Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite the night was had here last night I see...

BTW have we dumped Pay and signed Holbrook yet?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a whole lot more than we already know:

https://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/holbrook-asks-for-more-time/169294

"Nothing's changed from last week," Holbrook told PA. "I'm really happy here but I'll obviously have a look at what there is. "It's more speculation than anything else with the interest but I'll see what happens. I don't want it to drag on. I don't think it's good for any club or myself. I don't want the speculation to be about myself. We've got a great side here and a great club. Hopefully within a week or two it will get sorted and you don't have to ask. But I'm not sure at this stage."

St Helens chief executive Mike Rush has said Holbrook's future is in his own hands but warns there "has to be a time frame for when all this comes to an end".

Holbrook, who coached the Junior Kangaroos in his native Australia, said: "The club have been fantastic. I said if I could just have a couple more weeks which they were good enough to grant me. I don't want to disrespect our club. I know it's a great position I'm in here as coach of St Helens. That's why I said I don't want it to drag on. I appreciate what they're doing from their end and allow me a couple of weeks to make sure I look at everything."

If I had to make a call solely based on that article I'd say he's staying at St Helens. He seems to be apologising to them for taking so long to make a decision.
My read on that is different

He’s leaving UK

Straight shootout with us and Titans but unless the Titans are making him do the interview process whereas assuming (hopeful) we just said the gig is yours

How this plays out in the end will determine if we have a new board come Feb 2020

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My read on that is different

He’s leaving UK

Straight shootout with us and Titans but unless the Titans are making him do the interview process whereas assuming (hopeful) we just said the gig is yours

How this plays out in the end will determine if we have a new board come Feb 2020
Need an alternative Board to put their hand up first...would anyone, after this continuing mess?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What the fook is going on er?!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh very well said Mr Vlasnik,you have a way with words
Almost like poetry
Don’t worry mate most of us are on the same page in regards to our future and coach.
Thanks Dogggy, my brother Drop Bear payed me a similar compliment, he was the only Parra supporter that posted on the Kennel that I truly liked. May he rest in peace....gone but never forgotten!!!!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to Clarkey's nrl Column on facebook, the titans are interviewing the Walker brothers.Screenshot_20190724-100344_Facebook.jpeg

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to Clarkey's nrl Column on facebook, the titans are interviewing the Walker brothers.View attachment 10738
I always thought this would be a good move, as two heads are better than one :grinning: Besides IMO the Walker brothers deserve a shot. It would leave Holbrook with a choice between us ( the basket case that we are ) or Saint Helens.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My question is;
Did Holbrook get the 2 week extension to the Saints deadline because he was needing to interview for the Tits job? Or because he is waiting for Pay to (potentially) get the sack?
Would he be able to remain at St Helens after all this back forth as it seems he is, rightfully, waiting for his NRL shot?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My question is;
Did Holbrook get the 2 week extension to the Saints deadline because he was needing to interview for the Tits job? Or because he is waiting for Pay to (potentially) get the sack?
Would he be able to remain at St Helens after all this back forth as it seems he is, rightfully, waiting for his NRL shot?
Find out in the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need an alternative Board to put their hand up first...would anyone, after this continuing mess?
Yeah we are looking at this all wrong....We need to call an extrodinary meeting and sack the inactive, inept board...winning starts at the top, the front office.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really think coaches should be lining up for a coaching gig at the Dogs. Two reasons:

1. They will have a war chest of over $8m to buy players they want for 2021

2. Canterbury is a club that would really pay good coin if the coach excels in his role at the club. Like how Hasler got $1m a season after he took us to grand finals. Prove you’re a good coach and the dogs will pay up.

Most FG club coaches should be knocking on our door for a gig. I would. I just don’t get it.