on its promises and we will deliver the Sydney Football stadium on time and on budget,” he said. “In a competitive market, we will find the best deal for the people of NSW and work is under way to find a builder.
“The project has always been split into two stages of demolition and construction.”

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
One of the other big players Multiplex, Laing O'rourke etc. will pick it up and complete it.

Went to bankwest for the aleague WsW v Leeds game, there isn't a bad seat in the place, great stadium next year will be great with it as our home ground

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Shame given Lendlease by all reports did a superb job on Bankwest. I wonder though if they cranked their price up as a result.

Just hope they don't hand it over to a Chinese developer or some shit like that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can this not be a political discussion?Forget the stadium for a second, the whole city is in constant construction that never gets completed. The place is a warzone. But hey, it's okay, they're building "tomorrows" Sydney.. Except tomorrow is thirty years from now.

I'm still waiting for this tram line that no one wanted or will use to be completed. Kensington is a ghost town now with most businesses shut and it's still not finalised. Good thing they ruined thousands of peoples lives sending them bankrupt by boarding the whole suburb so no one goes to their shops.

This city was a complete clusterfuck before all of this construction and now it's a thousand times worse. The constant roadworks with 30 people standing around doing nothing or apartment complexes being built that end up being faulty are proof that these corrupt ***** are getting massive payoffs from handing out all of these contracts where nothing ever gets done but everyone gets paid.