Andrew Johns sees Kieran Foran as a perfect fit for the Broncos

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Foran plays like a $1m player. Just isn't on the field enough which at least halves his value (I don't even think he's even played half the games since being at the Bulldogs). When you're the most important player in the team and a lot of combinations run off you it just isn't good enough. For Foran to stay in the game he had to develop into a controlling half imo which it's evident that isn't something he wants to do, as well all know his body is busted and this possibly could of kept him on the field longer.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... and that’s why they say drugs are no good for the brain.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Still on the drugs I see. There was never an argument that the bloke can play, the argument is that the bloke is on about $100,000 per game ($1.2m for about 12 games per year).

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran would be a perfect fit at the Groncos or Manly, but i cant see any of it coming to fruition

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Summary: Dogs forwards are fucking shit and need to go forward more to make room for Foran.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This must be disheartening for our forwards.
One of the best minds in the game thinks your shit.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
According to Dean Pay on CH9 news, Foran ain't going anywhere. When asked, Pay looked bemused about the rumour that they were shopping him around and said..."Definitely not...1st I've heard of it!"

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summary: Dogs forwards are fucking shit and need to go forward more to make room for Foran.
Playing behind a top pack of forwards, should be easier on Foran body, and if he was to adjust his game to be a game manager instead of running the ball, he would contribute a lot more to a team like the broncos than to us.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Joey Johns: See drugs fries brain cells.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He must really hate the Broncs

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

A John's also sees pink pigs fly over Newcastle every Friday and Saturday nights .

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
foran has been shit since manly days, youd have thought that after the parra failure teams would have learnt

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Joey's a fucken hammerhead.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A John's also sees pink pigs fly over Newcastle every Friday and Saturday nights .
I’m sure There’s more truth in that than you’d think

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And I see Ponga as the perfect fit for the Bulldogs you fuckwit

Bring him down

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, Foran with those big and growing Broncos fowards in support would have a field day.

With Oates from the back field and Milford running amuck from fullback would be a force.

Plus we could throw another 600-700k back into to our cap. Win win
With his injuries keeping him off the field, and his age, Foran is too expensive for any club but the one that is stuck with him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
"I think with the right players around him and especially the right edge forwards, I've watched him closely, this year especially, and a lot of times he's going to the line but the players outside him aren't complementing what he's doing," Johns said.

He is definitely right there. We dont seem to have players that can run good lines and hit holes.
Watching the Tigers game, I was impressed with how players follow through supporting everyone with the ball. All I see at the Dogs is a player making a break, then looking for a support player to put them under the posts, but our team is too busy waiting for the next play, or taking a breather.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
foran has been shit since manly days, youd have thought that after the parra failure teams would have learnt
He was actually good at parra till he coped the season ending injury , and had them firing well within the top 4 before they got done with cap scandal.
But what Joey said about broncos being a good fit for him is not earth shattering , what is earth shattering is that these so called experts act like these halves of the modern era are superstars.
Halves are nothing without a dominant pack and without high quality backs that can run lines