Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's true and we all know Pay can't be there next season or the board will be overthrown. But it's massively worrying that they haven't acted before now and still let Pay do whatever he wants in spite of him being a dead man walking. They were going to fire him a few weeks ago but lacked the balls to pull the trigger.

You need conviction and ruthlessness when required from upper management, not people who don't have the guts to make the hard decisions or can't finalise deals because of indecisiveness or an inability to convince players and coaches that this is the club to join.
They were going to fire him a few weeks ago but lacked the balls to pull the trigger.??

upload_2019-7-25_9-39-29.png??

Attachments

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were going to fire him a few weeks ago but lacked the balls to pull the trigger.??

View attachment 10753??
Haha. I won't reveal my source but before the Cronulla win they were going to fire him during the bye week. This source is very reliable. Anyone who knows me knows I almost never post rumours, and if I do, they're legit.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true and we all know Pay can't be there next season or the board will be overthrown. But it's massively worrying that they haven't acted before now and still let Pay do whatever he wants in spite of him being a dead man walking. They were going to fire him a few weeks ago but lacked the balls to pull the trigger.

You need conviction and ruthlessness when required from upper management, not people who don't have the guts to make the hard decisions or can't finalise deals because of indecisiveness or an inability to convince players and coaches that this is the club to join.
I don’t get this talk about political correctness towards Pay
Like you said why did they hesitate a few weeks ago,the guy has had a fair shot and come up very short
The club sacked four staffers this year who obviously didn’t perform well
or just didn’t fit the bill.
There was no second chances for that lot.
Hill and the board need to stand tall and take a stance.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha. I won't reveal my source but before the Cronulla win they were going to fire him during the bye week. This source is very reliable. Anyone who knows me knows I almost never post rumours, and if I do, they're legit.
Cool cool, sounds good to me. Wont be far off then id say.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully not. Either way, the club has made this whole season way more painful and stressful than it needed to be.
Some very stupid decisions made indeed. Both on field and in Retention.

Lets just hope the solution isn't far off.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Look at the end of the day I was almost looking for the last straw about 4 years ago to justify to my heart about walking away from this sport. Something very hard having being introduced to it by my dad, playing and supporting it my whole life (I'm 45 now). It's not just the club but it's the NRL, the ref's, the cheating, the media, the bias etc etc. That was the last 2 years of Des's reign. Then we got rid of him and I had some hope again. Once again 2 years later from that point if anything we went further down hill. I really don't think I have it to last next year if we stay the same or go even further down hill which is what it seems like being. It's not so much that we lose it's that we can't even play footy.

I keep telling myself wait until we have this war chest and you will see some turn around. Problem is we are just fuking around with a Coach out of depth and our primary signing targets are names like Dani Levi. Most of this is self inflicted from the club and there is no sign of this getting better with the new mob. I don't even know what day our game is on from lack of interest and knowing it will be a cricket score against the Rorters. I'm only just hanging on here and if some good news doesn't come soon then who knows. That's the main reason I come to the kennel these day's, hoping that when I click on the forums there is some good news posted.....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep checking, and hoping for something.. Still a very slow news week/day..

#pay out !!

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at the end of the day I was almost looking for the last straw about 4 years ago to justify to my heart about walking away from this sport. Something very hard having being introduced to it by my dad, playing and supporting it my whole life (I'm 45 now). It's not just the club but it's the NRL, the ref's, the cheating, the media, the bias etc etc. That was the last 2 years of Des's reign. Then we got rid of him and I had some hope again. Once again 2 years later from that point if anything we went further down hill. I really don't think I have it to last next year if we stay the same or go even further down hill which is what it seems like being. It's not so much that we lose it's that we can't even play footy.

I keep telling myself wait until we have this war chest and you will see some turn around. Problem is we are just fuking around with a Coach out of depth and our primary signing targets are names like Dani Levi. Most of this is self inflicted from the club and there is no sign of this getting better with the new mob. I don't even know what day our game is on from lack of interest and knowing it will be a cricket score against the Rorters. I'm only just hanging on here and if some good news doesn't come soon then who knows. That's the main reason I come to the kennel these day's, hoping that when I click on the forums there is some good news posted.....
I’m 46 mate and supported since I was knee high too, your post is like reading my mind.
I’ve no idea why I’m still interested, the sport itself is a joke but still look forward to something positive coming for the Dogs. Unfortunately I just can’t see the light as we lurch forward

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't usually stay down for long guys stick it out. A lot here would feel the same but we have to support through all the ups and downs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don't usually stay down for long guys stick it out. A lot here would feel the same but we have to support through all the ups and downs.
This is like the longest down in 70 years or whatever it is lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I take it the bed sheets require washing today for some unrelated reason? :P
I empty myself our before bed to try and avoid accidents

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the report is true, I see it as the Titans saving face. Maybe they already know of Holbrooks decision and by leaking that Walters is their favored front runner, they not only distance themselves from any failure of not getting Holbrook, it also gives them the perception of dealing from a position of strength, hopefully forcing Walters hand in filling the vacant Titans coaching position.
With Holbrook asking St Helens for a 2 week extension for his decision says that he hasn't made his mind up yet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Been a while for a Premiership yeah, but not that long ago since we compete every week.
If all goes to plan wont be far off....
I have fuck all faith in this board and their plan right now, as soon as Pay was given an extension that was where I switched off. DWZ was a positive signing though and this is the type of things that will get my support...but fuck if we mess up this Holbrook thing and hold onto Pay i won't even bother with next season because the club obviously isn't.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That use to be the case no doubt, now it's been a very long time. One of the bad things about being a power house club once upon a time I guess.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have fuck all faith in this board and their plan right now, as soon as Pay was given an extension that was where I switched off. DWZ was a positive signing though and this is the type of things that will get my support...but fuck if we mess up this Holbrook thing and hold onto Pay i won't even bother with next season because the club obviously isn't.
Yeah at this stage all my eggs are in the Hollbrook basket too.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fantastic post mate and am sure it reflects the feeling amongst most doggie supporters
We just have to stick solid with the hope of change not too far away
I grew up in heartland Canterbury watching them play since the early eighties at a time our club was invincible
No matter how bad we are find it impossible not to follow them.
I’m going to sit in the Kennel this Sunday like every other game and watch them till full time.
Let’s hope things get better soon