Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Gagai to Bulldogs??

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Anything over 400k would be a bad signing imo and don't bother. Generally only up for Origin games so unless cheaper and 110% committed to putting in then the dosh could be better spent I think.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying that our backline is shit. Yet when we’re linked to an origin player, nah fuck him don’t sign him. Fucks sake who would you rather in the centres? Montoya? Holland? Or Gagai?

And people who say give Harper a run. Having a player like Gagai at the club will only make him better! Who’s mentoring him now? Montoya? Hoppa?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another BS rumour from rothfield...

Anyway, if this was true, rubbish signing considering their are a host of centres off contract end of next year which we can negotiate with come 1 November

Lomax
Xerri
Manu
Mitchell

Wingers, we only need one to go with resigning Remis smith Cotric or
Bailley Simonson

They would be my top 4 targets centre and two wingers I’d go all out for

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People saying that our backline is shit. Yet when we’re linked to an origin player, nah fuck him don’t sign him. Fucks sake who would you rather in the centres? Montoya? Holland? Or Gagai?

And people who say give Harper a run. Having a player like Gagai at the club will only make him better! Who’s mentoring him now? Montoya? Hoppa?
Because he has a shit attitude and rarely delivers at club level, not a representative level centre and is a poor defender. If we signed just anyone because they were "better" than what we have then we'd be after the entire NRL. He's a shit signing unless we're getting him at around 400k a season, even then i have very little interest in him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

I mainly say it due to his club level form over years and so we don't head down the same path again of paying massive money to non performing players and stuff our salary cap again. Each purchase has to be clever and worth it.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuck it, sign him up.q

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Overrated ****. He can stay in the out back AKA Redfern

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mainly say it due to his club level form over years and so we don't head down the same path again of paying massive money to non performing players and stuff our salary cap again. Each purchase has to be clever and worth it.
Yes each purchase has to be smart and worth it. But who wants to sign with us at the moment? Fuck all. Marquee players won’t come near us. We need players like Gagai to entice players here. We’re a hard sell at the moment.

Just saying. Gagai is better then what we got. I’d sign him up and use him to lure players here.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope he doesn't miss training sessions, like he did when at the Broncos.

That's why he was sacked from the club.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Not the best attacking centre. He can't beat his man one on one to set a try. And we don't have a half to put him onto space . A bit useless looking for centres when we lack creativity and a rolling pack. Need a prop n hooker than a top notch half before we worry about a centre or winger

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
WINGER.. so that’s a NO from me..!!!!

Let’s just sign Holbrook before we talk players, that’s a little more important right now.!!!
I agree Scoooby. Looks like we are good chance for Holbrook. I would be building up that war chest and let holbrook buy who he wants

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id take walker from manly before gagai, and rapana from raiders for 2020.

1. Dwz
2. Rapana
3. walker
4. Hoppa
5. Remis smith

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes each purchase has to be smart and worth it. But who wants to sign with us at the moment? Fuck all. Marquee players won’t come near us. We need players like Gagai to entice players here. We’re a hard sell at the moment.

Just saying. Gagai is better then what we got. I’d sign him up and use him to lure players here.
Yep better then what we got but not at 700k. We do need marquee guys to entice, fully agree and have said that myself BUT is he the marquee? At the end of the day if they signed him then I would get onboard no worries but I'm hoping we can do better you know.