Pay has to go because he cannot attract decent players

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There may not be cash now but there is in 2021. If some people think that waiting until this time next year is the best way to get the players we want for 2021 then they're kidding themselves. Marquee players will be long gone by that time. The coach must be gone before Nov so the players know who they are playing under when discussing the contract. If that answer is Dean Pay they will consider every other offer first. The moves we need to make for 2021 are now and that's the coach. Makes no sense at all to let Pay go and spend the war chest on players he wants then turf him for 2021 and that coach get's Dean's team. Isn't this simple, I think it is?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
when you have 30 crap players nothing much a coach can do
Plenty of sporting moments have been created by underdog teams when they believe in themselves and have good leadership. We could be better then we are, we are underachieving and not improving. That is on the head of all of them.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just lol.

The Board literally addressed the fan base and community last year stating that due to gross mismanagement of the cap by previous administration - our ability to recruit will be severely limited until 2021. Not because we can’t attract, but because we literally do not currently have the cap space. Hence why our recruitment for this year was largely other clubs scraps/reserve graders. This is the reality of the situation, and the Board spelled it out to everyone last year, clear as anything.

Why is it so hard for members of this forum to accept reality?
Are you still on here lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes Horse, but there will be at least 1 player (and you can't say none) that won't sign because of our coach. To what extent, I don't know. Many more for other reasons. I believe we also can't attract a good coach currently because of our situation. There are a lot of layers to this.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
can you imagine this, im not saying its happened, but it wouldnt surprise me of our board and recruitment people, 2 issues low ball offers due to limited cap and the love affair with keeping rubbish for much longer then they should and the coach for next season

a player and his manager come look at the club, all going well until the 1 question gets asked, who will be the bulldogs coach next season, would the board answer saying we will have dean pay for another season, or say we dont know if we are going to have a coach,

either way not a good answer if they even respond

player and manager gone through the place like what they see, talk money and dogs low ball thinking adding a few dollars 5 to 10k onto what they already on be enough to come to the dogs, or relocate and come to dogs to be coached by dean pay,

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just lol.

The Board literally addressed the fan base and community last year stating that due to gross mismanagement of the cap by previous administration - our ability to recruit will be severely limited until 2021. Not because we can’t attract, but because we literally do not currently have the cap space. Hence why our recruitment for this year was largely other clubs scraps/reserve graders. This is the reality of the situation, and the Board spelled it out to everyone last year, clear as anything.

Bang on. I was in the room when they said it.
They’ve never altered from this message.
It’s painful and seems like an eternity but we will rise again. Pay is not for the future, that much is obvious, but only minor improvements can be expected before 2021. Thanks Habib Dib for betting the farm on a $10.5m cap which turned out to be $9.5m. Combine that with back-ended deals and ratchet clauses and here we are. Quality management. Muppets.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
can you imagine this, im not saying its happened, but it wouldnt surprise me of our board and recruitment people, 2 issues low ball offers due to limited cap and the love affair with keeping rubbish for much longer then they should and the coach for next season

a player and his manager come look at the club, all going well until the 1 question gets asked, who will be the bulldogs coach next season, would the board answer saying we will have dean pay for another season, or say we dont know if we are going to have a coach,

either way not a good answer if they even respond

player and manager gone through the place like what they see, talk money and dogs low ball thinking adding a few dollars 5 to 10k onto what they already on be enough to come to the dogs, or relocate and come to dogs to be coached by dean pay,
Can you imagine if disgruntled family members of the previous board came on here and made up make believe scenarios and then used those same make believe scenarios to criticise the board. Wouldn’t that be amazing and unbelievable.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just lol.

Some on here need to come up for some fresh air, or have a look outside the window, or desperately find some other interests.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is not great, but he isn't terrible either. Had a few good moments early on, but he sure as fuck is not a winger!!!
I agree mate. He is not a winger, but yet Pay keeps putting him there. He will get slaughtered tommorow.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
When you go out to get a prostitute with $25 in your wallet, you aren't going to get much quality. That's what Pay started with.

We may have more money now and after the season, but you can't chase anyone until November now anyway. There were not many midseason changes this year across the NRL and we got 1. I think DWZ was a good start to rebuilding. We obviously need more signings so for me how we line up next year will be very telling. Even for me Pay only gets a free pass this year and last. If we don't make the 8 next year heads should roll imo, not just his