Holbrook cannot come soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You guys talk as if you know football. Excuse me but our Board are better placed than any of you. I put trust in my Board. You talk of coaches being good or bad. Ok lets look at Sticky at Cronulla fail. Sticky at Eels fail. Sticky at Canberra success, Bennett at Knights fail. Bennett at St Merge success. Bennett at Broncos success and fail and sacked. Hasler at Dogs success and fail and sacked. Maybe the roster which changes every year has more to do with a coaches success than you guys want to believe. At the beginning of the year Dogs were favourite for the spoon, despite a strong finish to the end of last season. Yes its turning out true. Is that more a reflection on the Coach or the roster?
You guys would kick your mother out if she made you a crap dinner 3 nights in a row. Me, Id say thanks Mum for making dinner.
Robinson and Bennett ARE NOT HOLBROOK. Deans the Boards appointment. I stick with my Boards decision. If they punt Dean Im with them. They know more than me. I dont pretend to be the conveyor of all wisdom like you monkeys.
#DeanPayBulldogsCoach #Talkthecoachup
Lmao are you lyn Anderson or Chris whos about to go bankrupt.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys talk as if you know football. Excuse me but our Board are better placed than any of you. I put trust in my Board. You talk of coaches being good or bad. Ok lets look at Sticky at Cronulla fail. Sticky at Eels fail. Sticky at Canberra success, Bennett at Knights fail. Bennett at St Merge success. Bennett at Broncos success and fail and sacked. Hasler at Dogs success and fail and sacked. Maybe the roster which changes every year has more to do with a coaches success than you guys want to believe. At the beginning of the year Dogs were favourite for the spoon, despite a strong finish to the end of last season. Yes its turning out true. Is that more a reflection on the Coach or the roster?
You guys would kick your mother out if she made you a crap dinner 3 nights in a row. Me, Id say thanks Mum for making dinner.
Robinson and Bennett ARE NOT HOLBROOK. Deans the Boards appointment. I stick with my Boards decision. If they punt Dean Im with them. They know more than me. I dont pretend to be the conveyor of all wisdom like you monkeys.
Unless you've changed I remember one exact glendoggies who acted to be the conveyor of all wisdom

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dean Pay is a fucking shit coach and makes me sick to my stomach.

His incompetence as a coach is indefensible.

The damage he is doing to this club is beyond comprehension andi people are instead happy to sit around and watch Rome Burn.

This is Pay supporters in a nut shell:

upload_2019-7-26_1-14-55.png

Lmao are you lyn Anderson or Chris whos about to go bankrupt.
Game, Set and Match seven07

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If that's not enough, maybe losses to Panthers (fighting to stay in 8) and Tigers will convince the board.
Else the week after when Rabbitohs might throw another 50 our way.
If he survives the above then it's up to the Eels (currently 6th) to finish him.
If the ***** still hanging around after the embarassment of the above, then we can only hope the Cowboys and Broncos put the final nail in the coffin.

That's an excuse. We have capable players. We have players with potential. We HAD other players with potential that we lost thanks to this coach.

We just don't have a coach that can get the best out of them. Our roster just needs a bit of fine tuning in a few positions (e.g hooker).

All the time wasted on sticking with Pay for a rebuild, will hurt us more come 2021 when we have a "so called" warchest, yet a shitty 2 year flop in performance and a flog as a coach. By that time we are damaged goods, and we will not have someone like Holbrook who we can spruik as our coach. You'll just end up with the same shitcunt Pay and the same bullshit signings like fucking Adam Elliott extended for 4 years on $500k a season.
I see what you're saying, but I honestly look at our squad compared to everyone else's and based of that we're sitting right where we should be. The reason we have Pay is because no one else wanted to take the risk with our squad or no one was available (pretty unlikely). I think playing Titans is 50/50 while we're under dogs in every other game yet we have 5 wins. I don't want to be where we are and it's very demotivating when NRL and the Bulldogs are a big part of our lives, but until we can have a roster overhaul and coach, a top coach, this is where we're. If we don't sign multiple players for next season then next season is also a write off. I think the team/players (not everyone of them, but the majority) are as bad (by bad I'm just comparing to the NRL average) as the coach. I hate saying it, but it's what it is. I blame the board, coach and players. Not just Pay.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but I honestly look at our squad compared to everyone else's and based of that we're sitting right where we should be. The reason we have Pay is because no one else wanted to take the risk with our squad or no one was available (pretty unlikely). I think playing Titans is 50/50 while we're under dogs in every other game yet we have 5 wins. I don't want to be where we are and it's very demotivating when NRL and the Bulldogs are a big part of our lives, but until we can have a roster overhaul and coach, a top coach, this is where we're. If we don't sign multiple players for next season then next season is also a write off. I think the team/players (not everyone of them, but the majority) are as bad (by bad I'm just comparing to the NRL average) as the coach. I hate saying it, but it's what it is. I blame the board, coach and players. Not just Pay.
The reason we have Pay (currently next year), is because our board shit the bed and rushed into renewing his contract thinking it would attract signings. Pay initially was a Dib & Co signing (from memory) after Hasler was sacked.

Problem is it's done the exact opposite, and now will make them complete hypocrites if they sack Pay (considering the massive song and dance they made about Dib & Co with Hasler).

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The reason we have Pay (currently next year), is because our board shit the bed and rushed into renewing his contract thinking it would attract signings. Pay initially was a Dib & Co signing (from memory) after Hasler was sacked.

Problem is it's done the exact opposite, and now will make them complete hypocrites if they sack Pay (considering the massive song and dance they made about Dib & Co with Hasler).
Your right, it will make them hypocrites. So the questions is, do they value their reputations or what's best for the club first? I don't see how they have a choice.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry though that to me just sounds delusional. Someone who would rather burry their head in the sand instead of acknowledging that the woman can’t cook (thankfully that doesn’t mean she is being paid a couple hundred grand a year in a competition that is all about being successful) or in this case the “coach can’t coach and being completely out of his depth.

I guess I can see the similarities. What he does is like if your said mother tried to microwave cereal with milk for dinner! #Outoftheirdepth!

It’s why boards get the sack too.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Too many people on here over estimating the roster we have. Holbrook might get slightly better results with this roster. There is no point rushing to appoint any coach at this stage.

People were cheering for Hasler to get sacked (one of the best coaches in NRL) now he is killing it at Manly.
I've said it before. He could be instrumentalist in bringing in some English talent over here. And he seems to have great game plans. Might just be the coach to attract other players to join the club.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Too many people on here over estimating the roster we have. Holbrook might get slightly better results with this roster. There is no point rushing to appoint any coach at this stage.

People were cheering for Hasler to get sacked (one of the best coaches in NRL) now he is killing it at Manly.
Even Dean Pay would have that manly team in top 8 with the likes of Turbo brothers, afb, fainu, dce, walker, taupau, Thompson Sironen..
Fuck Des and fuck Pay.

Holbrook might not make the 8 with this team, but, he would have given the right players the proper opportunities, would have unearthed better prospects than what Pay has, and in doing so, have the team better set up for the future than what the current turd has offered.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Even Dean Pay would have that manly team in top 8 with the likes of Turbo brothers, afb, fainu, dce, walker, taupau, Thompson Sironen..
Fuck Des and fuck Pay.

Holbrook might not make the 8 with this team, but, he would have given the right players the proper opportunities, would have unearthed better prospects than what Pay has, and in doing so, have the team better set up for the future than what the current turd has offered.
A lot of people had Manly bottom 4 before the start of the season. There is doubt about Des' ability to get teams to the finals he missed in 2004 first year with Manly & 2017 last year with us, that's a fucking good record in anyone's book.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A lot of people had Manly bottom 4 before the start of the season. There is doubt about Des' ability to get teams to the finals he missed in 2004 first year with Manly & 2017 last year with us, that's a fucking good record in anyone's book.
I will give credit to Des where its due, that Manly team always had the ability to score tries but their defence was woeful last year hence why they never made the finals. Des has beefed up that defense as we have seen and now look the goods. Defence is pretty much the only thing he is good at in my books and that's it. It Kept us in matches all those years even though we struggled to score points.

He has been blessed at Manly in his first hurrah, having the Stewart Brothers, DCE, Foran, Matai, Watmough, Lyon and a shitload of other top notch players and now he has inherited another batch of once in a generation players in the Turbo brothers.

If he didn't have those players, no way in the world that team would be anywhere near the 8. Toovey and Barrett are the guys who should be rewarded for this current team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not true, everyone gets a second chance, but 3 or more bad servings?? That's a trend and a bad one... She'd be on her bike just like Deano should be.

Excuse, Excuse and more Excuses. Too young, lacking experience, salary cap, old board, blah blah blah.

He's had a shot and he doesn't cut it. There's no talk from the club that he is a great people man like Bennett, or driven by desire and detail like Bellamy. There is nothing but silence and the odd Tolman support the coach story.

Our defense has been all over the shop, there is no game plan and our attack has basically been give the ball to Foran (when he is playing)..

Look, I was all for a Canterbury bloke after Des, Dib and Cleal. And I want to believe in Back to the future with the Anderson/Moore crowd but it's time for action and leadership by the board.

Dean needs to go back to assistant coach and either bring Hollbrook in or....God help me for saying this.. .Hire Gus above Pay to show him how to do it.

I still remember the club after Gus last time and it took a while to recover but, he knows his shit.

He would attract the right players and also the best staff/trainers/scouts and he does have a soft spot for the Dogs.

I feel sick.. . I can't believe I just said that, but
GET GUS...

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Is this Holbrook **** a magician or something the way you ***** are going on
the same line every **** said about Des was the problem and Dean was the answer now it s Pay is the problem Holbrook is the answer till the end of next year ... People wont wake up and understand the cattle is more of the problem

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the same line every **** said about Des was the problem and Dean was the answer now it s Pay is the problem Holbrook is the answer till the end of next year ... People wont wake up and understand the cattle is more of the problem
Tbh fans like you are the problem
Cattle bwahahhaha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nope. I said from day one that Pay was an absolutely awful appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.