Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every action causes a reaction...!!!

Somethings gotta give sooner or later, we are so far down.. the only way is up from here, so that’s one positive I will take from all this rabble at the moment.!!!

Things come in 3, so maybe once pay is gone.. things start looking a little better, and maybe the luck starts to swing our bloody way for a change!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The new regime have a golden opportunity to seize the moment and prove that they have what it takes by securing Holbrook and making some more shrewd signings like DWZ, CHN and Stimson etc. The club could turn into a powerhouse within a year with all of that cap space if it's used properly.

If they screw it up and they hire the wrong coach or somehow keep Pay then it will be more lost seasons. If they waste more cap space on proven dud players like Napa, Levi etc, or Reserve Graders like Meaney, Cogger, Chrichton etc then we'll end up in an even bigger hole and a golden opportunity would have been wasted.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the end of the day I was almost looking for the last straw about 4 years ago to justify to my heart about walking away from this sport. Something very hard having being introduced to it by my dad, playing and supporting it my whole life (I'm 45 now). It's not just the club but it's the NRL, the ref's, the cheating, the media, the bias etc etc. That was the last 2 years of Des's reign. Then we got rid of him and I had some hope again. Once again 2 years later from that point if anything we went further down hill. I really don't think I have it to last next year if we stay the same or go even further down hill which is what it seems like being. It's not so much that we lose it's that we can't even play footy.

I keep telling myself wait until we have this war chest and you will see some turn around. Problem is we are just fuking around with a Coach out of depth and our primary signing targets are names like Dani Levi. Most of this is self inflicted from the club and there is no sign of this getting better with the new mob. I don't even know what day our game is on from lack of interest and knowing it will be a cricket score against the Rorters. I'm only just hanging on here and if some good news doesn't come soon then who knows. That's the main reason I come to the kennel these day's, hoping that when I click on the forums there is some good news posted.....
This isn’t even a conspiracy theory or anything but seriously ... we get the brunt of all calls, we never get media support, they hate us cause we are a successful club. Andrew Johns despises is he never got over the last minute win in 2002. We will be back we are literally one of the most successful clubs , we’ve won 8 premiereships and been runners up 10 times I think , that’s almost 20% of all finals since the early early days .

But this bulldogs management is either dumb or slack cause this coach doesn’t cut it, irs worse cause we talked about bulldog DNA and Hasler probably just laughing now.

HVe fact there’s teams like the roosters who sign who ever they want and they turn a blind eye to the salary cap is a joke too, we all know they are cheats but look at our fucking side ! Not many would even get starting positions anywhere else . Fuck me dead... shits me to tears

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This isn’t even a conspiracy theory or anything but seriously ... we get the brunt of all calls, we never get media support, they hate us cause we are a successful club. Andrew Johns despises is he never got over the last minute win in 2002. We will be back we are literally one of the most successful clubs , we’ve won 8 premiereships and been runners up 10 times I think , that’s almost 20% of all finals since the early early days .

But this bulldogs management is either dumb or slack cause this coach doesn’t cut it, irs worse cause we talked about bulldog DNA and Hasler probably just laughing now.

HVe fact there’s teams like the roosters who sign who ever they want and they turn a blind eye to the salary cap is a joke too, we all know they are cheats but look at our fucking side ! Not many would even get starting positions anywhere else . Fuck me dead... shits me to tears
I don't think it's a theory mate, it's fukin real. Even before we started going downhill it was obvious, now it sticks out like dogs balls. Our club need to pull their heads out the sand, openly say it and then say fuk you to everyone but us. Kind of like how manly do the whole "we know you hate us, we hate you too". thing. Let's circle wagons and get some management who will admit it and have the balls to fight, not just toe the line. We have a very soft underbelly and it shows in everything we do and the results are for all to see. We are the guaranteed 2 point team now that teams rest their player for when we play them. Fuk this nice guy, family club, DNA crap we need soldiers ready to spill blood!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's a theory mate, it's fukin real. Even before we started going downhill it was obvious, now it sticks out like dogs balls. Our club need to pull their heads out the sand, openly say it and then say fuk you to everyone but us. Kind of like how manly do the whole "we know you hate us, we hate you too". thing. Let's circle wagons and get some management who will admit it and have the balls to fight, not just toe the line. We have a very soft underbelly and it shows in everything we do and the results are for all to see. We are the guaranteed 2 point team now that teams rest their player for when we play them. Fuk this nice guy, family club, DNA crap we need soldiers ready to spill blood!
YES GrogDog preach the gospel truth. This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titans are announcing their coach tomorrow or next week and I'd say it's Walters!

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Been a while for a Premiership yeah, but not that long ago since we compete every week.
If all goes to plan wont be far off....
What plan are you referring to mate, I just see stumbles and self harm from my lounge chair. We used to be a club ahead of the curve but I see no evidence of that anymore

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I bloody hope Justin Holbrook sees this.

Two things:
How dumb are the Titans knocking back Bennett.

And

How dumb are the Titans (and any other Club ..US!) being loyal to a non-performing coach ..
miss out on a legend coach, oversee the sinking of your club...then sack anyway...and miss the boat on the game changing coach!

Don't let that happen here Football Board.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...h/news-story/0bfd94b6303e774b676bd3223141f995

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What plan are you referring to mate, I just see stumbles and self harm from my lounge chair. We used to be a club ahead of the curve but I see no evidence of that anymore
The Kennel plan :tearsofjoy: Hahahaha

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holbrook cold on Gold Coast
Justin Holbrook, the early frontrunner for the Gold Coast Titans job, appears to have gone cold on the idea of taking on the position.

It is understood the Titans have reached out to Kevin Walters, with Holbrook’s interest in the job apparently starting to waiver.

Those closest to Holbrook are advising him the smart move would be to wait and see if a job becomes available at the Bulldogs, where he coached previously in the lower grades.

Canterbury extended Dean Pay's contract earlier this year until the end of 2020 but that hasn't stopped the dogs barking about his future at the club.

While the Bulldogs are in a rebuilding period, it’s expected they will have plenty of space in the salary cap to sign some big names in 2021. The Titans’ future isn’t as clear.

Walters didn’t want to go through an interview process after being scarred by missing the Brisbane Broncos job, but his relationship with Titans head of performance and culture Mal Meninga could prove pivotal in the outcome.

It’s expected the Titans will make an announcement early next week - potentially even in the next couple of days.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/25/knee-injury-may-force-matulino-to-hang-up-boots/

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sounds good. Hasn’t happened.

Hopefully does real soon

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holbrook cold on Gold Coast
Justin Holbrook, the early frontrunner for the Gold Coast Titans job, appears to have gone cold on the idea of taking on the position.

It is understood the Titans have reached out to Kevin Walters, with Holbrook’s interest in the job apparently starting to waiver.

Those closest to Holbrook are advising him the smart move would be to wait and see if a job becomes available at the Bulldogs, where he coached previously in the lower grades.

Canterbury extended Dean Pay's contract earlier this year until the end of 2020 but that hasn't stopped the dogs barking about his future at the club.

While the Bulldogs are in a rebuilding period, it’s expected they will have plenty of space in the salary cap to sign some big names in 2021. The Titans’ future isn’t as clear.

Walters didn’t want to go through an interview process after being scarred by missing the Brisbane Broncos job, but his relationship with Titans head of performance and culture Mal Meninga could prove pivotal in the outcome.

It’s expected the Titans will make an announcement early next week - potentially even in the next couple of days.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/25/knee-injury-may-force-matulino-to-hang-up-boots/
Looks like the titans used hoolbrook as a smokescreen. I reckon jh was never interested as the tits new that if he was to sign somewhere it would be with the dogs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
All these recent articles suggest Dogs HAVE NOT locked in Holbrook, nor offered him a position.

Holbrook asked St Helens to wait until the end of July for him to make a decision. He's not going to knock back St Helens if that is his only option and that offer is off the table as of 1st of August.

So it's the 25th of July now. 26th, 27th, 28th (Game Day). If the theory is waiting till a game day thumping to sack Pay, it's a stupid ploy.

That would only leave 29th, 30th, 31st for the Dogs to make the decision to sack Pay, announce they have sacked him, offer Holbrook a contract, and have Holbrook lock in his future with us.

Honestly, it all feels like we've missed the boat.

I saw James Hooper on Fox.
Maybe its just me, but he always reminds me of what would happen if Peter Garrett got a gig on Fox Sports.

True or not...According to my latest info,
The management will not push Pay out for one reason only political correctness :rage:
If that is correct they are gone in Feb so another board will make the call.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/24/next-titans-coach-nrl.com-experts-view/
Only 2 experts reckon Holbrook should sign with Titans.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All these recent articles suggest Dogs HAVE NOT locked in Holbrook, nor offered him a position.

Holbrook asked St Helens to wait until the end of July for him to make a decision. He's not going to knock back St Helens if that is his only option and that offer is off the table as of 1st of August.

So it's the 25th of July now. 26th, 27th, 28th (Game Day). If the theory is waiting till a game day thumping to sack Pay, it's a stupid ploy.

That would only leave 29th, 30th, 31st for the Dogs to make the decision to sack Pay, announce they have sacked him, offer Holbrook a contract, and have Holbrook lock in his future with us.

It means nothing do you think St Helen's won't re-sign him if he comes to them on the 10th of August and says he wants to stay? Holbrook could always re-sign with a NRL get out clause!

One game isn't going to determine anything. This will drag out for weeks and months.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We better sign him ffs. Roosters will rape us. Hopefully club stops Fucking about and he’s gone. If not they will be sooner than later too.

Members won’t vote for this trash.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Maybe its just me, but he always reminds me of what would happen if Peter Garrett got a gig on Fox Sports.

If that is correct they are gone in Feb so another board will make the call.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/24/next-titans-coach-nrl.com-experts-view/
Only 2 experts reckon Holbrook should sign with Titans.
Personally I think all of the above would already be decided (either way) the dogs would know now whether or not Hollbrook is coming. It's just us mugs sitting around waiting to find out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally I think all of the above would already be decided (either way) the dogs would know now whether or not Hollbrook is coming. It's just us mugs sitting around waiting to find out.
I agree. And I still think Holbrook will likely eventually be announced. But I wish they'd throw us mugs a bone so we have something to look forward to.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree. And I still think Holbrook will likely eventually be announced. But I wish they'd throw us mugs a bone so we have something to look forward to.
True dat, probably huddling in the dark wondering how they do it without upsetting Dean lol

Last edited: