Opinion New strip rule

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our refereeing crop aren't capable of officiating such a rule.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Where is this fight taking place?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should just scrap the rule altogether. It’s stupid.

Also get rid of the zero tackle rule, or make it only for kicks from outside 30m that go dead in goal.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Also get rid of the zero tackle rule, or make it only for kicks from outside 30m that go dead in goal.
It was introduced to protect golden boy Slater after a game where Titans repeatedly kicked it dead to nullify his kick returns... now that he's retired they'll probably bring it back.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind it to be honest. There’s not enough contested possession in league anymore. If you are good enough to steal the ball then you deserve it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When players are telling their team mates to drop off the tackle because they believe they have taken control of the ball, doesn't it mean that there was two in the tackle when the ball was stolen?

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t like it, prefer the old rule where as soon as a second defender is involved a strip can’t be made, when teams do it looks like a rugby union rolling mall, and we should be avoiding anything that resembles union

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t like it, prefer the old rule where as soon as a second defender is involved a strip can’t be made, when teams do it looks like a rugby union rolling mall, and we should be avoiding anything that resembles union
I agree with this. If it can only be effected when 1 on 1 then it removes the 50/50 calls of "did the 2nd tackler drop off milli seconds before ball was stripped ". Less reliance on a referee interpretation

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just another grey area for refs to interpret as they need to to swing a match the way they want to.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
What gets me more is the amount of players/actors who stay down holding their neck since the clamp down on so called crushers.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our refereeing crop aren't capable of officiating such a rule.
Our refereeing crop are barely capable of hold a lollypop stick and officiate at a school crossing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The adjudication of the rules of the game is worse than it's ever been, which is saying a lot considering it's been a shambles for decades now.

I agree, this strip rule opens a can of worms but at the same time, players should just hold onto the fucking ball and value possession.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What gets me more is the amount of players/actors who stay down holding their neck since the clamp down on so called crushers.
We will get that sorted lol.. chimp can work on the strip, ball handling anyway :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
We will get that sorted lol.. chimp can work on the strip, ball handling anyway :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I think we employ Southy to work with Chimp with stripping and Ball handling together.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont mind the strip but agree with the zero tackle rule.
If kicked within 20 or 30m from goal line, should just be normal set restart.
It reduced the number of attacking kicks teams do dramatically and makes for boring footy.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like the 2nd player dropping off and steal business. Should have left to 1 on 1. Last thing we want is the game becoming a stripathon.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why exactly did they change the strip rule?