Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Foran being shopped around

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah, but they can shift the 3rd parties to other players in their squad and have the Trbojevic brothers in the cap.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs write off next year so why have a 1.2mill half who is just as likely to be injured for half the season. Outcome will be the same. Smart move by the club. Heck paying 600 to 700k would be fine with me.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reading between the lines and by the sounds of it, Manly has already made an offer to both brothers which has been rejected, as it involves massive chunks of 3rd party payments which cannot be guaranteed.

Fuck i hope the Andersons fuck Hasler up the ass
Which makes it all the more reason that Foran can't and wont go to Manly...but dream away.

Des probably telling himself he dodged a bullet by leaving early!

Its a 1 year rent anyways. Foran in 2021 wont be on any more than 500k unless another sucker ponies up.

IF manly have the cap, he could be their one year run to the finals buy.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Which makes it all the more reason that Foran can't and wont go to Manly...but dream away.

Des probably telling himself he dodged a bullet by leaving early!

Its a 1 year rent anyways. Foran in 2021 wont be on any more than 500k unless another sucker ponies up.

IF manly have the cap, he could be their one year run to the finals buy.
Why do you think Hasler extended AFB this season and hasn't and will not extend Tapau and Koroisau?

Even if Foran does go to Manly in 2021 he will be a paraplegic by than, but Hasler will make it clear that under Donne Singe, Foran will be back in shape like he was at 21, and DCE will also be 32.

Hasler will try and backend whatever he can

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, but they can shift the 3rd parties to other players in their squad and have the Trbojevic brothers in the cap.
If you were one of those players, would you accept such a ludicrous change to your contract?

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why do you think Hasler extended AFB this season and hasn't and will not extend Tapau and Koroisau?

Even if Foran does go to Manly in 2021 he will be a paraplegic by than, but Hasler will make it clear that under Donne Singe, Foran will be back in shape like he was at 21, and DCE will also be 32.

Hasler will try and backend whatever he can
I am not sure why you think Des is hard for Foran that much. Manly simply cant afford him.

AFB is extended because he is young. Taupau will be asking for too much and will be 31 in 2021 for whoever he signs with.

Koroisau is also likely to leave because they are prioritising Fainu.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His last year is next year anyway.. if there is no decent rellacement for him next year i dont mind him being here..

When hes on the field we go far better..

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we save 700k and jag a decent signing ie a top line centre or hooker or beast like Taupau then do it

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot see any other club offering Foran a contract, too injury prone, more time off the field then on, how many games did he miss last season to start this season fresh and it didn't take long and he was injured again.
And he's injured yet again, the biggest waste of money ever spent by this club and still another season of a player who will be getting paid to sit and watch our team get smashed.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reported he is on $1.2m next year.

Manly are interested but only have 400k available in their cap, which would require Foran to take a pay cut, which he has declined and rightly so.

What a disaster of a buy Foran has been.
He’s not on 1.2mil a season lol... not even close to it

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past our incompetent board. Des might finally pick him up for a bargain.
Incompetence was Dib allowing Des to sign A busted (mentally & physically) Foran on $1M per year......MORONS x2

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he is bud. For next season he is, back ended. Hes on close to a mill a year average.
The quote says 1.2m a year... back ended is different... Eastwood was a million dollar player on his last season but that doesn’t mean he was on a mil a year.

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly this! Completely insane. Foran when on the field is a different league and now Reynolds is injured bloody worse than Foran and no where near as talented or skilled.

I understand Foran is busted but fuck paying 500k for him to go elsewhere unless that 700k signed a young star prospect and it won’t. Flops like Moses brooks mbye Taylor etc get fucking 800-1mil.

We should of went hard for young Flanagan instead roosters did.
Particularly since the Guppies didn't want Flanno due to his surname!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Danny Weidler claims that the ex-Manly and Parramatta pivot has told his closest associates of the plan.
Translation: Danny was bored at work and needed to make some shit up for his column, so spun the line of Foran telling his "closest associates", which apparently doesn't mean his manager, because:

Foran and his manager, however, denied Weidler’s claims.
Translation: Shut the fuck up Danny you shitspinner.

Banned
Reaction score
I can see a club like the Tits getting some benefit from Foran.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love foran when hes on the field but lets face it his body is broken

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs write off next year so why have a 1.2mill half who is just as likely to be injured for half the season. Outcome will be the same. Smart move by the club. Heck paying 600 to 700k would be fine with me.
I disagree. Which class half is unsigned for next season? Unless there’s a top class replacement willing to come we are better off keeping Foran and having his full salary to spend on 2021 under a new coach