Opinion Ofahiki Ogden

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If a player is relying on that and not putting in extra work then he doesn't deserve to play - it's obvious he isn't going to make it at our club if that's his mindset.
Mate u can run around an oval a million times and it still wont add up to 80mins of footy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No - Ogden would offer more than both in short ten to 12 minute stints, especially if not having to do much defence. As someone wrote earlier game time will improve fitness - he bends the line, he attracts defenders but unfortunately struggles with repeat defensive efforts and the speed of the game. Far more potential than Elliot n smith but needs to strengthen his weaknesses.
You could say that about To'omaga too and it's probably why Ogden has dropped out. You can get away with one but two players like this is too much.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we haven't re-signed Fualalo so there's a very good chance he won't be at the club next year.

Can someone explain to me the point of playing him over Ogden who will be here next year?
Same reason Meaney is still on the wing. Fcuk knows!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You could say that about To'omaga too and it's probably why Ogden has dropped out. You can get away with one but two players like this is too much.
Should we really care though? Considering we are long shots at winning anything this year and considering we are long shots at purchasing any props of value shouldn't we really want these kids with potential to get as much footy in them as possible? How else can we get the most out of them in the near future. Hek if Pay is persisting with Meaney on a wing then why the fcuk wouldn't you persist with boys with potential in the middle?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Guessing you didn’t watch the game last week Alzz?

He was given a golden opportunity in the starting team to prove himself and he dogged it big time. Minimal impact in attack and his defence was woefully soft.
So, give a guy one game a year to prove himself and if not drop him, what a master coach Pay is FFS

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should we really care though? Considering we are long shots at winning anything this year and considering we are long shots at purchasing any props of value shouldn't we really want these kids with potential to get as much footy in them as possible? How else can we get the most out of them in the near future. Hek if Pay is persisting with Meaney on a wing then why the fcuk wouldn't you persist with boys with potential in the middle?
I agree just trying to think why Pay did it that way. There’s no method to the madness.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly I think people are in love with Ogden mainly because he looks like a big scary Islander rather than what he actually brings to the table.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was killing it then pay the flop drops him ,pay just fucks their mojo yet Chris Smith/elliott fuck up week after week no dramas pay is really depressing me im almost over it fmd please get rid of him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only Napa ran for slightly more metres because he got more minutes

Ogden has been treated like shit by Pay all season

But Elliot and Smith get picked regardless

Fk this imposter coach off already

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I think people are in love with Ogden mainly because he looks like a big scary Islander rather than what he actually brings to the table.
This comment is extremely accurate.

There was tantrums from Kennellers last year because Tualau wasn't getting picked. Look how that turned out.

Give me a hard working Tolman-type over a pea-hearted islander any day of the week.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with Ogden being dropped IF Chris Smith wasn’t in the team. How the fuck is he even sniffing the NRL is beyond me. absolute joke.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ha no. Probably more to do with the fact that he can carry the ball a whole extra metre per run than the likes of Napa and Tolman and actually bump off defenders and generate a quick play the ball

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
If I was Ogden id work on getting fit and more agile so I could handle the speed of first grade. I agree he makes ground and can take out defenders but he is easily spotted in defence.
Decent trainers in our club wouldn’t hurt either

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Decent trainers in our club wouldn’t hurt either
I’d love to see some new faces in strength and conditioning. Grimaldi and Harris have been here a long time and fitness has been a issue for a few seasons now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d love to see some new faces in strength and conditioning. Grimaldi and Harris have been here a long time and fitness has been a issue for a few seasons now.
Our conditioning is shit. What's the point of Tolman supposedly being able to play 80 when he can't generate any momentum with his runs? What's the point of having the likes of Ogden and To'omaga who actually have leg drive and can generate momentum yet we can't get them on the field long enough? The Broncos have fucking kids that can smash out big runs and minutes despite only playing a handful of games. The club has just go so many things wrong.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This comment is extremely accurate.

There was tantrums from Kennellers last year because Tualau wasn't getting picked. Look how that turned out.

Give me a hard working Tolman-type over a pea-hearted islander any day of the week.
Spoken like a true red neck Australian

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our conditioning is shit. What's the point of Tolman supposedly being able to play 80 when he can't generate any momentum with his runs? What's the point of having the likes of Ogden and To'omaga who actually have leg drive and can generate momentum yet we can't get them on the field long enough? The Broncos have fucking kids that can smash out big runs and minutes despite only playing a handful of games. The club has just go so many things wrong.
Spot on! Look at what they have done to Jackson they made him as wide as he is tall and in the process lost a lot of agility. Someone on here a few months ago said that our strength and conditioning was years out of date and it shows.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We could carry Tolman & Napa on the bench if our other props were decent.

Elliott, Faitala-Mariner, Smith, Fualalo, Sue, Ogden and Tualau are not up to it. South's second string forward pack is better than ours, they've unearthed some young guys who rip in.