News Bulldogs battle to rebuild

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m curious to know why in the world our board would have anything to do with a website? It is nothing to do with them, it probably doesn’t even have CEO sign/off.

A board of directors meets approximately 8–10 times a year and they don’t get “paid” a great deal to be on the board.

It is not a full time job, I’m thinking by the majority of posts on here that people don’t get or understand that. The CEO makes the day to day key business decisions in any organisation.

Every second post on here mentions the board, but rarely does Hill get a mention in posts and he would be making the bulk of key business decisions.

Anderson is clearly making recruitment decisions but will have a recruitment committee that he works with but I’m guessing final say comes from him. I’d be surprised if Pay has a great deal of say in recruitment...
The website they had up pushing their case before they were elected. It had everything to do with them and it was pure shit. Goodluck to them, hopefully they don't fuck up and keep Pay.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So if the Roostets website was shit you would blame Politis?

Lol
That's a terrible comparison, politis wouldn't make a website to lobby to become CEO. Our board did tbis hence why any errors on there rest with them and the person who developed it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need gus gould doing what the Anderson arent im sure hed love to turn the club around
What’s Gould going to do? He didn’t set the world on fire at the Panthers. The current board have cleared the decks and now have the chance to make their mark. The next 6 months will be the making of them or the beginning of the end for them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Danny the drama queen. Took him long enough.

Business posted on facebook on 10th, and was under the next day.

Just because staff are paid out and made redundant, doesn't mean every creditor owed money, or every contracted worker on their books is paid up. Those are the people that will send you bankrupt if you are personally exposed and liable. I haven't seen the full ASIC documents to know the state of things (you can buy it for $17).

From reviews it seems payments had a habit of being slow/late.

So what does all this mean? Well it's not a good look for starters having board members who can't run a small business. It also brings into question if they are "fit and proper" people to be sitting on a board.

I do feel for them and the staff. Having worked in small businesses all my life I've seen two go under and the pain and stress it brings not only the owners, but the employees.

The timing is bad, and it's ammo for a rebel ticket if they were to form (Paul Dunn maybe?).

All is not lost though... if they can swing a new coach and some quality signings (like a new hooker and centre), the other things may get overlooked.

If they can't, or Kevin Moore / Ben Anderson get named as coaching staff (both employees of the company) then you'd have to think the Anderson's are gone in Feb.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nrl is a business, our club both on the field and off the field is a business, our team of players needs to be treated like a business, hire the best players and best coach we can, to do the best job.
the club is a business and for success it to needs run with the best people running it, no more saying its the family club, we need family dna, thats bullshit, a strong performing board and directors and decision makers are a must have now more then ever, we are failing on the field and off the field

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a terrible comparison, politis wouldn't make a website to lobby to become CEO. Our board did tbis hence why any errors on there rest with them and the person who developed it.
If you read my first post and then second one, you’d realise I thought the op was about the Bulldogs website and not the ticketed one...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The website they had up pushing their case before they were elected. It had everything to do with them and it was pure shit. Goodluck to them, hopefully they don't fuck up and keep Pay.
I’m not pro-the current board or anti-them either, I’m watching closely how they handle the next couple of months and will reserve my judgement till then...

I’m of the belief that our club and a whole host of things at the moment are complex but the next few months will define the board, CEO and a number of other positions you’d think.

Supporters all of a sudden believe that Holbrook is the messiah and if we get him I’ll be on his side 1000%, but there’s a big unknown there as well.

There’s a fair bit at stake and to gamble on isn’t there? We need to nail it.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Add to that all these uneducated little sad leb ***** who are related to that other Leb in Dib, degenerates like Weidler and Rothfield were always going to have a field day on the kennel.
Hey I'm
I must say about this board they talk a big game but so far are not looking very impressive and if they aren’t chasing holbrook they are clueless time will tell but so far they aren’t looking very good
I guess no one really knows how bad a snap the was in. Look at who we have moved on and by all reports was almost the cap there but we still are in a heap. If the board is judged on results it's really unfair 2 years in the blow up of the roster. On the field there hands were tied to this point. Off the field there is no excuse. I don't believe anymore in dogs DNA. If the right board is doing there job the best CEO coach and players are up for grabs. Nothing less should be their target. We have a big advantage in the league's club. Players will come to the club with the best infrastructure, CEO and coach. Spend big to get the best. We aren't the roosters with tpa but off the field we are rich so let's start acting that way.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Dib and co had to go and I don't want them back in. But everyone was right to question the new board given the way their website was set out... very unprofessional. Are they the right choice moving forward I guess time will tell.
No one knows what to make of the board until they have time to hire and follow through their plan. I would like to see the Anderson's out of the paper. The CEO and coach or head of football run the club. Let's start by getting the league's club to open one pokie and hire the best of the best . The bwst personal trainers, coaches and CEO. Let's start there.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Divide and Conquer...have you heard this famous quote ?
When are we going to fully understand that...
1. We are the targets for destruction by News Ltd & Nine Network that is the NRL
2. Greenturd was responsible for signing Hasler ( THE CANCER )...Both worked on destroying OUR CLUB.
3. Greenturd once said of the rumours of taking on the NRL CEO job...His job isn't finished at Canterbury, Well...Till he got Hasler in full control.
3. Hasler abused the trust of the previous board in him, despite their loyalty...It's NO EXCUSE for failure
4. The power brokers on the current board deserted the so called the FAMILY CLUB when it suited them and returned when it suited them, riding on what I believe is Hasler deliberate destruction of OUR CLUB
5. Sadly there is a racist and backstabbing opportunist who used the Andersons to get back on the board. In my opinion he shouldn't be at the club ( I will not name him now )
Unless both boards NEW & OLD iron out their differences UNITE & MEET around the round table for the one most important cause THE CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB and its fans...WE WILL BE DOOMED !!!
THE ENEMIES ARE TOO GREAT AND INFLUENTIAL !!!
I just can't thank you enough for putting it so honestly and clearly, I will also congratulate you for using the term racist, I'm sure that their is or at least has been an element of it around, and I'm certain that it hasn't helped our club in the scheme of things.
All the talk of getting the right people, be it on the board, be it the coach, be it the players, sounds all so good but our club is in a position where it doesn't know who to trust any more eg.
We signed a very successful coach in Hasler,on really big money, and gave him all the power he wanted, and he used his power to back end player contracts which made him look good so that he would continually get contract extensions, how did his tenure end up and how much money was he paid to destroy our club
There is no way he had the long term interest of our club at heart, so who are you going to trust in the future to coach and which players are going to sign that will play with heart.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m surprised it took this long for it to hit the media. I love how Weidler says he was handed the documents when you can quite easily search it online and find it in seconds.

Chris is on the board for his football knowledge but if he can’t keep his own house in order it certainly raises questions about him being the right fit for the board. He must still be eligible to stand on the board which is one head ache solved at least.
Shouldn't it be a good thing that they are not concentrating on other business ventures rather spending most of their time on the club?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be a good thing that they are not concentrating on other business ventures rather spending most of their time on the club?
Not really being a board member is only a part time role anyway.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They gotta get Gus and some good signings. The players we sign are average at best. They have lost all the rep players to get reserve graders

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to say its a part time job atm...
It is though all the board does is decide the direction the club is going in and the admin make it happen. The board doesn’t have a big say in day to day operations. Dib blurred the lines on a chairman’s role when he was heavily involved in everything.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They gotta get Gus and some good signings. The players we sign are average at best. They have lost all the rep players to get reserve graders
Does anyone know if Gus and Holbrook have had any associations in the past?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lynne and Chris Anderson are facing an uphill battle rebuilding their beloved Bulldogs. And things are not going that well for them in their other business ventures.

I have seen documents that show that on June 11 this year Anderson Recruitment went into liquidation. We have been informed their commitments to staff have been met. There is said to be more to the sudden end to the company. This news is sure to be seized upon by the enemies of the Andersons.
The concern for Lynne as chair and Chris as their main man in football is that there is an election in February. They need a big result in recruitment or on the field. They don’t need business issues outside football to become an issue
Post from Danny Weidler SMH

I remember someone posted something up last week about something mite be brewing in the back ground this could be interesting how it turns out
Just another fuckwit reporter slinging shit at our club!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So if the Roostets website was shit you would blame Politis?

Lol
Yep as I haven't got a fucking clue who the Roosters CEO is or their digital media manager is. I know who Politis is..... so yes he gets the blame.