Holbrook cannot come soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really don't think runs on the board solely in a couple of years of Super League equates to being a massive attraction for players in the NRL.

Daniel Anderson put runs on the board in England, I don't think players were jumping out of their skin to come and play for him when he coached in the NRL thereafter.

DWZ, the highest profile mid-season transfer ended up with us despite plenty of rival interest, and credited an extended chat with Pay as part of the reasons he joined us. Not a bad pull with very limited current resources.
Flogging a dead ‘horse’

Pay is the worst coach in the clubs history

Holbrook could get this same squad that Pay has failed with in the 8

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can you possibly justify that Holbrook will be any better for attracting talent? He hasn't coached a first grade team before and his overall profile within rugby league circles is inferior to Pay.
Stop it Dean oh I mean Horse you slay me

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Flogging a dead ‘horse’

Congratulations.

That is the single most ludicrous statement I think I've ever read on this forum.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flogging a dead ‘horse’

Surely horse is Chris Smith or Adam Elliot in disguise aha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I really don't think runs on the board solely in a couple of years of Super League equates to being a massive attraction for players in the NRL.

Daniel Anderson put runs on the board in England, I don't think players were jumping out of their skin to come and play for him when he coached in the NRL thereafter.

DWZ, the highest profile mid-season transfer ended up with us despite plenty of rival interest, and credited an extended chat with Pay as part of the reasons he joined us. Not a bad pull with very limited current resources.
Mate I know your very pro this board and pay and I won’t drop to insults.

What Holbrook has done is what pay could barely dream of.

Pay hasn’t done anything positive at all. He has shown in multiple aspects he is completely out his depth.

Dwz being recruited was because the tigers couldn’t or we already know we would of missed him too.

I don’t think many if any clubs has much $ right now and we where fortunate from the Klemmer left overs in Napa. Dwz was over and getting f about at panthers. I don’t thank pay for that. Dwz isn’t coming out saying yeh was going to tigers to be with Madge but they couldn’t make it work, no club has much $ so come
Here.

Holbrook has a outstanding ratio and upon his arrival they weren’t exactly killing it. He also has shown he adjusted his game plan to losing barba who was a obviously vital in another plan. Showing he can adapt and organise a game plan. Something our flop can’t do.

Pay has regressed and is out of his depth. While Holbrook won’t excite like Bellamy would, he surely won’t deter like pay does .

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I know your very pro this board and pay and I won’t drop to insults.

What Holbrook has done is what pay could barely dream of.

Pay hasn’t done anything positive at all. He has shown in multiple aspects he is completely out his depth.

Dwz being recruited was because the tigers couldn’t or we already know we would of missed him too.

I don’t think many if any clubs has much $ right now and we where fortunate from the Klemmer left overs in Napa. Dwz was over and getting f about at panthers. I don’t thank pay for that. Dwz isn’t coming out saying yeh was going to tigers to be with Madge but they couldn’t make it work, no club has much $ so come
Here.

Holbrook has a outstanding ratio and upon his arrival they weren’t exactly killing it. He also has shown he adjusted his game plan to losing barba who was a obviously vital in another plan. Showing he can adapt and organise a game plan. Something our flop can’t do.

Pay has regressed and is out of his depth. While Holbrook won’t excite like Bellamy would, he surely won’t deter like pay does .
Thank you for not resorting to name calling like the other bozos.

I'll give credit to Pay whenever it is due, and I reckon being able to lure DWZ in such circumstances is a massive effort. The Tigers weren't the only club in the queue.

You look at our 17 on any given week, and you can safely say that half of them are reserve graders at any other team in the comp. Any win right now is an achievement and deserves some credit in my books.

Regarding Holbrook - he has an abundance of quality in his squad to be able to adapt and transition fairly seamlessly. Re: losing Barba, they already had the current England fullback Jonny Lomax in the squad to fill his boots which is a handy luxury to have. Pay doesn't have those luxuries, he has the absolute opposite. These comparisons are unfair

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How can you possibly justify that Holbrook will be any better for attracting talent? He hasn't coached a first grade team before and his overall profile within rugby league circles is inferior to Pay.
Lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

I'll give credit to Pay whenever it is due, and I reckon being able to lure DWZ in such circumstances is a massive effort. The Tigers weren't the only club in the queue.

You look at our 17 on any given week, and you can safely say that half of them are reserve graders at any other team in the comp. Any win right now is an achievement and deserves some credit in my books.

Regarding Holbrook - he has an abundance of quality in his squad to be able to adapt and transition fairly seamlessly. Re: losing Barba, they already had the current England fullback Jonny Lomax in the squad to fill his boots which is a handy luxury to have. Pay doesn't have those luxuries, he has the absolute opposite. These comparisons are unfair
If you wish to praise pay for the win you can see in dwz (yet again we already know tigers where first choice and would be there if they had money) not a single other club appears to have had the money besides eels and they clearly wanted waqa Blake.

Dwz in my view came to us because we had the most $ for him, he got his position he wants and I don’t think any other club offered this.

Again you can dispute it but nothing pay did here can confirm or dispute that.

Though you must also be realistic and accept the crap he has produced as coach. Our roster is shit 100%.

Though we competed against the storm and arguably should of won that. We have seen that ability to produce some quality.

Unfortunately for pay he has shown poor to no game plans; the inability to adjust both in games and throughout the season. He has made poor selections both with squads and with his rotations.

While attack can be blamed to some degree on the cattle the fact our defence is the worst in the Comp falls on him.

Defence isn’t talent. It’s heart and commitment. Our players either have been lost to his lack of coach ability (again before blaming the players not trying our completion rates have been very high) or his structures are woeful and his inability to change that shows flaws on him.

Nothing about pay is a positive as coach. Nothing has improved. Nothing is impressive. We are the worst attacking and defensive squad and we have regressed.

I don’t care if titans are last and people say we won 2 games. We have been shit since he took over. He promised madness and players would know they played us defensively. He’s delivered nothing but the opposite except madness for fans watching his presser and our games.

Lastly If knights had Ponga and didn’t have to play 1 man down we would be dead last right now. Irrelevant though the fact remains he is out of his depth. Nothing disputes that at all.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have never seen such a massive wankfest for a coach who has never been a head coach of a 1st grade NRL club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have never seen such a massive wankfest for a coach who has never been a head coach of a 1st grade NRL club
And? Resume is far better than Pays, experience managing a top level club and potential to attract some overseas stars/gems. It only appears to be a wankfest because some people have chosen to delude themselves into thinking that Pay is anything more than the trash he is.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Speaking the truth will only attract more negative comments. People cant accept that the current roster is sub standard.
There is little talent to draw upon in the top 30. No coach in existence would be successful with this lot.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Speaking the truth will only attract more negative comments. People cant accept that the current roster is sub standard.
There is little talent to draw upon in the top 30. No coach in existence would be successful with this lot.
Ahaha team selections have been diabolical since 2018 so your only argument is invalid
You and your mate are making excuses for a coach who can’t choose the best available team to him, just stop

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you wish to praise pay for the win you can see in dwz (yet again we already know tigers where first choice and would be there if they had money) not a single other club appears to have had the money besides eels and they clearly wanted waqa Blake.

Dwz in my view came to us because we had the most $ for him, he got his position he wants and I don’t think any other club offered this.

Again you can dispute it but nothing pay did here can confirm or dispute that.

Though you must also be realistic and accept the crap he has produced as coach. Our roster is shit 100%.

Though we competed against the storm and arguably should of won that. We have seen that ability to produce some quality.

Unfortunately for pay he has shown poor to no game plans; the inability to adjust both in games and throughout the season. He has made poor selections both with squads and with his rotations.

While attack can be blamed to some degree on the cattle the fact our defence is the worst in the Comp falls on him.

Defence isn’t talent. It’s heart and commitment. Our players either have been lost to his lack of coach ability (again before blaming the players not trying our completion rates have been very high) or his structures are woeful and his inability to change that shows flaws on him.

Nothing about pay is a positive as coach. Nothing has improved. Nothing is impressive. We are the worst attacking and defensive squad and we have regressed.

I don’t care if titans are last and people say we won 2 games. We have been shit since he took over. He promised madness and players would know they played us defensively. He’s delivered nothing but the opposite except madness for fans watching his presser and our games.

Lastly If knights had Ponga and didn’t have to play 1 man down we would be dead last right now. Irrelevant though the fact remains he is out of his depth. Nothing disputes that at all.
Stop explaining commonsense to these trolls man, like I’ve said they will go into hiding after the roosters game, and then when we appoint Holbrook they won’t come back

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop explaining commonsense to these trolls man, like I’ve said they will go into hiding after the roosters game, and then when we appoint Holbrook they won’t come back
I'll make you a deal.

Holbrook signs to coach for 2020 - I'll accept a life ban from The Kennel
Pay remains coach for 2020 - You get life banned from The Kennel

Put your money where your mouth is big boy.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll make you a deal.

Holbrook signs to coach for 2020 - I'll accept a life ban from The Kennel
Pay remains coach for 2020 - You get life banned from The Kennel

Put your money where your mouth is big boy.
But your going into hiding anyway this week after roosters game
Your mate twindick’s gornnneeee

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Justin who? A RL hack who played 17 FG games. Blind Freddie could coach the current St. Helens team to victory. The bloke would be out of his depth as an NRL coach...so perfect fit for the Golden Coasters. Pays our man.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
But your going into hiding anyway this week after roosters game
Your mate twindick’s gornnneeee
So are you gonna accept my offer or are you gonna dance around it like a little girl

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron lets be fair dinkum here.

The other day we finally recruited an excellent outside back. imo DWZ is a winger, but momentarily he is by far the best FB we have at the club.

Our 6, 7 & 9 is the worst in the comp. (Young Wakeham is excluded. Kid is very promising)

Our forward pack lacks size, power, mobility, grunt and intimidation.

I'll split it into 3 sections for you - Outside backs, Forward pack, Spine. Compare these with the other 15 NRL clubs and let me know who we are better than?!

Im going to stop here as its quite depressing....

On a coaches note, a good coach would have this squad a lot fitter and stronger. This is where Pay for me has failed miserably, as well as his constant chopping and changing of the teams amongst other basic things
Good points you've stated.

I'll throw this out there and it's probably the only thing I will say to even justify Pay's coaching and tactics.

What if the reason behind the board re-signing Pay for another year (which was to everyone's disbelief) was to have him do as he is told by the board in selections of the team. They couldn't do that with a new coach. Now, Pay has used a lot of his younger players this year to gain experience but such changes like with Ogden coming in and out of the side, not dropping Elliot and Smith for better talented forwards is mind boggling. I mean some of his selections are so ridiculous that I can't see how he is watching the same team as us each week.

So, are the board intervening and telling Pay to rotate the roster no matter what but don't touch certain players? Personally I think it's written on Pay's face where he looks just as confused as we are like he is a coach not in control.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Justin who? A RL hack who played 17 FG games. Blind Freddie could coach the current St. Helens team to victory. The bloke would be out of his depth as an NRL coach...so perfect fit for the Golden Coasters. Pays our man.
Fkn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.