Andrew Johns sees Kieran Foran as a perfect fit for the Broncos

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to Dean Pay on CH9 news, Foran ain't going anywhere. When asked, Pay looked bemused about the rumour that they were shopping him around and said..."Definitely not...1st I've heard of it!"
Pay also thinks his job is safe

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Won’t happen.

Firstly, yes he would be a great fit for the broncos if fit, if fit.
But then again name me 5 teams that he wouldn’t be a good fit for if fit?

Secondly, nice guy wants to be close to his family and be in Sydney. Wasn’t that the big thing when he was searching for a contract two years ago? Why would he move to Brisbane when he can stay here at the dogs?

Unless, it’s a longer term big money deal. Fuck, even two years. Can you really see broncos management gambling on him for two years given they have a similar situation with Boyd being useless on big money?

Broncos would only take him on a 12 month deal, but the scenario and situation doesn’t pass the deep thinking test.

Nasheed.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the Dogs were not shopping him around. $1.2 million. Heck. Foran knows football but no longer has the body capable of exploiting the opportunities his brain sees. The latest busted hamstring is the classic example. He knew how the break the defensive line but tore his hamstring in doing it.I admire the bloke’s toughness, courage and football skills. But his body can no longer support his undeniable talent. $1.2 million, just unbelieble. I can only wonder what impact he would have had with Hasler’s forward pack, Reynolds and the Morris twins.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So we'd have to pay 700k out of 1.2m which would put $500k in the cap. The only reason I'd see for doing this is that they desperately want to sign someone currently off contract before they resign or another club takes them. The only 3 players that I want who are currently off contract are Oates, Turpin and Welch. If moving Foran on made it possible to wrap 1 of these players up then i'd be all for it. I don't know how much truth is in the Foran story tho. I also wouldn't sign anyone until we find out what is happening with the Trbojevic brothers, since if they don't resign before November 1st then they obviously are not as loyal as people say and want to see what other offers they get (signing someone like Oates for 700k could possibly hinder that deal).

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was actually good at parra till he coped the season ending injury , and had them firing well within the top 4 before they got done with cap scandal.
But what Joey said about broncos being a good fit for him is not earth shattering , what is earth shattering is that these so called experts act like these halves of the modern era are superstars.
Halves are nothing without a dominant pack and without high quality backs that can run lines
it doesnt matter what the experts say because they will never admit they where wrong it will be a bail out of a fake injury or personal reasons we where bever going to get just a ok full season from foran