Other News Source The Consolidated Trbojevic Brothers Thread

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this is the case (vendettas) it'll bite us in the arse.

Best concentrating on doing whats best for our team, rather than pissing off other teams for no reason.
Well I'd rather see the club playing Russian rue-let with other teams off contract talent, than seeing Dib bending over for Polatis every other day of the week. What's wrong with driving up prices??? We have payed overs long enough it's time to return the favor.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Best concentrating on doing whats best for our team, rather than pissing off other teams for no reason.
They are doing whats best for the club.

They are sounding out the games best players, and hopefully a couple stick. If they dont, you cant say they never tried

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We are the bulldogs, we always have a target on us regardless.

For no reason? Putting money collars on other teams for the next decade ensuring their recruitment and retention isn't easy is a very good move if we want to get back to the top and stay there.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are doing whats best for the club.

They are sounding out the games best players, and hopefully a couple stick. If they dont, you cant say they never tried
We are not getting any of these players... Its all fun and games to do other clubs heads in.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are not getting any of these players... Its all fun and games to do other clubs heads in.
I see no negatives.

If we end up with one or two of them, it’s a win.

If not, other clubs would have to pay a higher price to keep them, which is also a win.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dog Act! Bulldogs plot to steal Manly’s star Trbojevic brothers from Des

· July 23, 2019 4:44pm

· JAMES HOOPER@jimmyhooper

· Source: FOX SPORTS

The Manly Sea Eagles will have a fight on their hands to retain the Trbojevic brothers come November 1 with the Bulldogs confirming an intention to try and bring the NSW State of Origin duo to Belmore.

While the Sea Eagles have talked up a five-year $10 million package deal aimed at keeping the Turbo brothers on the northern beaches, the Silvertails won’t have it all their own way.

The Bulldogs might be battling to avoid the wooden spoon in the midst of an ongoing salary cap mess but by 2021 they’ll have a war chest building to try and sign some of the NRL’s biggest names.

Canterbury-Bankstown CEO Andrew Hill has told Fox Sports the Bulldogs will open talks with Manly’s NSW Origin and Australian duo if they’re still free agents come November 1.

“We’d certainly be interested if they were on the market come November 1,” Hill said.

The Bulldogs have been busily sounding out a variety of big-name players and young gun juniors behind-the-scenes in the lead-up to being able to table formal offers to free agents.

The Bulldogs have a host of club’s highest-paid players off contract at the end of 2020 including Kieran Foran, Josh Jackson, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Will Hopoate.

Other Bulldogs players off contract at the end of 2020 include Adam Elliott, Jack Cogger, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kerrod Holland, Lachlan Lewis and Aiden Tolman.

So it’s fair to say Canterbury-Bankstown will have a multimillion-dollar war chest.

At the same time Manly have signaled an intention to try and lock the Turbo brothers up long-term prior to the November 1 open market deadline.

To keep the brothers on the northern beaches, the Sea Eagles are expected to need to deliver both contracts in excess of $1 million per season.

The issue for Manly is the size of captain Daly Cherry-Evans’s contract, which takes up 16 per cent of the Sea Eagles salary cap until the end of 2023.

The Bulldogs play will add a new chapter to the rivalry between both clubs, which stems back to Canterbury-Bankstown poaching Des Hasler after the Sea Eagles won the premiership in 2011.

Hasler then took the Bulldogs to grand finals in 2012 and 2014 before being sacked at the end of the 2017 season after missing the finals for the first time in six seasons.

- PLEASE make this happen as us loyal supporters need something to look forward to and this would also stick it back to Hasler as KARMA is a BITARCH!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dog Act! Bulldogs plot to steal Manly’s star Trbojevic brothers from Des

· July 23, 2019 4:44pm

· JAMES HOOPER@jimmyhooper

· Source: FOX SPORTS

The Manly Sea Eagles will have a fight on their hands to retain the Trbojevic brothers come November 1 with the Bulldogs confirming an intention to try and bring the NSW State of Origin duo to Belmore.

While the Sea Eagles have talked up a five-year $10 million package deal aimed at keeping the Turbo brothers on the northern beaches, the Silvertails won’t have it all their own way.

The Bulldogs might be battling to avoid the wooden spoon in the midst of an ongoing salary cap mess but by 2021 they’ll have a war chest building to try and sign some of the NRL’s biggest names.

Canterbury-Bankstown CEO Andrew Hill has told Fox Sports the Bulldogs will open talks with Manly’s NSW Origin and Australian duo if they’re still free agents come November 1.

“We’d certainly be interested if they were on the market come November 1,” Hill said.

The Bulldogs have been busily sounding out a variety of big-name players and young gun juniors behind-the-scenes in the lead-up to being able to table formal offers to free agents.

The Bulldogs have a host of club’s highest-paid players off contract at the end of 2020 including Kieran Foran, Josh Jackson, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Will Hopoate.

Other Bulldogs players off contract at the end of 2020 include Adam Elliott, Jack Cogger, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kerrod Holland, Lachlan Lewis and Aiden Tolman.

So it’s fair to say Canterbury-Bankstown will have a multimillion-dollar war chest.

At the same time Manly have signaled an intention to try and lock the Turbo brothers up long-term prior to the November 1 open market deadline.

To keep the brothers on the northern beaches, the Sea Eagles are expected to need to deliver both contracts in excess of $1 million per season.

The issue for Manly is the size of captain Daly Cherry-Evans’s contract, which takes up 16 per cent of the Sea Eagles salary cap until the end of 2023.

The Bulldogs play will add a new chapter to the rivalry between both clubs, which stems back to Canterbury-Bankstown poaching Des Hasler after the Sea Eagles won the premiership in 2011.

Hasler then took the Bulldogs to grand finals in 2012 and 2014 before being sacked at the end of the 2017 season after missing the finals for the first time in six seasons.

- PLEASE make this happen as us loyal supporters need something to look forward to and this would also stick it back to Hasler as KARMA is a BITARCH!!!
I hope so please please let this go through come November 1st, PLEASE like you said this would stick it back at Hasler and also give us something to cheer about FINALLY!!!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly are offering the Turbos $2,000,000 AUD as a package deal, I'd be offering them 147,887,480.42 RSD which is Serbian dinars same amount but sounds a lot more :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many times are they going to write the same article? There'll be so much more of this rubbish til 2021.

Agents will use the media to drive up the price of their clients and our club is the perfect bargaining tool.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly will have to spend big to keep them. Also don't forget Tapau is off contract 2020!

Of the players off contract in 2020 my recruitment drive for 2021 would be:

Tapau - Manly
Kaufusi - Storm
Frizell - Dragons
Graham - Dragons 1 yr deal
Sezer or Townsend

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly will have to spend big to keep them. Also don't forget Tapau is off contract 2020!

Tapau - Manly
Kaufusi - Storm
Frizell - Dragons
Sezer or Townsend
I’d take the first 3 on that list

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How’s that Crawley muppet on fox “the nrl can’t afford for Manly to lose the Trbojevic brothers”
Fuck off numpty!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Tapau - Manly
Kaufusi - Storm
Frizell - Dragons
Sezer or Townsend
We need a top class FB, prop, hooker and Centre if we want to challenge the best.

Pretty sure we got enough stock at the club to fill in the rest.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How’s that Crawley muppet on fox “the nrl can’t afford for Manly to lose the Trbojevic brothers”
Fuck off numpty!
He actually does look and sound like numpty doesn't he... perfect name.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing really new here, I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if they left, can’t see it happening.

If it puts salary cap pressure on Manly to up the ante to keep the brothers, I’m all for it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm not even entertaining this as a possibility tbh, they will sign before Nov 1 IMO. I'm happy for us to try but hoping that we don't put all our eggs in this one unlikely basket. Atleast Manly will pay more then they would have.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing really new here, I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if they left, can’t see it happening.

If it puts salary cap pressure on Manly to up the ante to keep the brothers, I’m all for it.
So they’d potentially have 3 players on something close to ~$3.4M. Doesn’t leave much space for the other 27 players