Only way we can compete this weekend

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For no reason other than I hate the rorters...

"Headline"

Dogs cause boil over beating the Roosters by 8. All in brawl during game with JWH knocked out by Meany punch after Josh Jackson calls cattledog and bitch slaps Cooper Cronk.

Dean pay admits at after game press conference that he is angry the team didn't follow his game plan like they did the week before against the Broncos. But was happy Elliot didn't get accidently hit by anyone during brawl...Gives him player of the week.
KWH knocked out by Meaney fukn lol just choked on my JD

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor Meaney must be at home under the bed in foetul position knowing he’s up against Ryan Hall this week

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is Meany in the side on the wing?

This club is in the fucking gutter. Fmd

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move Elliott to halfback and watch the points flow.....we need to better utilise our best player.
I think you are under estimating him, he should be centre containing Mitchell and burning him on the outside with his duck wobble running style

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you are all missing the point.

I am talking about the Roosters MOTIVATION and MINDSET.

As i said, it is not easy being "up", especially this time of the year. Many of the Roosters players have had a big origin campaign. Players look for down time during the season. They are only human.

A classic example is when the Storm pipped us earlier this year. This Storm team that is 6 points better than any other team in the league.

No doubt the Storm saw us and during the week thought that they just had to turn up and look what happened. We were very unlucky to lose that game.

If the Roosters lost on the weekend or they won and struggled, the chances of them being complacement this weekend would be very low.

But when everyone tells you how good you are, then you flick the switch and blow a good team away, it further adds to the false security that you just have to turn up.

This is our only hope. This is how and why big upsets occur in sport. It is all between the ears.
But the Chooks have something the Dogs used to have, a long time ago - the knowledge that they can turn it on when required. A winning culture delivers confidence when the focus is required. A team that is happy to lose game after game, will always surrender when the heat is applied.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I picked a great game to be the first game I go to this year.....
Since my daughter (First child) was born at the start of the season I havent been able to go and now I have a weekend free and we will get spanked.
:sob:
Enjoy your little girl; the Dog's thumping this weekend will be quickly forgotten, but you have a lifetime of enjoyment with her.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re right I don’t rate the coach but I don’t down play the talent. I just don’t think it will be the cricket score you all expect.
And it was nowhere near the score everyone had predicted.
20-12 could have easily been 20-18 late in the match

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And it was nowhere near the score everyone had predicted.
20-12 could have easily been 20-18 late in the match
Could of also been 32-12 too with the forward pass and the toe on the line.