Official Bulldogs Home Grounds

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Through recent correspondence you would have seen that the proposed re-development of ANZ Stadium has now been put back until after the 2020 Sydney State of Origin match, played in June/July and as a result of that the Bulldogs will look to play as many of our home matches at ANZ Stadium until that work starts.

As you know the club has been looking at alternative venue options for additional home matches and as a result I can provide the following update:
  • The club will continue in its second and final year as the home side in Brisbane as part of Magic Round
  • The club will continue to play one home match at our spiritual ground at Belmore
  • Bankwest Stadium will be our venue for any additional home matches in Sydney that take place after the start of the ANZ Stadium re-development
In addition, the club is pleased to announce that it will take one home match per year to Perth for seasons 2020, 2021 and 2022.

The Western Australian Government has been passionate about bringing top-level rugby league to Perth and has sought to form a partnership with the Bulldogs in order to provide a platform to showcase our great club.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will, therefore, make Perth’s HBF Park their home for three matches over the next three seasons.

With the enormous success of the State of Origin match in Perth last month, this is a fantastic opportunity for the Bulldogs to showcase themselves in a market that has embraced the game of rugby league and we thank the Western Australian Government for choosing the Bulldogs to be part of this opportunity moving forward.

It also means that Bulldogs fans can next season look forward to ten home matches in Sydney, in addition to our staging of home matches at Magic Round and in Perth.

More details will be sent in due course, but I thought that it was important to make sure that you as Members got to hear the news first.

As always I thank you for your continued support.

Source- club email

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only 10 Sydney home games, membership prices had better fall next year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Warriors or Cowboys should be the games taken to Perth. It’s a massive plane trip and when Souths played the Warriors over there the Warriors had a shocking record.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’m taking the fact that we are playing games in Perth until 2022,
ANZ will be ready for us the year after,we should be firing on all cylinders by then and a real premiership contender

All good folks happy days are not too far away again.
Fantastic thriving club at Belmore
Good coach & competitive team
Strong 30,000 membership base
Refurbished stadium

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Taking games to Perth... cue the relocation conspiracies

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So this is the first step of our relocation? Hmmm

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Perth! This is worrying....Why didn’t the gov do ANZ first rather than alliance, fucking joke!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Western bulldogs like in the gayfl

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't mind them taking a game to Perth. It would probably be against a non Sydney team that wouldn't draw a crowd like the Titans..They'd probably make way more money there, get a better crowd and help grow the game over there...

There is zero chance our club will relocate. Gold Coast will eventually to Brisbane/Ipswich... Then they'll add two teams in the year 2045 when they're "ready" to expand into Perth and maybe the Central Coast etc..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind them taking a game to Perth. It would probably be against a non Sydney team that wouldn't draw a crowd like the Titans..They'd probably make way more money there, get a better crowd and help grow the game over there...

There is zero chance our club will relocate. Gold Coast will eventually to Brisbane/Ipswich... Then they'll add two teams in the year 2045 when they're "ready" to expand into Perth and maybe the Central Coast etc..
Cronulla’s chances of being relocated are slowly increasing. They could have secured their long term future with the development but sold it back to the developers for a lump sum and now they are going to be with out a home ground for 2 years. Everything will take a hit while they are away and it could well use up the lump sum and leave them where they started although they won’t have anything to save them this time.

I’m sure the developers would love to tear down Shark Park and use the land for more units.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cronulla’s chances of being relocated are slowly increasing. They could have secured their long term future with the development but sold it back to the developers for a lump sum and now they are going to be with out a home ground for 2 years. Everything will take a hit while they are away and it could well use up the lump sum and leave them where they started although they won’t have anything to save them this time.

I’m sure the developers would love to tear down Shark Park and use the land for more units.....
Cronulla should be a candidate to be relocated because they have always offered sweet fuck all to the competition, but I can't see them relocating a Sydney team as it would be a PR disaster. They don't want to go down that route after the backlash of kicking Souths and Norths out of the comp. Plus Cronulla are the ultimate protected species as evidenced by their cap "penalties" and being allowed to keep their premiership. They've been near bankrupt for decades and keep surviving.

Relocating the Titans is much easier as geographically it makes sense to keep the team in QLD, they have no fans or history and every sporting franchise throughout history has been a miserable failure on the Gold Coast.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cronulla should be a candidate to be relocated because they have always offered sweet fuck all to the competition, but I can't see them relocating a Sydney team as it would be a PR disaster. They don't want to go down that route after the backlash of kicking Souths and Norths out of the comp. Plus Cronulla are the ultimate protected species as evidenced by their cap "penalties" and being allowed to keep their premiership. They've been near bankrupt for decades and keep surviving.

Relocating the Titans is much easier as geographically it makes sense to keep the team in QLD, they have no fans or history and every sporting franchise throughout history has been a miserable failure on the Gold Coast.
I don’t think too many people would bat an eyelid if the Sharks got shafted to Perth and the NRL have used them for all they can now they have their fairytale grand final win. It will be interesting when the next club falls over and see if the NRL go through with their threat of not bailing clubs out because I really think the Sharks will test them over the next few years.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Not if Skomo has anything to do with it. He will pull some strings

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I’m taking the fact that we are playing games in Perth until 2022,
ANZ will be ready for us the year after,we should be firing on all cylinders by then and a real premiership contender

All good folks happy days are not too far away again.
Fantastic thriving club at Belmore
Good coach & competitive team
Strong 30,000 membership base
Refurbished stadium
So 30 new players and a new coach?....3 or 4 marque players costing $1m each per season? So all the other Clubs will just let us take whoever we want and pay them whatever we want?
Im yet to see any evidence of any team that has ever said ..."sure, we are coming last now but in 2 years were gonna be a premiership threat" come true. Give me a break. Firing on all cylinders.
Funny thing is you never hear the Storm or Roosters say this. How many minor premierships have they won between them the last 6 years? They focus on this year and next. Only when we have the systems, structures, pathways call it what you will in place will we compete...be that in 2 or 5 or 10 years or whenever.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 30 new players and a new coach?....3 or 4 marque players costing $1m each per season? So all the other Clubs will just let us take whoever we want and pay them whatever we want?
Im yet to see any evidence of any team that has ever said ..."sure, we are coming last now but in 2 years were gonna be a premiership threat" come true. Give me a break. Firing on all cylinders.
Funny thing is you never hear the Storm or Roosters say this. How many minor premierships have they won between them the last 6 years? They focus on this year and next. Only when we have the systems, structures, pathways call it what you will in place will we compete...be that in 2 or 5 or 10 years or whenever.
All I’m trying to do is be positive and talk our great club up a bit,
A lot can change in 2 or 3 years,we will have a new coach soon and a big cleanup at the end of next year
We will be competitive once our cap situation is sorted out.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate what you on about, they’re getting a new leagues club by 2022 and made 80m from that development

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate what you on about, they’re getting a new leagues club by 2022 and made 80m from that development
They got around $10 mill up front which they needed to service loans then they get around $1.5 mill a year for a few years but once that’s gone they get nothing from the developement. They could have had a money stream forever from rent but chose a lump sum because they no bank would give them money.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They got around $10 mill up front which they needed to service loans then they get around $1.5 mill a year for a few years but once that’s gone they get nothing from the developement. They could have had a money stream forever from rent but chose a lump sum because they no bank would give them money.
Last month, the club announced it had reached agreement to sell its remaining interest to Capital Bluestone for $40 million.

The Sharks retain ownership of the leagues club and football stadium.

They got 40mil plus the other units they sold before selling out