Official Round 19 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the NRL can create another club purely for the purpose of Dean Pay taking all his preferred players, and starting afresh.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dean is doing a good job giving everyone a shot. He was a great tough player for us and hes showing his resilience each week as a coach. Hes got a group of young lads that bust their ass each week for him. If we only got our fair share of the 50/50 calls and if someone/anyone could show Lichaa how to kick wed have 4 more wins to our credit and pushing strong for the finals.
Wake up Dean hey Deano wake up, you were having one of those dreams again love, pretending you were talking to the press or maybe it was the Board, but anyways get moving love, you've gotta get ready, we are playing the Sombreros again today.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to work my magic on this fucked up line-up:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
21. Jayden Okunbor (LW)
3. Kerrod Holland (RC)
4. Will Hopoate (LC)
5. Reimis Smith (RW)
7. Lachlan Lewis
20. Kieran Foran
8. Aiden Tolman
14. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
19. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (Left)
12. Corey Harawira-Naera (Right)
11. Josh Jackson
---
6. Jack Cogger
13. Adam Elliott
22. Ofahiki Ogden
15. Renouf To'omaga
Except for RFM I'm with ya....he disappoints all too often

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely after last game Cogger gets dropped?...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dean is doing a good job giving everyone a shot. He was a great tough player for us and hes showing his resilience each week as a coach. Hes got a group of young lads that bust their ass each week for him. If we only got our fair share of the 50/50 calls and if someone/anyone could show Lichaa how to kick wed have 4 more wins to our credit and pushing strong for the finals.
Wake up Dean hey Deano wake up, you were having one of those dreams again love, pretending you were talking to the press or maybe it was the Board, but anyways get moving love, you've gotta get ready, we are playing the Sombreros again today.
Fkn lol

What glasses are u wearing when you watch the games??

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichshit is fucking useless just like Pay, Lichshit is the worst 9 ever and yet Pay keeps picking him, so sick of seeing this player who can't pass is slow and runs around in circles in Fg.
This team will be smashed and embarrassed by the rorters, I hope I'm wrong as I would love nothing more then to see the cheating C***s lose but I can't see that happening.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely after last game Cogger gets dropped?...
There are 5 forwards who should be dropped before Cogger. Our fucking forwards, they should start to employ a mark-up artist to touch up our forwards with lipstick and powder before they run on, fucking softest forward pack in 1st grade rugby league ever. Plus I notice that when Tolman is injured our line speed in the middle is not 1st grade standard.
Plus the Broncos were allowed to stand inside the 10 meter all night.

Reactions: DT

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you even know what you're typing?

Man, whatever drugs you're on do everyone a favour and flush them down the crapper, they are dangerous.

Do it before you get sick to your stomach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you even know what you're typing?

Man, whatever drugs you're on do everyone a favour and flush them down the crapper, they are dangerous.

Do it before you get sick to your stomach
Probably a Board member...God help us.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a thought: If we had 10 more wins we'd be in the running for the minor premiership.

See... dreams are free!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lewis plays I hope he's worked on his game since being out of the firsts. I know plenty here admire the time he has while kicking but I reckon it's bullshit. The good players with time (JT, Joey, Locky etc) have that because they have so many options that the defence stands off. Lewis just finds a big hole in the field and takes an age to kick it. He never passes or has runners inside and out, just stands like a statue for a couple of seconds and eventually kicks. He needs to be moving and putting defences in two minds and creating different options.

On the plus side I love his courage in defence and he did have his best game this year against Melbourne, so hopefully can lift against another big gun - but his attack needs a lot of work. I wouldn't mind seeing him as bench utility if Foran plays.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Lewis plays I hope he's worked on his game since being out of the firsts. I know plenty here admire the time he has while kicking but I reckon it's bullshit. The good players with time (JT, Joey, Locky etc) have that because they have so many options that the defence stands off. Lewis just finds a big hole in the field and takes an age to kick it. He never passes or has runners inside and out, just stands like a statue for a couple of seconds and eventually kicks. He needs to be moving and putting defences in two minds and creating different options.

On the plus side I love his courage in defence and he did have his best game this year against Melbourne, so hopefully can lift against another big gun - but his attack needs a lot of work. I wouldn't mind seeing him as bench utility if Foran plays.
I wouldn't hold out much hope that much has changed he only had a couple of games in reggies and spent the rest of the time injured.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There are 5 forwards who should be dropped before Cogger. Our fucking forwards, they should start to employ a mark-up artist to touch up our forwards with lipstick and powder before they run on, fucking softest forward pack in 1st grade rugby league ever. Plus I notice that when Tolman is injured our line speed in the middle is not 1st grade standard.
Plus the Broncos were allowed to stand inside the 10 meter all night.
Or our coaching staff could actually do their job and get them up to scratch. How is it a bunch of kids at the broncos can be conditioned for NRL footy within a few games while we're still pissing about with the same players for years? Tualau for example looked like a solid prospect coming off the bench during the backend of Des' stint yet completely dropped off the map when Des left and Pay took over.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters 13+ is part of my big multi-bet this weekend. Watch us lose by 12.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Or our coaching staff could actually do their job and get them up to scratch. How is it a bunch of kids at the broncos can be conditioned for NRL footy within a few games while we're still pissing about with the same players for years? Tualau for example looked like a solid prospect coming off the bench during the backend of Des' stint yet completely dropped off the map when Des left and Pay took over.
This is exactly what i don't understand and what the idiots like Horse and the other fuckwits that back Pay.
Tualau had massive wraps on him yet died in the ass when pay is here. Toomaga hardly ever used ogden keeps getting dropped
While
ELLIOT AND SMITH get picked every fkn week, week in week out.

Yet Seibold has a team of 19yr olds and they shit all over our team. Yes there players are talented, so are ours. They are missing a coach who believes in them and players who will take them under their wing. Tolman Jackson and Napa arent those Steven price type player that will help develop these talents..