Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's ridiculous isn't it? You would think something has to give real soon.

A good 60-0 belting from the roosters might do the trick
I've been told by multiple people on here and irl that Holbrook will be here next season...i've also been told that there are a couple people that are pissing around and preventing this deal from actually getting done. I'm going to have a meltdown if Pay is still here next season.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too many people on here over estimating the roster we have. Holbrook might get slightly better results with this roster. There is no point rushing to appoint any coach at this stage.

People were cheering for Hasler to get sacked (one of the best coaches in NRL) now he is killing it at Manly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Too many people on here over estimating the roster we have. Holbrook might get slightly better results with this roster. There is no point rushing to appoint any coach at this stage.

People were cheering for Hasler to get sacked (one of the best coaches in NRL) now he is killing it at Manly.
It's not rushing, he was literally who we should've been after instead of Pay to begin with. Pay can't even get this team to effectively work together as a unit, can't get them conditioned to NRL standards, can't even get them to execute a fucking kick off ffs. This is some basic fucking shit and just shows how poor our training and preparation is, fuck pissing away another year on this shit.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been told by multiple people on here and irl that Holbrook will be here next season...i've also been told that there are a couple people that are pissing around and preventing this deal from actually getting done. I'm going to have a meltdown if Pay is still here next season.
Who are these people pissing around?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Next year is a key year for signing recruits for 2021.

Pay will attract on one who isn’t offered extreme overs.

Holbrook at the end of this season pls.
Problem is you can negotiate this Nov for 2021. A new coach is needed at seasons end building for 2021

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not rushing, he was literally who we should've been after instead of Pay to begin with. Pay can't even get this team to effectively work together as a unit, can't get them conditioned to NRL standards, can't even get them to execute a fucking kick off ffs. This is some basic fucking shit and just shows how poor our training and preparation is, fuck pissing away another year on this shit.
So you're blaming Pay for a player booting the ball dead from a kick off. I saw Latrell Mitchell do the same thing a couple of weeks ago, must've been Trent Robinsons fault.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you're blaming Pay for a player booting the ball dead from a kick off. I saw Latrell Mitchell do the same thing a couple of weeks ago, must've been Trent Robinsons fault.
Our kickoffs have been shit for ages, so yes I'm blaming Pay for not getting something as simple as this sorted out. Stop defending this fucking moron.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You consider yourself an expert on team selections and maybe team make up.
Do you have more experience or ability than Mortimer, Dunn, Price, Pay, Anderson, etc. I wouldnt think so.
Dont you think the combined effort from those guys is superior to anything you can offer?
The club has almost fixed the diabolical mess it inherited. There will be a clean out at years end and new players recruited.
Probably the biggest mistake some posters are making is their assessment of the current crop of players.
They are barely first grade standard.
Ok mate,,, meaney,cogger,napa, dwz, chn,sue,Crichton that's 7, players recruited by pay and board.on 3 year deals some 4 years.. ..

Or how about Lewis, okunbour, lichaa resigned again by the current board ...so that's 10 players maybe more...

How's that going for you ??
So these are the players you are talking about that are incapable??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You and me both.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most where cheering for Des to be sacked as we where regressing every year as a team under his coaching. No excuses for constant failures from a coach of his calibre.
The difference with Dean Pay is not much other than most want him gone as he's just not in the zone as an nrl head coach. I can't say he's made us worse. He just hasn't made us anything to believe we're progressing.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“....a couple of people that are pissing around and preventing this deal from actually getting done”

I would not be surprised Nabs!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Speaking the truth will only attract more negative comments. People cant accept that the current roster is sub standard.
There is little talent to draw upon in the top 30. No coach in existence would be successful with this lot.
I remember you saying this roster would surprise everyone and we will be in the 8 and push for top 4. Oh you also said Lichaa will have his best season. You change your opinion like female.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Good point .. I mean Justin Holbrook or other hopefuls will just wait until we pull our fingers out and decide to call them. They'll put their lives on hold waiting for that phone to ring.

and players and player managers will just play pretend and imagine we have a new coach when signing with us.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point .. I mean Justin Holbrook or other hopefuls will just wait until we pull our fingers out and decide to call them. They'll put their lives on hold waiting for that phone to ring.

and players and player managers will just play pretend and imagine we have a new coach when signing with us.
Player managers are the dirtiest sluts of the highest order

They go where the money is

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This post is proof dropping your baby on its head does come with consequences in later life.

Holbrook won 3 back to back Canterbury Cup Premierships with the Dogs. He's done assistant coaching jobs under some of the best in the business.

Go have a look at the playing records of Robinson and Bennett... and that blows your theory away.
You guys talk as if you know football. Excuse me but our Board are better placed than any of you. I put trust in my Board. You talk of coaches being good or bad. Ok lets look at Sticky at Cronulla fail. Sticky at Eels fail. Sticky at Canberra success, Bennett at Knights fail. Bennett at St Merge success. Bennett at Broncos success and fail and sacked. Hasler at Dogs success and fail and sacked. Maybe the roster which changes every year has more to do with a coaches success than you guys want to believe. At the beginning of the year Dogs were favourite for the spoon, despite a strong finish to the end of last season. Yes its turning out true. Is that more a reflection on the Coach or the roster?
You guys would kick your mother out if she made you a crap dinner 3 nights in a row. Me, Id say thanks Mum for making dinner.
Robinson and Bennett ARE NOT HOLBROOK. Deans the Boards appointment. I stick with my Boards decision. If they punt Dean Im with them. They know more than me. I dont pretend to be the conveyor of all wisdom like you monkeys.
#DeanPayBulldogsCoach #Talkthecoachup

Status
Not open for further replies.