Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can get behind this if true.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Brailey going to the Knights Danny is being pushed out.

Sidelined for up to two months after undergoing ankle surgery last week to repair a torn ligament, Levi also has another year to run at the Knights but has been told the club would not stand in his way if he was able to secure a longer term deal elsewhere.

His form over the past month leading into the Roosters' clash where he was injured early in the game had been exceptional but there is a strongly held belief within the club the Knights need more of a team player who is capable of playing 80 minutes if they are to morph into a genuine premiership contender.

"Brailey may not have that touch of brilliance out of dummy half that Danny has running the footy but his overall game management and his ability to play 80 minutes is what makes him a good option,"one Knights source said.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly hooker Apisai Koroisau has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs despite having more than two years remaining on his contract, sparking a merry-go-round in the dummy-half ranks.

The Warriors, almost certain to part company with Issac Luke at the end of the season, are one of three clubs that have already expressed interest in Koroisau. Canterbury is another, although they are also in negotiations with Newcastle’s Danny Levi, another contracted player on the outer.

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire won a premiership with Koroisau at South Sydney and would love to reunite with him, but the joint-venture outfit isn’t in a position to recruit a No.9 of his quality until they move on contracted players. The Tigers are keen to add to their hooking stocks in the expectation veteran Robbie Farah will retire at the end of the season. They have re-signed Jacob Liddle and also secured promising Broncos youngster Jake Simpkin, but require further depth in the position.

In Canterbury’s case, they could be making a double play for Newcastle talent. As well as eyeing off Levi, the Bulldogs are keen on another contracted Knight, Herman Ese’ese. The blue and whites have the luxury of having some salary cap space to manoeuvre, although they may need the Knights to pay some of the freight to take the duo off their books. Newcastle are close to securing Jayden Brailey from Cronulla, but are seeking to first shift Levi.

Injuries have limited Koroisau to just 27 matches since the start of last year and he is again sidelined with a syndesmosis injury that will likely keep him out for another fortnight. When fit, he is one of the most dangerous runners out of dummy-half in the game, evidenced by the fact he was mooted as a potential NSW No.9 before Damien Cook secured the position.

The Sea Eagles have told the Fijian international they will honour his contract if he chooses to stay put. However, the emergence of young hooker Manase Fainu, coupled with the need to free up salary cap space to retain Tom and Jake Trbojevic, has prompted the club to allow Koroisau to explore his options.

Fainu started off his career as the bench back up for Koroisau, but it appears those roles will be reversed when both are fit.

“I’m pretty disappointed Api isn’t there, he’ll be back in a couple of weeks,” Fainu said.

“He is a big loss to us and I can’t wait until he comes back. He brings a lot of confidence to my game and to the team.

“I didn’t expect to play every round this year. I’ve just got to grab it with both hands, make the most of every opportunity I can take.”

The Warriors have indicated Luke is not in their long-term plans and the Kiwi international will likely have to move to England to continue his career. With Nathaniel Roache currently sidelined with his third season-ending ACL injury in as many years, officials are on the lookout for a quality rake. The Herald can reveal the Warriors have already reached out to Koroisau’s management to register their interest.

Ese’ese scored in Newcastle’s loss to the Roosters and will stay put if he can’t find another home. However, the Knights have told the prop he is free to test his market value.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...hooker-to-look-elsewhere-20190723-p52a0t.html

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fmd Levi. We always end up with the leftovers.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So when we should be trying to get better and build future .. this name pops up..!!

We need to aim a little higher, no thanks.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney, Cogger, Levi... all thats missing is Brock Lamb then we will be shit and trying to replicate knights shit team over the last few seasons lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why do we always try and make a Michelin Star meal with table scraps?

How about we stop ANY recruitment until the new coach is named, and let the NEW coach build the team he wants!!!

Else all we are doing is building a complete clusterfuck of bog average players, and leaving however coaches us in 2020 with absolutely no room to move in the cap.

and if we enter 2020 without a new coach, the board should be replaced as well. To attempt to salvage the pathetic performance this year is unforgivable. Fans won't cop this shit 2 years in a row.

Turpin, Brailey, Robson ...who else were we apparently after and have missed out on?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give me Api every day of the week over Levi! Levi is rubbish.
Have you seen him play this year he aint rubbish every knights fan i know are so pissed hes being let go ,he passes brilliantly and great out of dummy half

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Levi is absolute trash. He's Newcastle's version of Lichaa. Why replace Lichaa with another Lichaa?

I heard about this weeks ago and was furious and hoped it wasn't true. Robson, Brailey, Turpin, Grant, Tevega, Liddle etc were all on the market and they try and sign Danny fucking Levi..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney, Cogger, Levi... all thats missing is Brock Lamb then we will be shit and trying to replicate knights shit team over the last few seasons lol
Absolutely. Genius recruitment. Hey, let's try and sign the whole reserve grade spine of a team that won the spoon two years straight and barely scrapes into the 8 now...

They should sign Jamie Buhrer as well to complete the shit sandwich.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely. Genius recruitment. Hey, let's try and sign the whole reserve grade spine of a team that won the spoon two years straight and barely scrapes into the 8 now...

They should sign Jamie Buhrer as well to complete the shit sandwich.
This exactly. What are these fuckwits thinking? No wonder we are Fucking still with pay as coach. We are ran by Fucking clowns

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Api is still under contract why would we help Manly free up cap space that they might need to to retain the Turbo brothers? We should be offering Fainu a big deal instead as he is the future. Signing Levi is a step in the wrong direction and shows the club still hasnt learned from the lessons of the past

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you seen him play this year he aint rubbish every knights fan i know are so pissed hes being let go ,he passes brilliantly and great out of dummy half
Can’t agree mate. He takes wrong options all the time and has been unable to cement a spot at the Knights after being there for years. He’s got no consistency and is the Knights version of Lichaa.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Levi is absolute trash. He's Newcastle's version of Lichaa. Why replace Lichaa with another Lichaa?

I heard about this weeks ago and was furious and hoped it wasn't true. Robson, Brailey, Turpin, Grant, Tevega, Liddle etc were all on the market and they try and sign Danny fucking Levi..
We need something different. Anyone is an upgrade on Lichaa even if Levi is a minor upgrade. Surely there’s another Hodgson in the UK we can get across

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Api is still under contract why would we help Manly free up cap space that they might need to to retain the Turbo brothers? We should be offering Fainu a big deal instead as he is the future. Signing Levi is a step in the wrong direction and shows the club still hasnt learned from the lessons of the past
Because we aren’t getting the Turbos and Api is a decent hooker that we should be going after.