Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
from badel. He was talking about seibold backing walters to get the titans job and then continue with below:

I'm hearing that Justin Holbrook, the St Helens coach, has been formally interviewedby the Titans," Badel siad. "He had a phone hook up with Mal Meninga the Titans' culture and performance chief and he very much remains in the mix."

"There was some speculation that Holbrook had pulled out of the race; that's not the case. He's completed his interview with the Titans and is now awaiting a definitive call about whether he wall coach the Titans in 2020.

"My information is that he's not the preferred option at the moment, but if the Titans can't get the job done with Kevin Walters, Holbrook will certainly come into the mix.

"If Holbrook can't get the job at the Titans, the Bulldogs are sniffing around. He's got some history there: he won two lower-grade titles at the Bulldogs, so he does have an affinity for the club."
That's some A grade waffle from Badel he's covered every base so he looks like he knows what's going on!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from badel. He was talking about seibold backing walters to get the titans job and then continue with below:

I'm hearing that Justin Holbrook, the St Helens coach, has been formally interviewedby the Titans," Badel siad. "He had a phone hook up with Mal Meninga the Titans' culture and performance chief and he very much remains in the mix."

"There was some speculation that Holbrook had pulled out of the race; that's not the case. He's completed his interview with the Titans and is now awaiting a definitive call about whether he wall coach the Titans in 2020.

"My information is that he's not the preferred option at the moment, but if the Titans can't get the job done with Kevin Walters, Holbrook will certainly come into the mix.

"If Holbrook can't get the job at the Titans, the Bulldogs are sniffing around. He's got some history there: he won two lower-grade titles at the Bulldogs, so he does have an affinity for the club."
If the bulldogs were sniffing around he would have already signed by now. Do they think he's hanging out for a great opportunity at the Titans....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

If there's any truth to that, and Holbrook isn't a done deal, and they're allowing the Titans to potentially sign him while they stand by Pay til the bitter end, well then they'll make Raelene and Dib look like Politis. Which is like making Stalin seem like Gandhi.

I'm hoping it's all white noise but I wish the club would act soon so that it would ease the concern and stress.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on Hill going to England?? Putting it altogther, it sounds laughable that he flew over there in the middle of our season to talk to player managers...... The big pommy forward Thompson is on contract at St Helens next year so i doubt Hill would go to England now to sign Thompson for 2021......
Only 1 other thing comes to mind. Pen on paper. Holbrook

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on Hill going to England?? Putting it altogther, it sounds laughable that he flew over there in the middle of our season to talk to player managers...... The big pommy forward Thompson is on contract at St Helens next year so i doubt Hill would go to England now to sign Thompson for 2021......
That's how a professional would do it. If you sign him (Hollbrook) they will come....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I like to hold judgement until I make my own decision. I did that with Des, the old board, with Pay and this new board. IF they miss out on Hollbrook to keep Pay then they have lost me.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats what I think has happened, Holbrook done deal. They haven’t announced it yet out of respect to St Helen’s and not mucking up their season and out of respect to Pay and letting him finish off the year. As much as I and the rest of us want an answer, I think that’s the most professional way to go about it. As much as I want Pay gone, I still feel sorry for him. He probably won’t coach again in the NRL, it was a bad career choice taking this on and he probably should’ve gone to England first when he had that offer before joining us.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thats what I think has happened, Holbrook done deal. They haven’t announced it yet out of respect to St Helen’s and not mucking up their season and out of respect to Pay and letting him finish off the year. As much as I and the rest of us want an answer, I think that’s the most professional way to go about it. As much as I want Pay gone, I still feel sorry for him. He probably won’t coach again in the NRL, it was a bad career choice taking this on and he probably should’ve gone to England first when he had that offer before joining us.
You would think that but one thing spoils that, him asking St Helens for 2 more weeks. If the deal is done and dusted then why need 2 more weeks?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think that but one thing spoils that, him asking St Helens for 2 more weeks. If the deal is done and dusted then why need 2 more weeks?
To find the right time to sack pay and make a timely announcement?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but I don't think St Helens would care about that stuff due to losing their awesome coach..
What’s the rush announcing it though? It could de-rail their season and they might want to already have his replacement signed up before then announce Holbrook is leaving.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, but I don't think St Helens would care about that stuff due to losing their awesome coach..
I think the need for more time is mutual. They would love to be able to find or announce a replacement soon if holbrook is leaving.
Im just guessing here.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What’s the rush announcing it though? It could de-rail their season and they might want to already have his replacement signed up before then announce Holbrook is leaving.
I think the longer you drag these things out seems to hurt all involved more then just doing it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think the need for more time is mutual. They would love to be able to find or announce a replacement soon if holbrook is leaving.
Im just guessing here.
I hope you guys are right.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the longer you drag these things out seems to hurt all involved more then just doing it.
There’s always going to be someone that’s unhappy with these things.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently we've signed Tim Sheens.