Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never wanted Reynolds to go. He was at his best with Hodkinson (a half that organises) as much as I love his spirit and ‘mongrel’ he would have to be very very cheap to come back. I don’t think hooker is an option for him maybe a ‘14’ role where he can come on later stages or for an injury to inject some ‘spark’ we needs a ‘smart’ hooker either one that can scoot with speed and use the ball or one that can be an option kicker (Lichaa is neither of these and his service is still slow)

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I not saying this would work or not work, but what about...

1. Lewis

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

9. Reynolds

From left field but anyone thing this could work?

PS I'm only sure I want Foran and Wakeham in the halves.
I like it if he comes cheap would likely need another Hooker/utility on the bench only concern is his body holding up in the middle and his D

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is past it.
Seems to be injured a fair bit these days also...
ESL would be perfect for him.
Look at how Blake Austin is killing it over there...
Sign Austin

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly though, what else do we have left to lose?
We're a complete mess all over the field, and we decided to pay Foran 1mill a season to play half a dozen games per season.
150k for the only player left in the entire comp who plays with passion for our jersey and has the ability to spark other players into lifting, seems like a pretty good deal in comparison to Forans deal.
I havent checked the stats but I am pretty sure Foran has played more games than Josh in the past 2 years.
Sure, he's on more money but if you took the injuries out and assumed they were both fit, would you want Foz on $1m or Reynold on $800k?
Sorry to say grub, but I'm taking Foz.

Cold hard fact. He thought long and hard about it but wanted to stay loyal with the Tigers.
Still find it hard to believe.
He's not even an established NRL player, I wouldn't even want us to offer $400k, let alone him knocking it back.....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just go to england for the rest of your career youll kill it there and make some good $$

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just go to england for the rest of your career youll kill it there and make some good $$
If I was him I’d just stay at the Tigers collecting massive coin to play reggies.
The money probably wouldn’t be that much different.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was him I’d just stay at the Tigers collecting massive coin to play reggies.
I agree
I’d do the same and I’d retire at the end of the tigers contract
I’d be trying to conserve my body and plan life after footy.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree
I’d do the same and I’d retire at the end of the tigers contract
I’d be trying to conserve my body and plan life after footy.
I agree, save the body play some footy and do some courses or something for life after the game.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I'd have Reynolds back as long as The Tigers were paying at least half of his wage.Be nice to happen for us for once.Could be valuable as a utility at the right price and his commitment isn't in question.

Banned
Reaction score
I think some fail to realise what he represents.
It's not specifically his sporting prowess that has so many enamoured, it is what the side currently appears to lack on field.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think some fail to realise what he represents.
It's not specifically his sporting prowess that has so many enamoured, it is what the side currently appears to lack on field.
I get what you are saying mate
But I not sure he can provide that anymore

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A lot of people are talking about Josh like he’s a club legend.

Let me settle this once and for all. He isn’t. He is a good player but he doesn’t bleed blank white and blue at all. People confuse his hard style of play with him having some love for the bulldogs.

I’ll tell you why this is a myth. Please gather round and give me your ear.

1. The guy grew up a passionate Roosters Supporter. That’s pretty much well known. Consider that your first warning sign. Foreshadowing.

2. In the year 2017, Josh gave up a big contract offer from the dogs for a bigger offer from the struggling Tigers. Despite injuries, he played the exact same way for them when he’s on the park. He shows passion when he’s on the field, despite what colour jersey he is wearing.

Now if you are STILL not convinced, let me rock your world.....

3. At 5.45pm Friday 19/7/2019, Josh was on the Triple M austereo network discussing his future with Dan Ginanne and Ryan Girdler, in anticipation of the much anticipated warriors/ Sharks showdown.
At this pivotal time of 5.45pm, after discussing in honest terms how Madge offered to pimp him out, Ryan Girdlee said to Josh ‘you would be good coming off the roosters bench’.

What did Josh reply?

‘Ohhh That would be a dream’.

*mic drops*

Nasheed.

Status
Not open for further replies.