Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is happening, probably can see the signs in pay or in players performance before the announcement.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why does the media keep saying that titans are favourites for Holbrook?
This is a fuckin circus

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Titans coaching option Justin Holbrook under fire in UK over relegation battle

Titans coaching favourite Justin Holbrook is under fire in England amid accusations that he is manipulating the relegation battle in Super League.

Holbrook’s St Helens team went into last weekend’s game against last-placed London Broncos 12 points clear of the field.

So Holbrook chose to rest more than half his squad - and his makeshift team was thumped 32-12.

It was the second time Saints lost to the struggling London in similar circumstances this season and as a result, they have a chance to avoid the dreaded drop.

In a dogfight with dire consequences, London are now in equal last spot with Hull KR and Leeds - all locked on 16 points.

And Holbrook’s decision to rest his stars has created a furore with fans of rival clubs in the press and on social media.

“If London consign Leeds or Hull KR to the drop by virtue of having won against virtually a St Helens academy team, it will be the biggest disgrace our sport has seen,” a Mrs J Heppenstall posted in an English league newspaper.

“It is entirely wrong that Justin Holbrook is allowed to play games with the futures of clubs that have given so much to the sport, unlike London.”

Holbrook, who is the hot tip to take over the struggling Titans next season, defending his move to rest his stars.

“It was the right time that’s for sure – we have played a lot of hard games and asked a lot from our players. I thought our young guys earned the opportunity and it was the right time absolutely,” Holbrook told the media.

“We made the right changes, but we didn’t play good enough despite doing well to get back in the game."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/titans...r-league/a50f8a84-908b-4202-9803-37514190df64

Last edited by a moderator:

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe if we get thumped this weekend (fairly likely) they might announce something. Probably too good to be true.

GirthGorilla

Waterboy
Reaction score
Seen Terry lamb the other day n put the Q to him re Dean pays coaching ability.
He replies, all smug might I add, what's wrong with it.. he's gota young squad n his contract has been extended.
I looked at him with surprise n said, OFCOURSE n walked away n thought to myself money talks.... he's gota job at the dogs n while pay is there it's safe.
Do ppl at the dogs actually give a fk.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He replies, all smug might I add, what's wrong with it.. he's gota young squad n his contract has been extended.
I looked at him with surprise n said, OFCOURSE n walked away n thought to myself money talks.... he's gota job at the dogs n while pay is there it's safe.
Terry Lamb has been working for dogs for years, his job is not in anyway connected to Dean Pay staying. He just probably didn’t want to share to much with some Neville nobody.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Should of replied what’s right with it? We are fucking woeful and have been for his entire reign.

It’s not all his fault though he isn’t helping and is out of his depth.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This thread will get a clean up again lol. Keep checking for legit posts, nothing but bickering

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally agree. But winning is more about players than the coach. When we get quality players, we will start winning.
I feel the wheels are in motion about rebuilding the team. We have DWZ ans Stimson for starters. More will be coming.
A quality coach attracts the good players too. I don't know who is more attractive between Pay and Holbrook.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now now.... why are people at each others throats....

Unless it's from the club, grain of salt!