Official Montoya suffers season-ending injury

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm Marcelo Montoya has suffered a season-ending knee injury.

Scans on Monday morning confirmed the 23-year old had suffered a posterior cruciate tear, lateral ligament tear and medial meniscal tear to his left knee.

The results of the scans will see Montoya require an arthroscope to repair the lateral ligament and medial meniscus and at that time the surgeon will also assess the PCL and make a call on whether it requires reconstructing.

He will miss the remainder of the season and be sidelined for up to three months.

The incident occurred in the 25th minute of the Bulldogs loss to the Brisbane Broncos when he collided with fullback Anthony Milford.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/07/22/montoya-suffers-season-ending-injury/

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nasty injury! Only the ACL wasn't torn.

Montoya struggled for pace before this injury it will be even worse after this.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bad news for him. Must admit he's a better centre than he is a winger. Other than a few random mediocre games, he's overall been pretty solid for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luckily for him it wasn't worse. I was thinking it could be his ACL when I first saw it...

This should be the perfect opportunity for Harper to get a run but Holland will likely play instead.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Luckily for him it wasn't worse. I was thinking it could be his ACL when I first saw it...

This should be the perfect opportunity for Harper to get a run but Holland will likely play instead.
Na, Pay will play CHN at centre and give Elliott the edge spot lol.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Probably a good thing holland is playing. He's got quite a bit of attacking flair. As with Harper, we shouldn't rush him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sucks, bit of bad luck, started to find a little form of late..!!

Maybe the time for Harper to get the nod. See what he has too offer!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Farout he’s going to be even slower somehow

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never liked Montoya, I have always thought he was dumb as a stump as a player but I hope he gets back on his feet soon.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably a good thing holland is playing. He's got quite a bit of attacking flair. As with Harper, we shouldn't rush him.
Surely Harper should get a shot at some point during the final eight games of the season.

People say he might not be ready, but people said the same about Wakeham and he's played pretty well. Same with Lewis last season and he played well the last few months of last season.

Even if Holland and Harper come in for Meaney and Montoya, both Holland and Harper could alternate between wing and centre...

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sad for him, can see he’s trying. I just done believe he’s NRL standard, massive liability in defense and offers little attacking threat.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Has done some good things this year and had some strong carries, hasn’t got to where he needs to be consistently though.

Pretty shit injury though, hope he does ok through recovery.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was coming along slowly but surely, hope he's not one of those players that do five knee's and have to retire.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm Marcelo Montoya has suffered a season-ending knee injury.

Scans on Monday morning confirmed the 23-year old had suffered a posterior cruciate tear, lateral ligament tear and medial meniscal tear to his left knee.

The results of the scans will see Montoya require an arthroscope to repair the lateral ligament and medial meniscus and at that time the surgeon will also assess the PCL and make a call on whether it requires reconstructing.

He will miss the remainder of the season and be sidelined for up to three months.

The incident occurred in the 25th minute of the Bulldogs loss to the Brisbane Broncos when he collided with fullback Anthony Milford.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/07/22/montoya-suffers-season-ending-injury/
Poor bugger. And he got penalized for it. I reckon that's all she wrote for him.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish him all the best in his recovery. Hope he sees the light and starts a new career